Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Good question. I have a Tradewind w/cat 300 and can find nothing out there for Boost or EGT
wb7auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
You cannot 100% tell the difference between Dexron and Transysnd. I say that if you put used Transysnd in a open pan in the sunlight that it appears golden or honey color versus the red of Dexron but new Transynd is red. The other thing is to call Monaco tech and see when they started putting Transynd in their mhs. My 2004 came with Transynd and Allison started putting in Transynd ri and give them your VIN. It was right around 1999-2000. You cannot tell in an oil analysis either. Too bad that they didn't make Transynd some wild color like green or blue so we could all tell.

OK as far as coolant temps if I am in ambient temps of 100* or over it is very easy to get my coolant to 200-205 and if I climb steep hills without downshifting the alarm will go off at 212* and wake me up. That is still cool with a presurized system.
Monaco says it came with DEXIII, although with at least two previous owners who really knows. I plan on transynd this year and next year before I can go the longer intervals. I am hoping by next year to have a place set up to do this myself.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased my Pyro and boost gauge from Orange County Diesel in Huntington Beach, Ca. Check out their web site. I also purchased the necessary probes etc. You have to drill a hole just before the turbo to get the EGT reading. OCD has all the right stuff including 50' special cable to the Pyro etc. ONE of the BEST reads is MODE BUTTON (read #1 post). deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
rrs-ase-evt Ron I have one of the left over Cummins ISB 340 6.7L that doesn't use urea or recycle the exhaust gas back into the engine. I'm chipped with a MP-8 so I will be monitoring the EGT with the PYRO gauge along with a boost gauge. Now going up hills I will have something to do besides looking at the back of the truck in front of me. I just want to make sure the EGTs stay below 1300*. Getting to the destination is the part of the trip I really enjoy. Now going to the "gas" station is another story. deSanford
deSanford, I think I have the same engine in my 09 Cayman; what is a "MP-8" chip and where did you get it?
recaffey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allison