Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2020, 01:10 PM   #3109

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We also travel in Calif. and tow a jeep. One of the steepest hills in our area is the Cuesta grade just north of San Luis Obispo (8%). We get down to 35 near the summit and are passing trucks. We do OK up north of Bakersfield on 58 at Tehachapi also usually down to 40 mph at the slowest. We seem to do better climbing hills than we did with our H/R gas Admiral ( 33 ft ) with less noise. The gasser made a lot of noise with the engine fan.

I like the cruising and with 660 ft/lbs of torque it rarely shifts down unless climbing hills. We weigh in at 22,500.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #3110

keyless entry locks?

After hearing reports of the 'pot metal' locks on RVs breaking and locking folks in or out, I've been thinking about going with a quality keyless system....
Anyone have experience with any of these products to share that fit the Vesta?
HippieDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #3111

We decided it’s time to sell our Vesta and listed it on RVTRADER
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #3112

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieDave View Post
After hearing reports of the 'pot metal' locks on RVs breaking and locking folks in or out, I've been thinking about going with a quality keyless system....

We have RVlock on our 2012 Vesta. I posted a couple of years ago about my adventure's with the 'pot metal' locks. First one (original to us) busted while I was outside the motorhome. As you know its the only way in. Took me all afternoon with a drill and dremel tool to get it open (mostly cause I had no clue where to drill). I had another lock in stock that I was going to install in our previous RV so I slapped that in and off we went.

I posted here about how to get into the Vesta if the lock failed and someone suggested leaving the driver's window unlatched. Good thing I did that because the new 'pot metal' lock failed in 6 months. I managed to get through the window, but it wasn't pretty. (we were also at our home base).

Got the RVlock Keyless lock. I had to widen the hole in the door to install it, but not too much. Love the fact we can just walk away without a key. The whole family knows the code so it's easy. They swear the metal latch is high quality and so far (about 1 1/2 years) its worked flawlessly. We don't use the fob much but its worked well on a couple of trial runs.

I still leave the drivers window unlatched when possible just in case
Blueslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLou View Post
Greetings all. I recently purchased a 2012 HR Trip 35PBD. Looking forward to hitting the road in August (when I return stateside from Guantanamo Bay Cuba). I love how the coach has the "retro" 50s look (what I call it). Hope to see some of you with a like coach out on the road.

safe Travels all!
I was in Gitmo from 59 to 62... Loved the pebble beaches
dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #3114

Keyless entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieDave View Post

HippieDave, we use this key/keyless system from Bauer Products going on 4 years. No drilling as it fits the existing door holes and it only requires a screwdriver for installation. Simple programming and AA batteries for easy replacement. I use the keyless option as primary entry/exit and have the physical key stashed in a hide-a-key box outside just in case the batteries fail or a electrical/mechanical issue with the lock. I’d recommend this lock as a replacement to the stock door lock setup. I did have an issue with the lock not locking via keypad and only able to lock with the key so I emailed them and they sent out a new replacement lock assembly at no charge about a year after I installed it so warranty was great.

https://bauerproducts.com/product/bauer-em-alsentis/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC7931F0-FF77-4155-B05B-5B679276D054.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	292956  
Gypsy Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:34 AM   #3115

keyless entry locks?

Thanks! I'll look at that.
HippieDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:40 AM   #3116

Monaco Owners Club
Power Station for Boondocking -- FYI

Hi Vesta friends,
It has been months since we posted about the preproduction purchase of 2 ECOFLOW DELTA 1300 power station generators. Although we use them individually they can be chained and are a great asset. Our microwave, electric skillet, coffee pot and many other small appliances can be powered by the power station. ECOFLOW calls it a generator but I am not sure what the correct term is for the device. The Delta 1300s can be recharged by solar, using a 12 volt plug into your dash or using a 110 outlet. Solar is pretty slow so we have not really pursued it but we did purchase the 110W portable panels and 60W portable panel kit.

We purchased the Deltas for boon docking and they are incredibly useful but they were pricey. We are able to plug into an outdoor outlet at a relatives house and use 1 ac unit as long as we set the refrigerator to the propane setting. Our most recent experiment was to chain the 2 Deltas together and plug the vesta 50 amp cord into the devices using a 110 adapter. . The internal motorhome outlets and appliances run fine until you attempt to run one of the AC units. So we still cannot run the AC without the diesel generator when boon docking. However, we could put the Deltas in the power storage area and have them secure if we wanted to use them at night powering the RV without running the AC.

We also have an ECOFLOW River 500 watt power station that we purchased a year ago and used for fans and TVs before we purchase the Deltas. The 500 is great for computers as well and using solar to recharge it is more practical than trying to charge the Delta..

Now Eco Flow has a new power device series called the R600. We purchased a preproduction All in One package which included 2 versions of the R600, a 1500 watt battery and an assortment of cables and devices that should arrive in late September.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #3117

Monaco Owners Club
Moved leveling control pad to dash area

I finally moved the leveling control panel from the factory location above the entrance door to a more useful spot near the driver, imagine that.
The cabling is just long enough to pull down the 'A' pillar and across the dash to the left of the steering wheel. This makes it very handy to read it for leveling and to set the 'Travel' mode without getting out of the driver's seat. Love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71B80BE3-A556-4A4E-8486-3C08FA6EE414.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	293972   Click image for larger version

Name:	0FF77AE6-1060-468D-A66D-F5E3E5CF849E.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	293973  

Old 07-20-2020, 10:31 PM   #3118

That’s pretty sweet! Did you make a wood bracket to mount the leveling controller to? Looks almost factory installed.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #3119

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Couple View Post
That’s pretty sweet! Did you make a wood bracket to mount the leveling controller to? Looks almost factory installed.
I found a wooden trinket box at a thrift shop. Cut the bottom out to the size of the panel then shaped the sides to contour to the dash. Mounted with L brackets.
Yea, looks factory. Really handy in that location.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #3120

Oil Change Reset Sequence that works on my 2012 Vesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg495 View Post
Again: Oil change reset .
I've been trying to reset the 'change engine oil" message using the key on, cruise on, cruise off, cruise on - 4 quick 'resume' then hold on the 5th. Done this ten times, still no reset. I did not have this problem on my last oil change.

One other method leaves out the cruise on, cruise off. You only turn the cruise to on, then do the 4 + one hold on the resume. Tried that several times, no luck.

Does anyone have input on this ? Will I need to buy a CAN reader to reset this thing now?
The following procedure works on my 2012 Vesta, hopefully it will on yours!!
In preparation for performing the Change Oil Service Interval procedure, please do the following:

1. Read and thoroughly understand each step of the procedure. The time frame on the procedure is short enough that an operator will not be able to perform the steps of the of the procedure while reading through the instructions. You must be able to perform the steps of the procedure from memory without referencing the directions. A few "dry runs" may be needed to make sure all of the steps are understood and can be performed within the allotted time.

2. Make sure the parking brake is set.

3. Make sure the ignition key has been "OFF" for a minimum of 10 seconds prior to starting the procedure.

Procedure for resetting the Change Oil Service Interval:

1. Turn the ignition key on without starting the engine.

2. Immediately after the bulb check "lights up", turn cruise control "on" by depressing cruise on/off button (Cruise control icon should light up). Do Not Wait For The Bulb Check To Complete!!

3. Depress and release the Resume button four (4) times and then on the fifth time depress and hold the Resume button for 6 seconds.

4. The green service light should turn off and the change oil message should cease.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ENTIRE RESET PROCEDURE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 20 SECONDS OF TURNING THE IGNITION KEY ON.

Hope this helps you guys!
One other thing I have run into was that it won't reset until the engine is cool.
Casbah35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #3121

Wishing All The Best

To all the Vesta and Trip Owners out there, I have enjoyed the forum but we have sold our 2012 Vesta 35PBD. We thoroughly enjoyed the 5 years we had the rig and traveling several months of each year. Had a lot of Great times and met so many nice people. It's certainly a good reminder that there are a LOT of really good people out there!!
Wish you all the Best and may your travels be Safe and your Company be Warm!
Casbah35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:21 AM   #3122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casbah35 View Post
The following procedure works on my 2012 Vesta, hopefully it will on yours!!
In preparation for performing the Change Oil Service Interval procedure, please do the following:

1. Read and thoroughly understand each step of the procedure. The time frame on the procedure is short enough that an operator will not be able to perform the steps of the of the procedure while reading through the instructions. You must be able to perform the steps of the procedure from memory without referencing the directions. A few "dry runs" may be needed to make sure all of the steps are understood and can be performed within the allotted time.

2. Make sure the parking brake is set.

3. Make sure the ignition key has been "OFF" for a minimum of 10 seconds prior to starting the procedure.

Procedure for resetting the Change Oil Service Interval:

1. Turn the ignition key on without starting the engine.

2. Immediately after the bulb check "lights up", turn cruise control "on" by depressing cruise on/off button (Cruise control icon should light up). Do Not Wait For The Bulb Check To Complete!!

3. Depress and release the Resume button four (4) times and then on the fifth time depress and hold the Resume button for 6 seconds.

4. The green service light should turn off and the change oil message should cease.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: THE ENTIRE RESET PROCEDURE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 20 SECONDS OF TURNING THE IGNITION KEY ON.

Hope this helps you guys!
One other thing I have run into was that it won't reset until the engine is cool.
Maybe your having an issue with the cruise control buttons or computer that’s causing you not to be able to reset. I’d confirm that the cruise control is working correctly and the buttons are functioning properly if you haven’t already.

I had my engine programming updated years ago and afterwards the cruise control didn’t function. The change oil message appeared Sometime afterwards and I wasn’t able to reset it do to this issue. Had to spend several days at westrux having them rebuild the programming. Once that was corrected and the cruise control functioned properly I was able to reset.

Tags
monaco