Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #15

Yes.... pulling all three GFI's and verifying that they are passing through is also a good idea.....
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
oscarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #16

Thanks guys, I left this morning unplug from shore power, everything is working on inverter except those aforementioned three plugs (by dash, in basement and fridge) coffee pot works microwave also. I will have sometime in the evening and I start testing. I was hoping that somebody that owns a unit like mine would chime in with the location of the 4 GFI if there is one. Will keep you posted
Ancabuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancabuild View Post
The one by the front says GFCI protected (only a sticker) the one on the right basement has a sticker also the one by the rear tv isn’t working either. The three GFCI mentioned, are actual GFCI outlets, I am testing with a meter they are set and working. There must be another one somewhere in the coach but I cant locate it. My inverter seems to be working properly.
There is a gif ojutlrt on the inverter
Old 03-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #18

Am I missing any?

Ojutrlt ???
Old 03-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #19

OK, master electrician, where's the decoder ring.

Based on the QWERTY decoder I think he said "There's a GFI on the inverter"

Which is something we already were suspecting.

Just trying to find it.

The idea above of pulling the three known ones and checking them for pass through is a good idea.
'20 RAM 3500, '20 Heartland Road Warrior 430 https://thecastle.blog/ Also: Eagle Cap 950 Before:'17 Berkshire 38A class A https://dragonship.blog/ '11 Heartland Cyclone TH, '11 Lance TC, '05 Keystone TT, '76 Coachmen class A and a '16 DIY Transit conversion........
Old 03-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #20

I have tested all three GFI'S down the line and when the GFI is triggered they go out. I know there is a tool that can track the wire from outlet to outlet, my idea is with that tool I can plug on the outlet that doesn't work by the dash and will get a signal on the outlet by the fridge if indeed the wire goes from the dash to the fridge or maybe the one by the basement.
I have the manual for this MH but it only says that it has gfi protection on anything that is 6 feet from a water source, no diagrams nothing.
I am on it now and will not quit until the problem is found. Inverter is producing 110 ac.
Any suggestions, please keep them coming and many thanks.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #21

Quote:
I have tested all three GFI'S down the line and when the GFI is triggered they go out. I know there is a tool that can track the wire from outlet to outlet, my idea is with that tool I can plug on the outlet that doesn't work by the dash and will get a signal on the outlet by the fridge if indeed the wire goes from the dash to the fridge or maybe the one by the basement.
I have the manual for this MH but it only says that it has gfi protection on anything that is 6 feet from a water source, no diagrams nothing.
I am on it now and will not quit until the problem is found. Inverter is producing 110 ac.
Any suggestions, please keep them coming and many thanks.
There you go. Tool you're talking about is at Home Depot.... you can also make sure ALL power is off, including the inverter, and use a multi meter in beeper/continuity mode with an additional 10 feet of wire....

Only question I have is... did you verify inverter is passing through 120V on BOTH those circuits? As in open the cover on the box and get a multi meter in there? It is possible that ONE of those breakers on the inverter is bad.

But yes..., your approach is correct. Start at a PROVEN working point and work your way down the line.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #22

Tracing the wiring is the hard part because typically you can't visually follow them.

Other possibilities: whichever GFCI is protecting the down stream outlets has either failed pass-through termination contact(s); the wire leaving it has come loose from the termination, or the connection has failed at the *first* outlet downstream of the controlling GFCI.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #23

Am I missing any?

Yes Oscarvan, I open the inverter and there is a block that says inverter in, I tested there, 110v. Then there is inverter out 1. and inverter out 2 put he meter in each and I have 110v. I have one GFCI directly above the basement outlet where there is no power. It is working, when I Tripp it it reads 110v only on one side, when I re-set it it reads 110 on top and bottom. Just to make sure, I removed The GFCI and wire the down line with wire nuts and... nothing happened on my three no power outlets
This is the craziest thing that I have encountered. Is not that I don’t know what I am doing, in my life I have done a bunch of wiring including 3 and 4 way switches, I had a construction and remodeling company most stuff in construction I have dealt with in my last 40 years, but I guess we all are gonna get stumped sometime. The ironic thing is that someone is going to come in and find the problem in 5 minutes by resetting something that I missed.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #24

I removed the access cover to my 110v panel and all breakers have 110 going in and going out so breakers are ok. I am on my way to HD to find the tool to trace wire.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:32 PM   #25

Quote:
I removed the access cover to my 110v panel and all breakers have 110 going in and going out so breakers are ok. I am on my way to HD to find the tool to trace wire.
Wow. Not sure what the range of the tool is.... you're going to have to follow the wires which can be a PITA..... At least you'll be able to find the beginning of the circuit and then try to chase it into the darkness.....
Old 03-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #26

Or I can grab some 12 ga romex and start running cable. Facepalm
Old 03-16-2019, 02:52 PM   #27

The aggravating thing is that I have owned this MH since 2016 and it worked fine until two weeks ago.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #28

I've had wires work their way loose out of outlets/connectors etc.