Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2018, 06:26 AM   #43

you need to check the tag valve. mine has 8 valves on what every body calls a 6pack 4 high flow and 4 regular. be sure to get enough o-rings
Jim E
06 exec
bigjim8499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildawg View Post
On mine 2005 Dynasty it’s mounted in the large bay. There’s a access cover in the ceiling.
Butch, on your 2005 Dynasty, does your front six pack manifold have two exhaust ports and two pressure switches? Reason I ask, is that mine only has one exhaust port on the left side the other looks like it was plugged at the factory. I'm also not sure how many pressure switches I'm seeing. According to the 2000 series manual that I have, it should have two. AND there is one unconnected plug in the bundle labeled pressure switch. Reason I ask is that I replaced the R lowering solenoid and the problem is NOT fixed. The weird thing is that the R front bags still take a lot longer to deflate than all the others when I use the DUMP switch on the panel. When all the others are empty, the R fronts still have air in them.

TBoone
05 DDIV
tbfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
TBoone,
I'll have to crawl under and look. Don't remember. I'm not home right now but should be back tomorrow.
devildawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #46

Quote:
TBoone,
I'll have to crawl under and look. Don't remember. I'm not home right now but should be back tomorrow.
Never mind. Just rechecked myself and I do have two pressure switches and they are both connected. The dangling connector is labeled SYS Press and appears to be unused in my system.

The R front exhaust port was plugged with "dauber stuff". See pics before and after cleaning it out. Now the R front bags dump as fast as all the others.

Now to reassess the original problem; R front bags leaking down.

TBoone
05 DDIV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R Front Exhaust Port Plugged.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	192708  
Old 02-18-2018, 05:33 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
That’s great. You’re getting there.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I checked mine and both exhaust ports are open.
devildawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #49

Quote:
I checked mine and both exhaust ports are open.
Thanks for looking. After closer inspection, I do have two exhaust ports, one of which had been visited by mud daubers. Amazing how hard that deposited mud is. See my previous post. I opened it up and the R front lower valve exhausts normally now. However, I still have a leak in the R font bags despite replacing the R lower valve with a new one. Time to re-assess the problem

TBoone
05 DDIV
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #50

Still looking for my R front air system leak. I know it has to be somewhere in in loop from the pressure connections from the six-pack manifold to the ping tanks to the large dia hoses that connect to the bags to the bags themselves. The loop loses all air in about 10 minutes when supply is cut off...i.e. main engine is cut off, isolating that loop. The six pack and many connections are relatively easy to easy to soap up and inspect BUT the hoses and parts of the bags themselves are very difficult to get at and visualize.
A friend with HVAC experience wondered IF there might be some sort of inert, colored gas, smoke, etc.. that could be introduced into the system that would make it easy to at least see what region the leak is coming from. Does anyone know if such is possible??
TIA,
TBoone
05 DDIV
Old 02-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Boy I would still think that with that quick of a leak down that it should be fairly easy to find something with the soapy water squirt bottle.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:05 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Boy I would still think that with that quick of a leak down that it should be fairly easy to find something with the soapy water squirt bottle.
Yep, I have that feeling that I'm not seeing the "elephant in the room" that experienced folks would see quickly. It's obviously not rocket science but I haven't been there and done that.....YET

TBoone
05 DDIV
Old 02-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Be thorough and methodical in the search and I’m sure you’ll locate it/them

Good luck
Old 02-19-2018, 07:21 PM   #54

This past summer we blew an inside duel causing almost zero damage somehow but my tag axle airbag got a small laceration in it. Having corrected MANY small leaks over the years here and there that seemed to pop up at random I was confident our new leak was the air bag. I soap tested the crud out of that bag and never found any leaks, anywhere. I soaked it everywhere, nothing. Re tested the 6 packs, lines, fittings, regulators... nothing. Changed the bag and poof, fixed.
Point is, it is there somewhere, keep the faith.
Can you swap airbag lines at the 6 pack left to right, see if the problem is upstream or downstream of the 6 packs (someone else might have already suggested that).
Do you have any friends that have a smoke machine that can give you a hand? They can inject a tracer into the system to see a leak.

Or maybe if you you have a good cigar you can spend a little time under there puffing smoke around some areas your not able to soap test easily. Sounds crazy but it might work, maybe... I believe you said it goes down very fast so air has to be moving around somewhere

Oh and it is such a joy crawling around under there, I know!
Windecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbfisher View Post
Yep, I have that feeling that I'm not seeing the "elephant in the room" that experienced folks would see quickly. It's obviously not rocket science but I haven't been there and done that.....YET

TBoone
05 DDIV
RV #5 1999 Monaco Signature Slide ISM 11 450
RV #6 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ Detroit Series 60
Honda Fit, Odyssey or Cargo trailer in tow.
Windecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:09 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
I was wondering if the undercoating rubberized material that you can get in a spray can could be used to coat the suspect areas. It would blow bubbles or not stick in leaking areas. Never tried it but was thinking about it when I start looking for leaks in my system.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #56

A stethoscope modified to incorporate a hose in place of the probe
may allow you to hear the leak .

https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ope-63296.html
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, hwh, leak, leveling