Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Antenna up Alarm

My Antenna Up Alarm has started flashing and beeping intermittently even though the antenna is not up.

This alarm will last for 20-30 minutes and finally the dash Antenna Up light will glow red for the rest of our trip.

I'm certain there is a short in the wiring somewhere, but I haven't a clue where to start looking.

Have any of you had a similar problem? How did you fix it?

Thanks,

Bud
2008 Monaco Diplomat SFT
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I would first look at the microswitch at the base of the antenna. When the antenna is lowered to its rest position it presses against the arm on the microswitch. It may need adjusting or has failed.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #3

I agree. Check out the switch on the antenna.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bud...On mine, the switch is a ball bearing switch. It's a small tube with a metal contact at one end. When the antenna is down, the ball bearing rolls toward the contact or away from the contact depending on how it's wired. Check this switch. It sits at an angle when the antenna is down. It may not be at enough of an angle anymore (worked loose or got bumped). It's mounted on the side of the antenna arm. Mine is blue and about an inch long.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Don.

I'm crawling on top of the motorhome tomorrow. I wondered if it was something under the dash, but this'll be easier to check out.

My gosh! it seems like every wire under the dash and behind the radio is white. What ever happened to color-coding! I like red being hot, brown being ground, and everything else being, well, everything else.

And I'm still saying, What's up with all of these white wires!
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Bud,
If you check those wires you will find that most have a black imprinted label on them, describing their function.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The wire going to the switch is the ground for the light/alarm. Mine is pinched somewhere along the run, made contact with the roof framing and stays on all of the time. The wire runs from the dash, up the drivers side pillar, across the roof structure to the antenna. Monaco says it will require running a new wire.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote