Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #1

Antenae

I have two antenae on top of my 2007 Monaco Knight 40 PDQ. One is about 8" tall, looks to have a black rubber coating, is mounted just aft of the front of the air horns on the driver side.
The other is also about 8" tall, made of wire, with about five twists or spirals in it about mid way up, mounted also just aft of the air horn front ends, but about center of the coach top.
What are they for?
Thanks in advance,
Lee
leeines is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Wire with twist is CB and rubber is Radio, I think! Even if you do not order with CB, most if not all come with antenna.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #3

can anyone verify these antenas?for sure?i have a 2008 hr neptune and wanted to put a cb in .how could i use that antenna? is there a factory harness of some sort .or do i buy a seperate antenna?

thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
gto19, Mr. Stewart is correct. The CB antenna connector will be under your dash somewhere. Sometimes they are a little hard to locate, but it will be there. Take a flashlight and start looking under the dash around the drivers area.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
gto19, Mr. Stewart is correct. The CB antenna connector will be under your dash somewhere. Sometimes they are a little hard to locate, but it will be there. Take a flashlight and start looking under the dash around the drivers area.

thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
You will find some photos of what you should be looking for in this thread by DigNBubbs... He is one of those guys who will document lots of stuff!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #7

Lee, Chances are good you will not be happy with the factory antenna. I wasn't and most people are not. Ended up buying a no round plane antenna and installing on the rear ladder. Yes, ran a lot of coax but works better and if I would mount it higher I am sure I would get even better range. By the way, found mine in the upper left corner under the dash by the fire wall.

Good luck

Ed
Ed S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The supplied ant. with all Monaco products have a transmit distance of about 8 feet. I was with a Navigator, Diplomat, Cayman and my Endeavor. WE had a very hard time staying in touch. Three of us got stuck at a stop light and I could not speak with the coach in front of me. Get a new ant. or a booster.
WeBeGone2 is offline   Reply With Quote