Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Amish unit installed

Replacing cooling unit on Norcold 1200 with Ice Maker, 4 door version. Installation took over 3 hours. Fortunately had a repair service that came to my RV and did the work here, quite expensive. Would like to ask if anyone has or could provide a specific wire diagram for the icemaker water valve. Need to get the wiring straightened out for that and I'll be done. Need to know where the wires come from. I have looked every place I can think of. Since I had other people do the work, I do not know what got mixed up. The unit is working just not the ice maker. Ice maker and water valve are new and did work prior to the change. They are arranging to return to see what happened, just thought I could do it myself. BTW that norcold weighs 256 lbs!!!
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We just got back from Shipshewana, IN having the cooling unit replaced in our '05 DS. I have replaced the ice maker in our unit, but it was a couple of years ago.
I would look in the freezer compartment that has the ice maker and locate the wiring pig tail to the ice maker. It should be on the right side of the ice maker. Make sure it is connected.
Go outside to the refrigerator vent panel and open it up. There should be a small valve, probably blue in color, that has two opaque lines that are the water lines. One will have a plastic nut in it and the other will have a female fitting like a water hose. With water pressure on the coach, unscrew the small nut and see if you have water coming out under pressure. If you do, then you have water to the system. Then check the electrical connections from the valve that the water lines are connected to. Make sure they are connected. If my memory is correct, there should be two wires. If everything is hooked up, give the system time to respond. Make sure you have water pressure on the MH either from the city supply or from the onboard water pump. Open the faucets in the kitchen and bath to purge air from the system as air was introduced the the system when they disconnected the water line for the changeout.
Give those ideas a try and see if you can get some ice.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #3

What type cost involved in this upgrade not trying to highjack
smballou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:50 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had the cooling unit replaced, new fans, new heaters, installation fee, and taxes. It came to 1500+/-. Of course we had to get there which was a fantastic trip and we saw and learned a lot about that part of the country. JC Refrigeration is who we used at Shipshewana, IN.
Going up there for the work to be done, we were setting the refrigerator on 8 and barely getting in a safe range of 42+ or so. Coming back after the work, we were on 4, the temps were 36 in fridge and 8 in the freezer. Outside temps were about the same both directions.
I'm happy, wife is happy. Good decision to do the upgrade.
JC said the heaters in our old unit were on the verge of shutting down which would have made the unit useless.
Good luck.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smballou View Post
What type cost involved in this upgrade not trying to highjack
unit shipped to RV installer for 1285.00 Install took 3 people 2 at first and after a backminjury, a new one came out 748.00 labor
Old 10-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
KingRichard
Did you ever get the ice maker working?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:03 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
up date info on the labor charge, they came back explaining that was the show up charge and revised added 922.00, 2 men @ 125.00 per hour. Took toooo long, would have been better if they reviewed the video first. Not a lot of choice at this point. Happy with the operation of the new unit , not happy with the charges. I feel they double charged on dead time sitting around waiting for the third person to show to reinstall.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:04 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
yes, it works better than ever.

Tags
install, led