Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
Retired Senior Member

The cute little cartoon characters in that movie are misrepresented! I got up after our first night in the CoE park to find 4-lane thoroughfares along the outside of the coach. Nuked them and the next morning there were basic, 2-lane trails on the inside. Dayemn! Went to WallyWorld and picked up a sample of everything that had pictures of dead ants on it. They seemed to really like the Terro drops and they are either all having a big party inside the walls from their Terro-high or I have killed off a bunch of them.

I now spray the jacks, water line and cables every time we stop. Not sure if the infestation happened when we stopped that first time or if they had been establishing residence while the coach was parked in my driveway.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2007, 03:56 AM   #2
Retired Senior Member

The cute little cartoon characters in that movie are misrepresented! I got up after our first night in the CoE park to find 4-lane thoroughfares along the outside of the coach. Nuked them and the next morning there were basic, 2-lane trails on the inside. Dayemn! Went to WallyWorld and picked up a sample of everything that had pictures of dead ants on it. They seemed to really like the Terro drops and they are either all having a big party inside the walls from their Terro-high or I have killed off a bunch of them.

I now spray the jacks, water line and cables every time we stop. Not sure if the infestation happened when we stopped that first time or if they had been establishing residence while the coach was parked in my driveway.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:20 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
..... time for a new coach there, 'Bama? Best excuse ... I mean 'reason' .... I've heard in a long time. (come to think of it, ANY excuse is a good reason!)

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bama...
Sacs says ....Ronboc's right...
"if ya git rid of da coach - ya git rid of da Antz"

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Wait a minute....be careful with the "slaughter" of the cute little antz...I would hate to see the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Antz" picketing your MH!!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Retired Senior Member

Ahhhh, peer-group support.

Guess them antz are kinda like crab grass. Only way to git rid of it is to move!

I will put out some SevenDust for the pickets to snort.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:40 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
As a kid, we had a big garden and part of my chores was to water, hoe, rake, de-bug, etc it. I hated when Mom planted squash because it attracted those big 'squash-bugs' (I'm sure there's a technical name for them) and it seemed like no spray or dust would get rid of them.

My grandfather one day suggested a pair of pliers. Being a gullible kid, I ran and got 'em for him. He then showed me how to eliminate those bugs..... one at a time.

So, how much time you got on your hands there, fella?

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:42 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So, how much time you got on your hands there, fella? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ROFLMAO Oh My...Good one Ronboc!!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
Retired Senior Member

Well, I tried the pliers but the little buggers kept ducking in between the groves. So, I put my shrewd RocketScientistBrain (tm) to work and decided that tweezers would be just the tool. I currently have 27.5 manhours invested and the count is 6,437 antz-in-the-bag. Next time I think I'll just go with BugOut and spray them.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
HEY ...the next time you are gonna be THAT FUNNY ... put a warning at the beginning! I think I may have to make you come clean the wine off the wall next time!

Old 08-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #11
Retired Senior Member

LOL, trade you the "skeert-shorts" cleaning job for the wine-out cleaning job.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I'd guess a hammer would work as well, too...

Old 08-12-2007, 06:11 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
B]BE CAREFUL WITH THE ONES CRAWLING ON YUR HEAD!!!!![/B][
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LOL, trade you the "skeert-shorts" cleaning job for the wine-out cleaning job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bama...Careful...Now you have Sacs choking!