Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Thanks guys!

You're right, it's the male fitting. The female is for airing tires, etc. And I knew all that , I'd even put together the fittings/hoses/adapters/filters back when I had the Endeavor. Never used it, so I never remembered it. Gosh, I feel dumb.
Heck, I find stuff all the time I did not remember I had. Sometimes its so bad I go to the hardware store and purchase something only to get home and find I already had it.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 10:10 AM   #16

I have the air only system as well, and it's the ValidPowergear system. There is no dryer on that aux compressor. It is my understanding that it doesn't need one as the tank that is filled by it doesn't mix with the other "dry" tanks. Chasing the air leaks seems to be never ending. Just when I think I have them all fixed, another one pops up. Luckily the current leak is not causing the coach to lean or go out of level. It is causing the dang air pump to run once in a while. I installed a switch in the cockpit that activates a relay I installed in the front run box to make sure the pump does not come on in the middle of the night. I replaced the air pump and corrected the incorrect plumbing that Monaco had installed which caused the pump to run most of the time.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV
45 ft., tag, ISM500
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:59 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Heh-heh-heh, and I don't think we're alone, Bob. I'm beginning to think my pile of "Oops, I'd already bought one (or more) of that, but I'll save it for later" is getting bigger than the stuff I did buy and use.

'Miester: Right you are, by golly! Looking again at the manual (Jeez, and I used to write 'em for a living! ), it clearly shows the aux pump and the 'Charge Valve' both go to the 'wet side' of the front tank. There's an interconnect between it and the rear tank, but the other half of the front is dry.
As an aside, could that pressure sensor on the aux pump be leaking? I'm thinking mine is leaking, but haven't got around to checking it.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #18

Pressure switch could be leaking. Mine came with the pressure switch installed between the pump and the check valve, pump ran almost all the time, which is why you'll find many coaches with the fuse laying in the bottom of the run box. Why someone didn't replumb I have no idea. When I replaced my pump I put the switch between the check valve and the tank. But yeah, a leak on the switch will do it, I think. I'm losing air somewhere but the coach stays level. Crawling around under looking for the leak is on my to do list. Right now I have a switch to cut power to the pump when I don't want it to run.

Roadmiester,
09 Dynasty Regal IV
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
' Miester - you're right again!
I've also disconnected power to my pump and added a separate switch for it, because sometimes the pump will run for 2-3 seconds after the tank is full, then cut off for another 4-5 seconds, and then repeat.
In my mind, that's just about enough time for a leak in the pressure switch to drop the pressure and then cause it to kick back on again. ( BTW, the switch is maybe an inch from the pump itself, and then there's the T and another line maybe 3-4 inches that goes to the check-valve, and then on to the tank line. The perfect scenario.)
I haven't moved that switch yet, ala the: 'Great Monaco Pressure-Switch Mis-Plumbed Redo', but it's definitely needed.

Once that's done, I need to find the big leak that causes it to lean. Just a few more things on the ever-growing list .

Tags
air, compressor