RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #1

Aladdin System Down

I own 2004 Monaco Exec. Recently I replaced coach batteries and cables. Although the power light by the Aladdin togggle switch indicates power, it does not respond. Only the radio and CD player will work.
Any suggestions???

ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #2

Hi,
On our 05 Windsor we have an Alladin switch in the cabinet over the driver. It is on the outside wall in the front cabinet not the side. Try flipping the switch may have gotten turned off by accident

D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #3

In addition to the toggle switch in the cabinet over the drivers head, did you also hit the push button switch on the top right of the alladin screen?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #4

Aladdin Down

The reset button on my coach is next to the control panel. I have tried it.
Thanks for the response.
ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #5

ripp, how many power switches do you have for your alladin setup? Also, is your inverter on and working and did you have to restart it? What about your "salesman" switch by your entrance door? Here is a link that will lead you to troubleshooting Alladin in case you don't have it. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/alad...oad-72367.html
Old 09-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #6

alladin

I have a reset switch in cabinet where I close front curtain. I unplugged the plastic connection to the bottom of the toggle switch then plugged it back in again. It reset itself that way also. If all else fails call Beaver sales and service in Bend Oregon. They have the info on where it can be repaired and parts if needed. good luck
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #7

I would pull the two fuses for the solar panel feed to both the chassis and coach batteries and then disconnect the negative cables from both the coach and chassis batteries. Then connect the batteries up and then the solar panels so you get a complete system reset. Most of the time this will fix the problem. I have found that if working on the batteries you should first disable the two fuses on the solar panel. It states that in the owners panel and seems to help in not locking up the Aladdin System. One my MH one solar panel fuse is located in the Chassis battery compartment and the other is located at the solar panel control unit.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #8

2004 Dynasty Aladdin Issue

Cant locate the reset switch and inline fuse for the Aladdin system. no power to the Aladdin unit so nothing in the system works.

7.5 fuse in the front bay labeled "clk memory" is good. This is the fuse the schematics show for power to the Aladdin.

All other house functions work, so not the salesman switch or dead batteries.

Any ideas on where the rest switch and inline fuse is located in the 2004 dynasty? The schematic shows an in-line fuse not sure if there is one there.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to provide

Mike
mmulvenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #9

Mike, what model MH do you have? My reset switch is above the drivers side window on the wooden panel by my Inverter Control Box. I have never found that Alladin fuse yet.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
While we are talking about fuses, the accessories/ 12v sig lighter failed on my drive to Dallas
I checked "dash 12v" that's ok but can't find the acc fuse in the 05 signature.
3 hrs of searching and reading the specs
I am at a service centre, the tech is having a similar issue so at $120/ hr can someone with the knowledge please share it with me
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #11

Steve, I have a 2005 Dynasty Component Layout Pic that might help you. Send me a PM with you email address. Unable to post it here as the format is not acceptable for an attachment.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Mike, what model MH do you have? My reset switch is above the drivers side window on the wooden panel by my Inverter Control Box. I have never found that Alladin fuse yet.
Sorry, 2004 Dynasty Diamond 4. I have looked there but to no avail. Is it buried behind the panel?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp View Post
I own 2004 Monaco Exec. Recently I replaced coach batteries and cables. Although the power light by the Aladdin togggle switch indicates power, it does not respond. Only the radio and CD player will work.
Any suggestions???
Ripp,
Were you able to solve your problem and do you also need the component sheet I have. If so, pm me with your email address.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmulvenna View Post
Sorry, 2004 Dynasty Diamond 4. I have looked there but to no avail. Is it buried behind the panel?
Any idea what the reset switch looks like or where it might be located in an 2004 Dynasty Diamond 4, other than the location(s) mentioned above.

Thanks in advance
Mike