Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Air Pressure

I have an 06 Camelot 38PDQ. The air pressure gauge on the dash is almost useless to determine what the pressure is. Yesterday I put and air gauge on the air output (by the generator) and staarted the engine and let the air pressure come up. It went up to about 120 pounds and the air dryer went off, then the pressure went back to about 105 over about a minute and hung out there.

My question is: Does this sound right? Should the pressure at this output be at system pressure?

Thanks,
Tom
tompn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Sounds normal to me. After a further drop in pressure, from using
brakes, or normal air loss in the system, it will come back up
to 120 and then the governor will engage and you will hear it
dump again at the air dryer. It is a continuous cycle.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #3

In my coach there are two connections in the generator compartment, one to charge the air system externally (male connector) and one to use it to inflate tires, etc. (female connector). The first one is essentially directly connected to the air system and should not be pressurized above 120 psi per the manual. I would expect it to be the closest to the actual system air pressure.

The other one, supplies air from the front tank through a pressure protection valve. I would expect tit to be slightly lower than the actual compressor pressure due to the devices it passes through.

Either way, the pressures sound about right.
jrusselltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
No Tom it sounds like your air govener is working right but your air dryer unloaded is not cutting off right, probably need to get a repair kit for your air dryer. How long has it been since the dryer was serviced?
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Air pressure

Thanks for the responses. The air dryer was serviced about a year and half ago. I know that I have an air leak somewhere in the system to be explored in the neer future, I can not get under the coach when parked in the port.

Thanks again,
Tom
Old 02-27-2016, 08:19 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you pressurize and leave it sit how long before your gauges read 0? Its normal for some bleed off to occur.

Remember that you need air to move...not stop. If you can't pressurize your air system (brakes) you can't move the vehicle without releasing the springs on the brakes themselves.

There are some DP coaches out there that once you lose the motor and/or air compressor its a challenge to tow them. The air bags go flat and you have to release the spring paks on the brakes. My coach as a connector in front that can be tied into the tow truck's air system to keep the bags inflated and be able to release the brakes. We had to put it to use once.
USA-RVNomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hello - I have a red and green needle on the air pressure gauge - the green one bleeds down quicker than the red. What is the meaning (or difference) in the two needles ?

Thanks

Alan
str8six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:54 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
red and green needles

I had a 99 Diplomat that was that way. The two needles are for the two air tanks, one in the front and on in the rear of the coach.