Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaDave View Post
Good luck, I know that several Vesta owners have expressed their concern about the fresh air issue. Hopefully, they will step up and fix the vent so you can enjoy fresh cool air on a pleasant day. Let us know how it turns out.
I was at my dealer this week to have a couple of end of first year issues attended to. I mentioned problem with fresh air vent. The tech working on it and talked to a tech at Monaco and he was told the coach needed a cold air kit. When he talked to parts they didn't know what he was talking about. He was going to get back with Monaco to see what the deal is. I have not heard back on it, but the service manager seemed confident if there is a fix available my coach will get it since it was reported during first year of service. When I get a response I will post on the forum. At end of first year this is the only outstanding issue. Just completed a 2 week trip and we find the coach quite comfortable for that duration. Drive train is flawless. I'd like the horsepower and engine brake of the 2012, but I'm sure that would be an expensive upgrade to a 2012.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpco
I was at my dealer this week to have a couple of end of first year issues attended to. I mentioned problem with fresh air vent. The tech working on it and talked to a tech at Monaco and he was told the coach needed a cold air kit. When he talked to parts they didn't know what he was talking about. He was going to get back with Monaco to see what the deal is. I have not heard back on it, but the service manager seemed confident if there is a fix available my coach will get it since it was reported during first year of service. When I get a response I will post on the forum. At end of first year this is the only outstanding issue. Just completed a 2 week trip and we find the coach quite comfortable for that duration. Drive train is flawless. I'd like the horsepower and engine brake of the 2012, but I'm sure that would be an expensive upgrade to a 2012.
Sounds like some progress. Let us know how it turns out. Got to think you are on the right track when they have a name for what you need. A cold air kit!!!
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #73

Mini Power Control System does not shed appliances when running the generator.
It assumes that you have enough power when running the generator.
If you go above 30amps the circuit breaker on the generator will trip and you
will have to go outside and reset it.
I determined how to make it shed appliances (REFER and Hot Water) as is done
when connected to 30amp Shore power.
Remove the Display Panel and locate the green wire.
This wire contains 12 volts when the generator is running and puts the Mini PCS in
Generator mode.
Cut this wire and cap each end.
Now the Mini PCS will function as outlined under OPERATION: 30-amp service and
shed appliances as needed.
JamesJDion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJDion
Mini Power Control System does not shed appliances when running the generator.
It assumes that you have enough power when running the generator.
If you go above 30amps the circuit breaker on the generator will trip and you
will have to go outside and reset it.
I determined how to make it shed appliances (REFER and Hot Water) as is done
when connected to 30amp Shore power.
Remove the Display Panel and locate the green wire.
This wire contains 12 volts when the generator is running and puts the Mini PCS in
Generator mode.
Cut this wire and cap each end.
Now the Mini PCS will function as outlined under OPERATION: 30-amp service and
shed appliances as needed.
Im confused by your post. You should be able to run everything @ 50 amps via the gen. without difficulty. I've run everything often with the Vesta gen. (2 AC s refer etc.) and not tripped a circuit breaker. It's my understanding that the system sheds appliances when the power demand exceeds the supply. Am I wrong? If you need to shed appliances while using the gen. you might have a different problem.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
I too have run everything with the gen with no problem. Only time I've tripped gen breaker is when I forgot to turn off acs while starting the gen. My inverter will only run 1 tv when running the microwave though. But I can live with that.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #76

I have a 6K generator and it has a 30 amp circuit breaker on it.
If I have the TV on, the hot water on electric, the refrigerator on electric and I run another appliance that boost the amperage over 30 amps the circuit breaker on the generator would trip.

With the change that I made to the Mini PCS the refrig and the hot water will get
shredded off until the amperage decrease to under 30 amps. Therefore the circuit
breaker on the generator will not trip..

2012 Vesta
Jim Dion
Old 10-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #77

Quote:
I have a 6K generator and it has a 30 amp circuit breaker on it.
If I have the TV on, the hot water on electric, the refrigerator on electric and I run another appliance that boost the amperage over 30 amps the circuit breaker on the generator would trip.

With the change that I made to the Mini PCS the refrig and the hot water will get
shredded off until the amperage decrease to under 30 amps. Therefore the circuit
breaker on the generator will not trip..

2012 Vesta
Jim Dion
Ok Jim, I understand what you are saying but I got to tell you I've never had this issue. That being said, if I'm using the gen. for power I'm probably running the hot water off propane or I have it shut off. Otherwise I'm running the tv both AC s and the micro without issue. As far as I know a 30 amp circuit would not support operation of 2 AC s. so I'm still thinking you have something else going on with your unit.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #78

Do you have a 6K Genrerator?
Does your generator have a 30 amp breaker on it?
I don't understand how you can run so much via your generator and not trip
the circuit breaker on the generator.
Jim Dion
2012 Vesta
2012 Ford Fiesta
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #79

Quote:
Do you have a 6K Genrerator?
Does your generator have a 30 amp breaker on it?
I don't understand how you can run so much via your generator and not trip
the circuit breaker on the generator.
Jim Dion
2012 Vesta
2012 Ford Fiesta
I'm pretty sure we have the same generator. So far you seem to be the only owner that is experiencing this issue. Again, the only thing that I have not tried to do is run the water heater off elect. while 2 AC s are humming away. You might want to use propane instead, and besides it heats faster with gas.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #80

Cold air kit

Replied to an email notification that there had been a reply to my last question and now I have found out that email does not post to site. I am actually at service center in Wakarusa, IN and brought up the cold air fix. They have a technician that is coming in from OR and they are doing the fix on my 2012 35' Vesta. I was still in warranty when I made my appointment for some other things so I think it will be done for no cost!!! I came about my front slide which I have complained about not fitting tight at the bottom since I purchased it. Lazydays "serviced" it in May and tightened up the cables. Well, it started delaminating and when tech and I examined closely, the body of the coach is cracking from the right angle of the bottom right corner. They are going to have to do body work basically because Lazydays messed up the "fix". I was told that Lazydays did poor quality work on a regular basis. Two things I have learned . Yes, they are fixing the cold air problem and don't have Lazydays work on your coach. I can share more later. People here seem great!!!!!
Delacroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix
Replied to an email notification that there had been a reply to my last question and now I have found out that email does not post to site. I am actually at service center in Wakarusa, IN and brought up the cold air fix. They have a technician that is coming in from OR and they are doing the fix on my 2012 35' Vesta. I was still in warranty when I made my appointment for some other things so I think it will be done for no cost!!! I came about my front slide which I have complained about not fitting tight at the bottom since I purchased it. Lazydays "serviced" it in May and tightened up the cables. Well, it started delaminating and when tech and I examined closely, the body of the coach is cracking from the right angle of the bottom right corner. They are going to have to do body work basically because Lazydays messed up the "fix". I was told that Lazydays did poor quality work on a regular basis. Two things I have learned . Yes, they are fixing the cold air problem and don't have Lazydays work on your coach. I can share more later. People here seem great!!!!!
That's real good news about the air fix. You will love it. Please post pics of their modification as I'm sure we would all like to see what the factory has come up with.
Sorry to hear that your slide is messed up. Hope you will get it fixed right.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
While you are there can you take a factory tour and let us know what Navistar is building? Are they still building Vesta's? Are they still using the Max Force engines? deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
While you are there can you take a factory tour and let us know what Navistar is building? Are they still building Vesta's? Are they still using the Max Force engines? deSanford
I think you'll find that there going to continue to use the MaxxForce engines since the 7 and 10 are EPA compliant. Can't see them changing anytime soon.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #84

At the factory and old air fix

I ended up leaving my coach and coming home. Slide is a larger repair than the amount of time I allowed to be able to stay. I do not know if the cold air fix has been done but will post after I go back to get my coach. It will be about a month before I go back. As for if they are still making the Vesta, I did not sty long enough to o factory tour. Guys in the service department told me they were selling them as fast as they could make them. A lot to people like me that want to down size but still have a nice diesel coach. I must say that in the future if I have service work that is the least involved, I will take it to them. Nine hour drive for me but their reaction to what dealer in FL. Had done to my slide, I could tell they thought FL did poor work on most things. I was very pleased with the way I was treated. I'll post again when I get my coach back and if I have time I plan to do the factory tour.
Delacroix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco