RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #1

Air Ride adjustment

From time to time while traveling I noticed right rear side of coach (94 Monaco Executive) will bottom out enough for the fender well area to make contact with top of tire. When coach is parked it appears to be level, air will leak down to around 70 - 90 psi over night. My question can the left and right air bags height on each axel be adjusted independently of each other or does one valve control all bags on each axel?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On the Monaco vesta there is an adjusting valve just in front of each rear axle for each rear side. They are not easy to access. The front valve is on passenger front. If you adjust be careful not to get caught up or under your coach.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You have two ride height valves at the back of the coach. You adjust them to achieve correct rear ride height, and make the coach level side to side. You have one ride height valve at the front of the coach, dead center above the front axle. All that ride height valve does is control the general height of the front of the coach.

Considering that your coach sits at ride height when parked, but the right rear is low when driving, I believe that you need to replace at least the right rear ride height valve. You could check the bolt that connects the ride height valve to the linkage. It could be rusted and seizing the linkage.

I had this problem several years ago, and finally replaced all the ride height valves. Things have been fine ever since.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Air Ride adjustment

If you can find a direct replacement, it is a fairly simple swap.

I replaced my rears recently but bought a different type which required welding the included bracket to the old bracket so that it could install correctly. The PO had put a new style on one side, but it was not installed level and I wanted to make it all right.

The other issue I had was that I did not use the correct sealing compound on the pipe threads and had to take them out again and redo the pipe threads to fix a couple of leaks. All is good now.

You also need to determine the correct ride height to set it so that the ride height is correct to avoid bottoming and driveline alignment issues. See my thread for some more details as the information on the correct ride height setting for my 1994 Signature was not readily obvious.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203558

On mine it was a somewhat messy job and you need to be very careful anytime you get under your coach. If you are not comfortable with getting dirty and securing your coach safely, please use a truck service (rather than a motor home service).

Paul
pwhittle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #5

Thanks for all replies. I consider myself above average mechanically and do 85% of my own repairs. So I decided to crawl under and do some serious checks and measurements. I found that the problem was not an out of adjustment height issue, it was a problem with heavy plastic liner covering the wheel well area over the tires. While it still looks good it is bowed in front and rear toward the rear inside tire and makes contact on rough roads or big bumps. Repositioning braces should solve that problem. Thanks again.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Glad it worked out to be a simple repair.

Paul

pwhittle is online now   Reply With Quote