Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #1779

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlluck View Post
We are contemplating purchasing a 2012 Vesta 32 with ~20k miles which will be our first MH. We plan to use it for weekend trips plus 1 or 2 week long cross-country vacations each year. We do not plan to live it full time.

On weekend trips, we will frequently tow an enclosed car trailer that weighs 5,300 lbs.

The dealership performs a delivery inspection but it does not include thorough engine/transmission. Do owners recommend we get an independent inspection as well?

What else should we "first timers" be aware of?

Thanks.
Check the tires for wear and CRACks on the sidewalks. Depending on where the coach was stored the tires can take a beaten from the sun. The thread could look real good but if there are CRACKs then the tires should be replaced. Also you might want to check with a Navistar (International) dealer to find out if the firmware is up to date. There was a recall about a couple years ago relating to emissions. I believe you can call a dealer and give them the VIN to find out the status of the recall / firmware.
We have over 40,000 miles on our Vesta and are very satisfied with it.
Best of Luck and maybe we'll see good down the road someday.
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #1780

No TV ect.

Was using microwave this evening stepped outside for a minute came back in and no power to microwave/ infection, both tv's, and I'm going to assume ice maker since it seems all these run through the inverter. We are hooked up to 50 amp shore power. Checked breakers and inverter/converter all seem ok. I turned off the inverter for the night. I tried to reset the, ac out but doesn't seem to be resetting. Anyone else run into this?
JLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #1781

There is a C/B on the inverter itself. Even if you are not actually using the inverter to create AC power, this circuit runs thru the box and the use of the microwave plus almost anything else will cause the breaker to trip.

Cheers,
Tom
wilco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:14 AM   #1782

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLittle View Post
Was using microwave this evening stepped outside for a minute came back in and no power to microwave/ infection, both tv's, and I'm going to assume ice maker since it seems all these run through the inverter. We are hooked up to 50 amp shore power. Checked breakers and inverter/converter all seem ok. I turned off the inverter for the night. I tried to reset the, ac out but doesn't seem to be resetting. Anyone else run into this?
I've had that issue where while on schore power (50amp) and when the TV is on and I then turn on the microwave it will blow out the inverters braker switch after only about 30 sec or so of using the microwave. I have learned to turn off the TV while using the microwave but many people have upgraded the inverter to a 2000watt replacing the existing 1200watt but I'm thinking I might changes out then LCD tv for an LED tv which uses a lot less watts, I may do both? The inverter braker is a very small whit push button switch on the bottom front of the magnum inverter, I believe it looks white when it off, took me me a while to find it and then figure out I have to puch it back in ....da
Old 07-20-2016, 12:02 PM   #1783

Quote:
In additional to the above suggestions you might have to reset two switches (12 volt circuit breakers) in the battery compartment. They are black with a yellow lever.
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #1784

JLittle
Look at the circuit breaker on the inverter which Is located in the ceiling of the forward electrical bay on the
Drivers side.
Hermbike
Hermbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #1785

Thanks for input seems like the little circuit breaker on the inverter will not reset, I'll take another look tomorrow. Got another problem also, water started working intermittently on AC, checked power going in, good at element, guess I need it pull out and check it. If I have resistance it should be good , if open then I should need to replace right?
Old 07-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #1786

Monaco Owners Club
K&N

Has anyone found a K&N filter replacement for the Vesta MaxForce 7 ? If so what is it's part number or ID? Where did you get it? Any other ideas on how to increase horse power?
Old 07-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #1787

At my wits end. Confirmed Issue is not with inverter. No breakers below pantry tripped. GFI in bathroom and kitchen are not tripped. But still no power at both TV's, Convection oven, DVD player, and Ice Maker. Am I missing a breaker somewhere?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:50 PM   #1788

Quote:
At my wits end. Confirmed Issue is not with inverter. No breakers below pantry tripped. GFI in bathroom and kitchen are not tripped. But still no power at both TV's, Convection oven, DVD player, and Ice Maker. Am I missing a breaker somewhere?

I'm a little confused. You said earlier that the breaker on the inverter wouldn't reset. Is that still the case? It is puzzling for sure that there is nothing wrong with the inverter but it won't reset.
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #1789

JLittle
Are you sure your resetting the small white breaker in the center of the inverter located on the ceiling of the electrical cabinet which is located behind the driver's side front wheel. I experienced the same problem your having and after flipping this breaker all appliances functioned properly.
Hermbike
Hermbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:38 AM   #1790

Quote:
When I had this problem, Monaco sent me a replacement 15 amp breaker for the inverter that should be installed in place of the 12 amp (the little white button that others refer to) that the coach came with. They said it should have been caught at the factory but wasn't. You have to disconnect the power to the inverter, open the case, swap the breaker, refit the case, and reconnect the power. It's an awkward repair because of the position of the inverter on the roof of the compartment, but when I did it I had no more problems with the appliances that are on the inverter circuit. You might check to see if your breaker is a 12 amp, it's printed right on the breaker itself (white button).
Henry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #1791

Inverter

When looking at the owner manual I thought it showed the little white button as a power switch and the other two little switches, AC in & AC out as the breakers. Right I have bypassed the inverter to make the five outlets hot again . I could not get anything to reset. I'm going to call Magnum Power again tomorrow. My inverter model is MM1212.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:04 PM   #1792

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry J View Post
When I had this problem, Monaco sent me a replacement 15 amp breaker for the inverter that should be installed in place of the 12 amp (the little white button that others refer to) that the coach came with. They said it should have been caught at the factory but wasn't. You have to disconnect the power to the inverter, open the case, swap the breaker, refit the case, and reconnect the power. It's an awkward repair because of the position of the inverter on the roof of the compartment, but when I did it I had no more problems with the appliances that are on the inverter circuit. You might check to see if your breaker is a 12 amp, it's printed right on the breaker itself (white button).
YES! That's what I need, I called Monaco but their parts dept does not have this 15 amp replacement part, in fact I can't find it anywhere? How long ago and what Monaco dept did you contact? I thought I'd have to upgrade to a 2000 watt but this 15amp braker hits the problem right on the head. Thanks

Tags
monaco