Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
The Aladdin Jr displays the input source at the top and bottom of the Voyager monitor. I was able to go in throught the menu and remove the bottom display, but not the top. The display of "A/V' on top of the nav makes reading the top line a pain. Has anyone figured out how to disable the source display? Do any other motorhome manufacturers also use the Voyager?

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The Aladdin Jr displays the input source at the top and bottom of the Voyager monitor. I was able to go in throught the menu and remove the bottom display, but not the top. The display of "A/V' on top of the nav makes reading the top line a pain. Has anyone figured out how to disable the source display? Do any other motorhome manufacturers also use the Voyager?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Harry, I found this link, it may help.
http://www.asaelectronics.com/techpd...l%202-4-07.pdf

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Mike. I also went there tonight and found same as you. I have that manual and it doesn't address the issue. I eve tried for a trouble shooting guide, but that was a dead link. I did email them. Maybe I'll get lucky

Old 08-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #5

Harry--On the Aladdin problems---I read that you have a newer Aladdin manual---is it possible that You might email a copy to me---Here is my problem all my screens work but i get XXXX's for the read outs---such as Trans Temp XXXX on all but the readings for inside and outside temps. I have tried all that has been sugested to me but still no luck!!!!! My Aladdin manual 2006 is 2pages of no help. I would appreciate any and all help!!!!
Thanks ahead of time
spa48
Steve
Monaco Diplomat DST
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Steve,
I've scanned my manual for you. PM me your email and they will be on the way.
The manual explains how to use all the functions, but not how to set it up. The instructions mention the reset switch, which I have never found. And there is none on the control box behind the dash either.

With all XXX, maybe you are not getting data into the Aladdin box. If you haven't done so already disconnect and reconnect the two plugs on the side of the box, key off, and turn it back on and try it again.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #7

Harry You can send to me at spa_48@comcast.net---- Do appreciate the help and ideas!!!!!
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Happycarz,
A temporary solution is to depress the lower volume button. Both top and bottom legends will disappear. However the next time you use the turnsignals the legends will reappear
Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I did go into the menu and eliminated the lower legend some time back, but was unable to get rid of the "A/V" on top. When I talked to the Voyager tech, he said it was built into the software and couldn't be eliminated. (ASA Electronics makes the Voyager display.)

I just went out to try the volume control idea and found out when the volume is diplayed, the "A/V" is gone at the top, but returns when volume display times out. Does yours stay off after the volume display times out?

My Garmin is displayed on my Aladdin/Voyager screen and when I use the turn signals, the camera comes on. As I use the mirrors instead of the side cameras, I just disconnected the trigger wires. Now it doesn't interfer with the nav. I also changed the camera sequence in the dispay section of the menu. Now when I repeatedly hit "select" it goes to rear, left, right, and back to engine readings or nav, depending where it was when I started the sequence. I eliminated all the split screens and can now get to the camera I want prett quickly.

So, to ask again, does the to legend only come back on when using a turn signal, or does it just time out and come back on?

Old 08-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I just checked my screen and the legends disappear and stay gone till I cause a screen change.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Harry,

If you cannot find a solution for this problem, you may want to just abandon the Voyager display altogether for the Aladdin and send that output to another monitor. I love this setup, because I like to keep an eye on BOTH the Aladdin data and the rearview camera at the same time. I just bought an inexpensive monitor, mounted it on the left side of the dash area, and re-routed the Aladdin output from the Voyager to the new monitor.

I also do not like the side cameras coming on with the turn signals all the time. So I added a switch for the triggers. You can see more details on all of this at the top of this page.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote