Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Your right Mike, I only replaced the 2 O-rings on each solenoid....but glad you posted info on the other. I've not seen anything before about that O-ring.
Mike, did you spray the solenoid and see bubbles leaking up the center under the nut? On mine the bubbles were at the base of the solenoid. Just wondering what a person should look for? Thanks for the info!
John G.
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #16

When I sprayed the solenoids the bubbles came out between the black electromagnet part and the brass base. No bubbles at the top under the nut.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #17

Just to pass on to all that are interested. I found out what company makes those solenoids and it just happens that I know a fellow racer at that company. I sent him pictures and the video of the leak then discussed the rebuilding. He verified that I had all the correct size orings. I can also get any other parts for those solenoids. He was amazed that the orings were leaking on all mine and is going to research it. They used a flat oring back then but have since switched to a regular round oring. The story continues.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Mike, have you come across this information? HWH Solenoid Valve Disassemble

Also, I understand that HWH makes a "pronged" tool used with a socket/ratchet to remove solenoids in tight spots. Do you know anything about it or something similar that can be purchased. I don't really like using channel locks and some of the room extend and retract solenoids are not accessible with channel locks. Thanks in advance for any info on that tool.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #19

Interesting write up thanks. So he has the same oring part numbers as I listed which is good. That also agrees with what The company who makes the solenoids told me. That plunger in side the solenoid with the blue rubber seat that he had so much problem with in the article is replaceable without having to buy a whole new solenoid. You can order the plunger and the special pin wrench to remove it and I can supply that info next week after I get home. I haven't verified it but I think this is the rebuild kit that will work with our solenoids but I need to check.
http://www.jegs.com/i/NOS/741/16001/10002/-1

I used canon plug pliers that I bought from Amazon.com
Boulderfly Soft Jaw Cannon Plug Pliers:Amazon:Home Improvement
You have to remove the solenoids in sequence from the bottom up because like what you said there is not enough room to get the pliers in there for the middle or top one. You can just undo the nut on the top of the solenoid and slide off the black magnet part and leave it hanging. Label them so you don't mix them up. The sequence on the solenoids is the bottom one is used to raise the bag for leveling. The middle one lowers the bag for leveling. And the top solenoid is for the Travel Mode.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #20

I have a 2007 Sportscoach Crosscountry that is loosing air. It leaks down in approx. 30 minutes. Went out this morning to check, pumped up, turned the engine off, I could hear the parking brake switch leaking. I have one on order, but I would think it could be rebuilt.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #21

Solenoid internal o-rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Just to pass on to all that are interested. I found out what company makes those solenoids and it just happens that I know a fellow racer at that company. I sent him pictures and the video of the leak then discussed the rebuilding. He verified that I had all the correct size orings. I can also get any other parts for those solenoids. He was amazed that the orings were leaking on all mine and is going to research it. They used a flat oring back then but have since switched to a regular round oring. The story continues.
Hi Mike, can you still get the internal o-rings for the HWH six pack solenoids?

204 724 5415
Wildbuckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Wildbuckaroo, Mike has gone racing almost full time and is not as active on here.
What year model coach do you have?

Here is a link to an o-ring size chart at the o-ring store.
https://www.theoringstore.com/index....5fd42776832106

I think the best way to purchase these is in a kit that has Viton o-rings in all three sizes we need: -015, -019, and -028.
https://www.theoringstore.com/index....5fd42776832106
Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbuckaroo View Post
Hi Mike, can you still get the internal o-rings for the HWH six pack solenoids?

204 724 5415
Any o ring type rubber will work you dont really need Viton in a clean air system /but it wont hurt
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:42 PM   #24

Here is a link to a guy that owns a Foretravel fortunately the leveling
system is like ours .
He has a good tutorial on the solenoids

Ray

HWH Solenoid Valve Disassemble
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
This is the wrench you need to take the solenoids apart to get to the inner o-ring.

Newco 202079 Spanner Nut Wrench https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007PCOBCE..._-TgNBbHXBBKW6

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 09:06 PM   #26

Question on leveling system

I realize youn guys keep referring to HWH but on my 2006 Camelot the control panel says Valid PowerGear. Is that only referencing the controller and the solenoid 6 packs are by HWH? I presently am in ?South Dakota for Sturgis Rally & a few events in Deadwood. My drivers side will not stay up & level, tired of walking uphill & downhill!
Appreciate all the info but slightly confused on system.thanks.
SACIL9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:37 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SACIL9151 View Post
I realize youn guys keep referring to HWH but on my 2006 Camelot the control panel says Valid PowerGear. Is that only referencing the controller and the solenoid 6 packs are by HWH? I presently am in ?South Dakota for Sturgis Rally & a few events in Deadwood. My drivers side will not stay up & level, tired of walking uphill & downhill!
Appreciate all the info but slightly confused on system.thanks.
The Valid system is different.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 08:54 AM   #28

Talking Valid Air Leveling System

Does anyone know of any links to Valid PowerGear Air leveling system. Presently in Sturgis South Dakota and continuing to walk up and down hills in coach! Suggestions? Suggestions on services in area?

thanks,
SACIL9151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, leak, leveling