RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #1

Air Leveling System

I have a 2007 Monaco Dynasty with auto air leveling system (no jacks). We have had this coach for just over one year. We have had issues with the air leveling system and compressor going off on a more regular time. When we first got the coach it seems like it would re-level every 7-8 hours. Then this last winter in Florida it was every 3-4 hours. I have taken it to Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL on two occasions for fixing this problem. They only found one little air leak and one bad fitting. Still was not much better maybe every 5-6 hours. Now this summer it is going off 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Starting to drive the wife and I nuts, besides being so loud for our camping friends. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fixed it? If not where could one take the coach for someone to fix this problem.

Gary Shoemaker
2007 Monaco Dynasty

gshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Mine was going off a lot more frequently then that. I replaced the pressure switch, no improvment. I pulled the fuse and it has been quiet ever since. I do leave the engine running while leveling. I see no ill effects, it is still level sitting at home for a few weeks between trips. And I am so unlevel at home that it says "slope" till I hit the auto level a second time.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #3

Take a roadtrip over to Moscow, IA to HWH and let them fix it. They are very customer friendly & have a few 50 amp sites for over nights.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Take a roadtrip over to Moscow, IA to HWH and let them fix it. They are very customer friendly & have a few 50 amp sites for over nights.
I think his system, like mine, is PowerGear.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #5

If you want to avoid the constant leveling, once you level the coach, hit the emergency stop button on the hwh controller. If you think you are out of level after a few days, start up and re-level. Hit the emergency stop button again.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
After you deploy slides and level just hit the "Emergency Stop" button. See how long the coach stays level. Ours holds level for weeks. No annoying compressor noise. It's a great backup, and maybe ok if you have a leak BUT...overkill if you are inside a lot walking around, it just keeps trying to make small adjustments due to wiggling. Try it you may be happy to find you don't really have a "problem".

PS..welcome to the forum.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #7

THe OP likely has a Power Gear system. THere must be a leak somewhere or you are parked on soft ground. Another owner mentioned to me that a repair guy found that Monaco put a check valve in the wrong place in the air circuit.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #8

I forgot to tell everyone that I have a Power Gear System. I have on Power Gear control panel auto and manual button for leveling. I have tried both buttons in leveling and it still acts the same way. I have even leveled and then hit the power button for the control panel to off. The compressor will still come on and off no matter what I do. We live in Illinois so HWH in Iowa would be a easy trip for us. I would have to call them to see if they would work on a Power Gear System.
Would like to thank everyone for all the quick responses. We will keep after this problem until we get it done right.

Gary Shoemaker
2007 Monaco Dynasty Queen IV
Old 10-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #9

I called Monaco Tech Support and they told me to make sure that there is a check valve on the system. He said they had a bad habit of NOT installing a check valve on motorhomes built in 05 and 06 years. He also told me how to pull the fuse for the aux. compressor not to run. I did that yesterday afternoon and the compressor has been silent since then. The coach was level at that time and 18 hours later has not moved off of being level. We will have are RV Tech back home check on the check valve in about one week after returning from this trip.

Gary Shoemaker
07 Dynasty Queen IV
09 Grand Cherokee Jeep
Currently in Nashville, TN
Old 10-16-2011, 06:01 PM   #10

I had/have the same problem but mine would run 12 time a day or more . The compressor is likely the one just behind the front axle which is used when the motor is not running. It is permanently wired to the Power Gear leveling system and pressing the off switch on the control panel has no effect.

I just disconnected the connection on the compressor. Although removing the fuse would certainly work I never bothered to locate it. Even though I do have an air leak the coach never seems to become unlevel so I've never gotten around to replace the pressure switch as suggested by Monaco tech. (I know there is an air leak as there is a low air, front & rear, messages on startup after sitting for awhile.) Someday it might be important enough to find the leak.

TurtleBack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling