Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2022, 08:21 PM   #1

Aluminum Joint Cover - Exterior Fiberglass Panels

Hello.. I have a piece of trim that I accidentally bent badly.. it's a piece of aluminum that covers the joint between the rear "cap" fiberglass and the curbside rear wall panel. it is around an inch wide and is "L" shaped and has a extruded relief on the side opposite the "L" down leg. I just need about 6 inches of this aluminum extrusion..... but I cannot find it on the internet anywhere... does anyone know where I can get this piece?

Thank you in advance,
Lance
malcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2022, 12:19 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can you post a picture of what you are looking for? I have a number of pieces of trim stuff left over from previous repairs. I may have a piece that will work for you.
Richard
hex nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:39 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Pretty much any sheet metal shop could bend it back for you or make a new one.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:31 PM   #4

Here are three pictures..it is about 3/4 wide and has a longer leg on one side....yes it could be straightened it would likely not be flat and I want the repair to be invisible and the silicone seam straight...I cannot get pix to upload?
Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220509_172633.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	365009   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220509_172657.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	365010  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220509_172651.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	365011  
Old 05-09-2022, 06:56 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
In 2013 my wife side swiped a metal pole coming out of a filling station. Damaged the two part hinge system for the basements doors. I was able to get the pieces that fit to the door from Monaco but they did not have the piece that attached to the side of the motorhome.

I was able to get it from Visone RV, https://rvparts.visonerv.com/
They cut off a ~7' piece from the side of a motorhome, I live close enough that I went and picked up.

So you may contact them and see if they can help. I'd suggest replacing a longer piece. The cured portion above and below your picture are separate pieces, I'd go to that joint.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 06:01 PM   #6

Thank you for the suggestion... I had found them online, called them but have not heard back yet... but I will try again!

Tags
cover, fiberglass, panel