Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #1

Air filter problem on 2005 HR Endeavor

Yesterday I replaced the air filter element in our Endeavor but what I found surprised me. When I started to install the new cartridge I noticed the cannister was bent in the back so the new filter couldn't be pushed onto the stub of the outlet tubing and seal. Looking at the old filter the seal area was deformed causing a dubious seal. Crawling under the coach the piping from the turbo inlet was misaligned and caused the bent cannister.

I had to remove the 5 inch steel tube from the rubber 45 on the cannister and the turbo inlet. The clamps were all tightened from the top and hard to reach from underneath leading me to believe this was done at Roadmaster when rhey built the chassis. The coach is 10 years old but only has 28,000 miles so this is probably the first time the filter has been changed. I realigned the tubing and the 45 bend and got every thing to line up without bending the filter housing.

I'm glad T got this done but it really turned into a big job, especially when I thought 5 minutes at most. You may want to check yours as a bad seal will allow dirt into the turbo air side and will eventually destroy the driven wheel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #2

I would be doing a few oil samples to make sure the motor is not dusted
I pull a sample on every oil change, cost $13.50
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #3

Air filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverhome2 View Post
Yesterday I replaced the air filter element in our Endeavor but what I found surprised me. When I started to install the new cartridge I noticed the cannister was bent in the back so the new filter couldn't be pushed onto the stub of the outlet tubing and seal. Looking at the old filter the seal area was deformed causing a dubious seal. Crawling under the coach the piping from the turbo inlet was misaligned and caused the bent cannister.

I had to remove the 5 inch steel tube from the rubber 45 on the cannister and the turbo inlet. The clamps were all tightened from the top and hard to reach from underneath leading me to believe this was done at Roadmaster when rhey built the chassis. The coach is 10 years old but only has 28,000 miles so this is probably the first time the filter has been changed. I realigned the tubing and the 45 bend and got every thing to line up without bending the filter housing.

I'm glad T got this done but it really turned into a big job, especially when I thought 5 minutes at most. You may want to check yours as a bad seal will allow dirt into the turbo air side and will eventually destroy the driven wheel.
I have same coach ,only a diplomat. I changed the filter prior to this last time and didn't have any trouble with it lining up properly. This last change I had same problem you encountered. Wasnt happy with the way it was going in. I want to take it all apart and make sure that it's seated properly because I don't want any debris getting by filter. I ran my own tractors for many years and never encountered all the failures that I read about on these forums.
Crabbyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:10 AM   #4

I have had more issues with the MH than on any of the many truck tractors I have owned. Will definitely have the oil analyzed when it is changed in a couple weeks. I changed the oil last June so it should be OK, only about 6,000 miles since then.