Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 07:39 AM   #3151

slide out problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1959 View Post
Thanks for the roller tip. We will definitely try and go that adjustment route before dealing with the front motor assembly on the slide. My fear is that the two or three pops I heard when the bottom of the slide caught one of the ceramic tiles made the gear jump on the track. Roller adjustment is an easy fix so we will hope that will solve the issue.
hey david, sounds like one of my past problems. the pop noise is the gear has jumped and stripping out. the gear is bronze material and soft. you can see it from outside if you pull back the weather strip. i ignored the pop noise two or three times and then the big thing happened, the v-roller under the gear rack broke off the block. the cause is the under roller contact to the bottom. my slide rollers under ate a deep grove in the fiberglass in the closed position. the rollers are not adjustable, they just bolt to floor with the torx drive drywall screws. to shim roller slide has to come out so i put stainless plates between rollers and slide on all the rollers. now that was after i had to replace the racks, blocks and gears. the blocks with the gears have to move in and out to compensate for the contour of the slide but cannot move up and down, the v-roller will break off from the weight of the slide. the people at Lippert Components were very helpful. you can buy the parts or the whole column but the motor comes with the column for about 800.00. i went the parts route cause i just changed the motor before the v-roller broke. there is a build number on the column and they told me it was custom built, can't just send you one! the video was helpful. let me know if i can help, mark
MARKROMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #3152

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tubo tubes again...

He Mark, I tried to buy some of the parts to repair the turbo boost situation when it hits me. I found a local International dealer and he found the Rt. Hose ( # 2510850c91 ) but could not find the following two tubes:

# 1886507c91 # 1886508c91

Do you have other part numbers ? Are these correct? Will I need the engine serial number as you suggested in another post to get the 'engine package'?

Rodg
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #3153

Part numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodg495 View Post
He Mark, I tried to buy some of the parts to repair the turbo boost situation when it hits me. I found a local International dealer and he found the Rt. Hose ( # 2510850c91 ) but could not find the following two tubes:

# 1886507c91 # 1886508c91

Do you have other part numbers ? Are these correct? Will I need the engine serial number as you suggested in another post to get the 'engine package'?

Rodg
MUST HAVE BEEN TYPO'S ON MY END.....solenoid valve=62094130008, tube=2510850c91, tube=1886507c1, tube=1886508c1, actuator=1889585c1. the actuator is $500.00, i had to go back and replace when i pulled it to drain water from it and the water was rusty and black so i changed it. note....easier to do this job if you remove the big turbo which takes all of 30 mins and every thing is right there, no skinny guy needed! no 9 in the part number on those. seems like a parts guy would have figured that one out but i know if the computer can't do it for him he is lost. i do auto repair and deal with alot of this....no brain usage parts guys. years ago a parts guy was an older guy that used to do repair so he knows parts. ya'll know the story, ain't what it used to be!
MARKROMERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:13 AM   #3154

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Gypsy Couple,
We have not had any tire issues lately but we usually take long trips in the summer and purchased a tire temperature "gun" gauge to help monitor the tire temperature on the road when we have long mileage days.
yaakbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #3155

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
This tripped when we were on shore power but the inverter tripped. It seems that it is becoming more frequent and replacing the inverter is my first option, but wanted to see if anyone else had issues. We only use the micro, the bedroom tv, and now the mini freezer when inverting and we replaced the house batteries a few months ago.
I have an Eco Flow 1800 watt Delta 1300 that will run the microwave or other small appliances that pull less than 1800 watts when we are not using the generator. I had an outlet placed under the microwave cabinet so that I can plug it in when needed. I did not like having the microwave pull power constantly. It is also possible to unplug the living room tv and use the power station. We had to rework the cover behind the bedroom tv and add a piano hinge so that we can run that tv on a battery station.

Eco Flow has a new battery station about to be released that is much less expensive than the Delta but it does not have all the features of the Delta. We preordered the Deltas before production and saved about 50% at the time. We have also preordered the new less expensive Eco Flow devices on Kickstarter and can report on them when they arrive. Our extended family has hunters, fisherman, multiple boats, a shared primitive fishing cabin and rvs so we try to stay ahead of the power situation for the younger generations. We are great grand parents now.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #3156

Entry step ball joint assembly

So came out of the coach and a broken bolt with the nut on it is on the step. REV site says the part is obsolete and unavailable and looking to see if anyone has encountered this problem and found a replacement part.

Part number is S21604127
Ball joint sub assembly

Picture shows the part and the broken ball joint stud.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_125023.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	301566   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_125209.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	301567  

dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #3157

Parts list

Here is the entry step parts list they gave me.

Getting schematics and information out of them depends on who you get on the phone. Some are willing to help and some could not be bothered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_2020-09-16_14-12-00[26806].png
Views:	48
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	301572  
Old 09-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #3158

Call lipper the company that made them there is a recall. I got mine fixed
Aerotarrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #3159

Monaco Owners Club
Lipper step recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotarrant View Post
Call lipper the company that made them there is a recall. I got mine fixed
Does the recall include the 2012 Vestas? I have a 35pbd and it just developed some issues with the step trying to retract after after it first extends. Currently, it stops after a couple of tries but it is pretty frequent. We had it checked by our mechanic but he couldn't adjust it. So far it does not feel loose but we are elderly and concerned.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:45 AM   #3160

Yaakbilly, That sound more like an electrical issue. I had a broken component and my step would not retract correctly. Check the sensor that shows it is extended. The door sensor can be an issue as well.
msmith9744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:30 PM   #3161

Awnings

Well working on the awning is going to be expensive. I made the mistake of firing up the generator before killing the shore power and the awning stopped working. (no power past the control box) I tested the power to the control module and we have 120 coming in but nothing coming out.

Anyone have issues or recommendations for this issue? I do not want to just start buying expensive parts not knowing which one it could be. I may take out the module and take it to an electronics guy to see if it can be trouble shot.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #3162

Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaakbilly View Post
Does the recall include the 2012 Vestas? I have a 35pbd and it just developed some issues with the step trying to retract after after it first extends. Currently, it stops after a couple of tries but it is pretty frequent. We had it checked by our mechanic but he couldn't adjust it. So far it does not feel loose but we are elderly and concerned.
The name mfg on step is what lipper inc. will ask for ,year model is not what they want.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #3163

Question Awing

Quote:
Well working on the awning is going to be expensive. I made the mistake of firing up the generator before killing the shore power and the awning stopped working. (no power past the control box) I tested the power to the control module and we have 120 coming in but nothing coming out.

Anyone have issues or recommendations for this issue? I do not want to just start buying expensive parts not knowing which one it could be. I may take out the module and take it to an electronics guy to see if it can be trouble shot.
If you find out anything on repairing the electric part of the awing let me know can’t get mine working either
Old 09-29-2020, 01:01 AM   #3164

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith9744 View Post
Yaakbilly, That sound more like an electrical issue. I had a broken component and my step would not retract correctly. Check the sensor that shows it is extended. The door sensor can be an issue as well.
I will have it checked and will also look to see if it is a lipper step. We are leaving for a trip this week but have access to good mechanics at home and at our destination.

Tags
monaco