Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #3053

Vesta 32 interior modifications

We did things a little different keeping things more to the original style. Added a fireplace under the TV and removed the couch and moved the dining table back to allow for the sectional couch that was custom made from Villa using the same fabric as the original seating. Worked out great, watching TV is how it should be facing it with the ambience of the fireplace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71FC9C08-6361-47DB-8679-CF7300CC20C0.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	282976  
Gypsy Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2020, 06:27 PM   #3054

Vesta 32 modifications

Also added dishwasher in lower shelf of pantry along with led strip lighting when cabinet door is opened. Added washer dryer combo in mega compartment passenger side and central vacuum underneath refrigerator louvered compartment. Bidet toilet, power fresh water hose reel, 40 gallon extra water storage in center part of mega storage tied into existing fresh water system. So many missing creature comforts in this original coach design, now it keeps pace with the newer more expensive units. Probably will replace the carpeting in the front and rear soon. Please post your upgrades so we all can get additional ideas.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56133B24-80A7-4579-9C82-2E44C8AD51E7.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	282980   Click image for larger version

Name:	04B6B5AF-C845-4B56-BD4D-369DA899E66E.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	282981  

Name:	BD1540BC-7320-495F-9C1A-206826B3862D.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	327.2 KB
ID:	282982   Click image for larger version

Name:	76367FA6-C7E4-42E1-BFF4-C7B1C0B4FF9F.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	282983  

Old 04-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #3055

The fake chrome on the front of our coach is loosing it’s shine in places and turning black.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions.
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #3056

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Couple View Post
We did things a little different keeping things more to the original style. Added a fireplace under the TV and removed the couch and moved the dining table back to allow for the sectional couch that was custom made from Villa using the same fabric as the original seating. Worked out great, watching TV is how it should be facing it with the ambience of the fireplace.
Nice setup for watching TV. Can you still get to the rear of the coach with the slide in?
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:48 PM   #3057

Rodg495, the fireplace is flush with the wood trim so it’s exactly the same dimension as the TV and the couch sectional wing slides back inside the main couch when traveling. It looks factory installed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	283012  
Old 04-25-2020, 02:33 PM   #3058

Quote:
Rodg495, the fireplace is flush with the wood trim so it’s exactly the same dimension as the TV and the couch sectional wing slides back inside the main couch when traveling. It looks factory installed.
Who did your couch? We are getting ready to pull the couch and dinette and am intrigued by the additional space. I can do all the couch framing in my cabinet shop and have an upholsterer to do the leather but would need the leather selection and supplier.

We are putting vinyl planking throughout the coach with the dyno mat up front like Sylvesta did and cork on the rest of the flooring. Also putting sliding shelving in the pantry with a hidden panel in the back.

Looks good
dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #3059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvesta View Post
Attachment 281469

Attachment 281470

Attachment 281471

Attachment 281472

Attachment 281473

Attachment 281474

Here is a few pictures (thank you for the tips on how to attach!) of the vinyl plank flooring I installed in my Vesta. The carpet was removed easily and the most challenging part of the removal was the base plate for the seats. They are heavily glued down but with a little patience I was able to remove and reuse them. Once the carpet was removed and lots of staples I installed Dynamat sound proofing over the entire cockpit. This I thought was a one time opportunity and I am glad I did as it definitely reduced road noise. The flooring itself went down nicely and we could not be happier with the results.
I did the entire coach and will show more pictures of the process. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all of your knowledge.

Gregg
Gregg, what vinyl planking did you install. We are looking at Fresh Oak, Rustic Maple, and vintage oak. maybe a couple others but trying to stay away from the orange hues so maple may be out
dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:41 PM   #3060

Monaco Owners Club
Dave, that is a really sweet cozy setup. I'm green with envy.
Rodg
Old 04-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #3061

Quote:
Also added dishwasher in lower shelf of pantry along with led strip lighting when cabinet door is opened. Added washer dryer combo in mega compartment passenger side and central vacuum underneath refrigerator louvered compartment. Bidet toilet, power fresh water hose reel, 40 gallon extra water storage in center part of mega storage tied into existing fresh water system. So many missing creature comforts in this original coach design, now it keeps pace with the newer more expensive units. Probably will replace the carpeting in the front and rear soon. Please post your upgrades so we all can get additional ideas.

Dave
On the H2O front...how did you plumb it...is it connected to the main tank so its 'seamless' plug & play, or does it have a separate pump or switchover valve?
HippieDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:59 PM   #3062

Quote:

Looks very cool, and functional too!
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #3063

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJDion View Post
The fake chrome on the front of our coach is loosing it’s shine in places and turning black.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions.
My guess is that the Diamond Shield film they put on it at the factory is degrading. It can be removed but it's a "labor of love", if you do it yourself! Just look up Diamond Shield Removal on-line to get more info. Hope this helps you.
Casbah35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:56 AM   #3064

Vinyl Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1959 View Post
Gregg, what vinyl planking did you install. We are looking at Fresh Oak, Rustic Maple, and vintage oak. maybe a couple others but trying to stay away from the orange hues so maple may be out
Hi,

You will be very happy with the vinyl plank flooring. We used Big Sur Cypress. After looking at many of the 4x4” samples (including Fresh Oak) we decided to buy single boxes of each that we were considering. This was hugely helpful as laying out a few full-size pieces really gave us the idea of what it would look like. Also there is no problem returning the boxes back to Home Depot... Fresh Oak we found to have an orange hue once it was laid out in the Vesta. I also think that the yellowish gold color of the wallpaper combined with the tinted windows plays with the colors inside. Painting our walls helped tremendously with this.
The accessory pieces for the flooring were great as well. Trimming out the steps and the edge of the slide worked out perfectly.
Best of luck with it all!

Gregg
Sylvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:11 AM   #3065

Quote:
This looks great! Nice job and very creative.. What type of fireplace did you use? Is there a large power draw for it?
Great use of space in the large pantry closet as well. I will be adding pullout shelving and custom organizers to maximize the space. The dishwasher is a great idea as well. Overall very nice improvements.

Gregg
Sylvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #3066

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah35 View Post
My guess is that the Diamond Shield film they put on it at the factory is degrading. It can be removed but it's a "labor of love", if you do it yourself! Just look up Diamond Shield Removal on-line to get more info. Hope this helps you.
I think he was talking about the chrome front grille not the paint. Diamond shield is a coating on the paint to protect it from rock chips and sand.

The chrome plated plastic is a problem to restore. You might find a refinisher that can do it. Try a google search for that. There is a spray finish by Krylon that can be purchased from the hardware store but I have not tried it.

Tags
monaco