Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2016, 04:33 PM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
In the process of getting a 2003 HR-Scepter 40PBDD. Planing on picking it up sat..
jimmy braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I'm here!

relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I use high-idle whenever possible. Especially in traffic backups. Prevents cylinder wear!
DPF does its thing while underway.
My 09 Camelot has been grand!
Campdaven; that is great news. Thanks for the info on the DPF, I will do the same. Regards
Old 08-04-2016, 05:23 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy braden View Post
In the process of getting a 2003 HR-Scepter 40PBDD. Planing on picking it up sat..
That is Awesome, the 2004 Endeavor we had never gave us any trouble! Let us know how everything goes! Regards
Old 08-04-2016, 05:26 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
I'm here!

That's a beauty! Have you had good luck with it! I would of liked to have the 42' but it was about 6" longer than my garage.Regards
Old 08-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #20

Hi-idle works great when your stopped.

Doesn't work when traffic is crawling along at a snail's pace. Transmission won't go into drive at hi-idle !
Old 08-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvadventure View Post
That's a beauty! Have you had good luck with it! I would of liked to have the 42' but it was about 6" longer than my garage.Regards
Thanks! We bought it about 7 months ago from the original owner with only 15K miles on it. Mechanically it has been perfect, as you would expect. However, we have had to deal with several "house" issues. Most of those I am going to attribute to lack of use from the previous owner. They never used it like a typical RV. They only used it to get back and forth between their homes in AZ and Canada. So...we were the first ones to use the storage bays, the oven, washer dryer etc. I really couldn't believe it when we found it! It is as close to new as you could possibly get.

That said, all the little issues(mainly seals and fittings) in the coach have been dealt with and all seems perfect for now. We love it as it is a pretty big step up for us from our 2005 Coachmen Cross Country 370DS.
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #22

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvadventure View Post
That is Awesome, the 2004 Endeavor we had never gave us any trouble! Let us know how everything goes! Regards
When I checked it out monday of last week, it had an ABS light and there was a problem with operation of AC services. They could not get the slides to work on battery power and even when the gen set running, they would not go in. Also, the microwave would not work.

At the time, they thought it was just a fuse or breaker.

Heard back from them earlier this week and they said the ABS problem is fixed and the seller paid for it.

I asked today if all the other issues were identified/resolved and they said the inverter was found to be inoperative. And the batteries had to be replaced;

Again at the cost of the seller
So, all is lookin pretty good. Here is is at the dealership

Scepter 2003 40 PBDD

Seller put in new furn just a few months ago.. and its got 25K miles on an RR8Side radiator chassis.!!!

And I got it below bluebook, so, im feelign pretty good now...
Old 08-05-2016, 05:50 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy braden View Post
When I checked it out monday of last week, it had an ABS light and there was a problem with operation of AC services. They could not get the slides to work on battery power and even when the gen set running, they would not go in. Also, the microwave would not work.

At the time, they thought it was just a fuse or breaker.

Heard back from them earlier this week and they said the ABS problem is fixed and the seller paid for it.

I asked today if all the other issues were identified/resolved and they said the inverter was found to be inoperative. And the batteries had to be replaced;

Again at the cost of the seller
So, all is lookin pretty good. Here is is at the dealership

Scepter 2003 40 PBDD

Seller put in new furn just a few months ago.. and its got 25K miles on an RR8Side radiator chassis.!!!

And I got it below bluebook, so, im feelign pretty good now...
Jimmy; that is a real nice rig! It sure doesn't have many miles on it.You should get many more years of use wi it. Regards
Old 08-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #24

Texas Boomers Club
Welll, they called and said it wasn't quite ready for pickup sat. . so Im just gonna have to wait a bit longer. But all else is going as planned. They seem committed to getting it just about like new so im good with that.

Gonna put tires on before first trip and some suspension mods. And a list of eventual other things but I think this will work like a champ...

This is just about the EXACT machine and deal I have trying to pin down for about 2 years so if this works I will probably be dancing for a while..
:-)
Old 08-06-2016, 06:20 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 2003 Camelot 40' and love it! As others have said, there are comparable models in all of the HR, Monaco & Beaver lines.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #26

Any Monaco Camelot owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Hi-idle works great when your stopped.

Doesn't work when traffic is crawling along at a snail's pace. Transmission won't go into drive at hi-idle !
True that!
I stop, brake, neutral, hi idle. Let a few car lengths open, move, repeat. If on a slight downgrade, I let it coast.
WORKS!

Also hi idle at any other time it is sitting still, like for a quick sandwich at a rest stop.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco