Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air leveling compressor

Just a question out of curiosity...

My 2009 Camelot has air only leveling. Once it is leveled, I usually turn off the system, preventing it from checking level and running every two hours. I find that the coach stays pretty level, no problem. Even when I am parked for a long time. When I start the coach again, coach air is pretty well empty and needs some run time before being at pressure. Still, this doesn't affect leveling at all, even with the air level at or near zero.

That said, the pump will run occasionally during an extended stay. Maybe every 2 weeks or so. So what is being topped off? Is there a separate air system for leveling? I always thought that leveling was the same air circuit as air bags at ride height...

== John
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
John, I don't know but mine is exactly as yours except I have the compressor fuse pulled so it will never come on. Always stays level, air at zero or close in four days or so.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Think most of your questions are answered in this thread... http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/vali...or-211533.html

Why they come out of level, think on mine, it's the change of position of the beer, from the fridge to the holding tank .
Also think temperature change from day to night effects the pressure of the air in the bags.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
96 Wideglide, I understand and I am aware of the temp changes on the airbags. But it has never bothered me enough to keep the leveling system turned on.

My question was, since I have the system turned off, why does the compressor run every once in a while? And I'm talking about once every two to three weeks...
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ahh, probably a very slight leak somewhere between the aux tank, and where it tie's in to the levelling system . Drain valve on bottom of tank mabe.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Are you hitting emergency stop after leveling?? That completely turns off the air.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor, leveling