Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #1

I have a 2008 Ambassador and the entry door makes wind noise when going 50MPH or more. I have had it in to be fixed 2 times and each time a little better, but not fixed. Wind noise is excessive. Anyone ever have this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Poolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #2

I have a 2008 Ambassador and the entry door makes wind noise when going 50MPH or more. I have had it in to be fixed 2 times and each time a little better, but not fixed. Wind noise is excessive. Anyone ever have this problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Poolman...
Welcome to iRV2!! I am glad you have joined in the fun here at the forums!

What have they done previously to cut down on the wind noise? A few of us have had "wind Shields" placed along the door edge. I will find that thread that was sometime around Jan-Feb of this year so you can see photos.

In the meantime- I would love to add some "Monaco Karma" under your name...so if it is ok...just say "karma please" and I will get it done!

You will find everyone here very helpful and with lots of experience..so ask away to your heart's content!

Again...Welcome to iRV2 and hopefully the Monaco Forum...please visit & post often.

MM

PS.. I will find that thread soon for you...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Coincidentally.... I posted the photos towards the end of the thread on SacsTC birthday.
Here is the start of that topic...you will find a few photos throughout the 3 pages.

I hope this helps!

MM

Old 10-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
poolman -- Had the same problem on our 07 Camelot -- Put a long straight edge (I used a 6'aluminum level)inside the door frame -- Where the door latches -- That has to absolutly straight -- If not, you`ll get air noise -- Remove the inside trim piece from door & insulate -- Mine had a 1" gap on top - The o8`s may have a different door than ours, but still, the same fix should apply -- Good Luck, & keep us informed on your adventures -- Bill Willard
William Willard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Poolman;
I had a similar problem. I bought a 1/4" half-round soft rubber insulating tape (hollow center) - it has peel paper on the flat side and the flat side sticks to surface. I stuck this on the inside of the door framing as close to the outside door fitting as I could get.

This stopped the air noise and water leak.

I purchased it from a local Holiday Rambler dealership. It comes it a 100 foot roll and I had them cut a 20' strip for me. I think it was maybe $0.39 a foot, but it may have been less.

If you'll go to 'Photos' and scroll to page 135, look under 'Weather Stripping' and you'll see a picture I posted in April '08. It's not a very good picture, tho, but will give you a good idea.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Poolman...
Welcome to iRV2!! I am glad you have joined in the fun here at the forums!

What have they done previously to cut down on the wind noise? A few of us have had "wind Shields" placed along the door edge. I will find that thread that was sometime around Jan-Feb of this year so you can see photos.

In the meantime- I would love to add some "Monaco Karma" under your name...so if it is ok...just say "karma please" and I will get it done!

You will find everyone here very helpful and with lots of experience..so ask away to your heart's content!

Again...Welcome to iRV2 and hopefully the Monaco Forum...please visit & post often.

MM

PS.. I will find that thread soon for you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your help. I will be trying these ideas.

Sure, karma please.

Thank you
Old 10-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #8

Thanks for the ideas. I am taking the coach in tomorrow and will pass these ideas alone. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks Again,
Keith
Old 10-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You are welcome.. and you have your Karma!!
I can now officially welcome you to the Monaco Owners Forum!!

MM

Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolman View Post
did you ever get this fixed? If so, what did you do? We are having the same issue on our Newmar Mountainaire. Thanks for your response.
awichman is offline   Reply With Quote