Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Alarm driving me nuts!!

On my 04 Diplomat I suspected a low air switch problem, but now I'm not sure. After the air has built up I release the parking brake put the trans in R back out of storage with no alarms, put it into D with no alarms put it into N and set the parking brake, let her idle for awhile put her into D or R alarms sounds, now after driving 5 to 10 miles the alarm goes off and does not sound again until I stop put her into N let her idle for a while before shutting down. Start back up put her in D or R the alarm sounds again until driving for 5 to 10 miles. Now I suspect something to do with the trans maybe a temp switch? I must mention no warning lights on the dash.

Dan, Patsy & Pepper
redryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #2

Check for slow leak. High idle speed before driving may keep enough pressure until you idle it again?
OND
oldnotdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #3

Dan, if you have a tranny fault then you would have a trouble code in the for the transmission and most likely a warning light on the dash. With the key on and engine off go to the transmission keypad and push both the up and down arrows at the same time. The first thing to come up is the electronic fluid level which with a cold transmission will show a fault but you don't care. Now push the up and the down shift arrows again at the same time. Now the fault codes will start appearing. Write the code down and if the red LED for the Economy mode is on then push the mode button to read the next code. Keep doing that until you have all the codes.

You never said that you were monitoring the air tank gauges. With the motor running are both needles up around the 120-130 range? When the alarm sounds are the needles still up there or have they dropped?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #4

Easy fix, been ther done it , had same problem. It is the swith under the park brake switch. Take console off , under side of switch is a sensor, Cost about $50.00

park brake switch
Nason Company
P/N: SM-1C-66R/WP28
1307 S. Highway 11
Order from one of the following Nason Distributors
Walhalla, SC 29691
Cross Company 866-219-8217
800-229-4955
Sunsource 800-228-5800
http://www.nasonptc.com/
Flow Dynamics 205-581-1200
Hydraulic Energy Products 800-800-3471
Fluid Power Equipment Co., 877-471-8999
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Mike, I'll check the Trans codes, this will be a new experience for me. And I did forget to mention that Both needles on air pressure gage are and stay around 120 or above.

Dan, Patsy & Pepper
Old 07-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
YC1

Just one more twist. If you have hydraulic jacks they might be low on fluid. Mine drives me crazy if it is a bit low. It seems to think the jacks are down.
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Dan, Robert T gave you the most likely answer. That pressure switch is known to fail and when it does it acts exactly like what you are describing. Easy fix. Also when it fails it is intermittent.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Dan...x3 on the brake switch is bad. Here is a way to check. Next time the alarm is sounding, stop, place in neutral and pull the parking brake on. Release the brake by pushing down quick and firm. Put it in gear and the alarm should have stopped.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #9

redryder, if your air gauge is reading up around 120, and you're getting an alarm it could be something else, probably jacks. Check fluid in the hydraulic jack reservoir if tests on the brake switch sensor turns out OK.
rpasetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure what brought this back to the top but Dan's last post was May 20. Sure hope he has not pulled his hair out by now and has it fixed.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thank you all for your inputs, I have installed a new switch but have not really tried it out yet. We have had illness and death, so these last few months have been pretty hectic.
so thank you all.

Dan

Dan, Patsy & Pepper
Old 08-21-2011, 11:25 PM   #12

Any special instructions for replacing the switch?
BigBirdLulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #13

Additional query: one reply mentioned a switch and a sensor - are they one and the same or separate parts?
BigBirdLulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
BigBirdLuLu........The sensor is an electric sensor attached to the bottom of the Parking Brake switch (pliunger you push to release parking brake). It screws into the switch and is a separate item. You can only get it from Monaco. Call them with your coach number and they'll send you one. About $50.00 shipped to your door.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote