Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2023, 09:36 AM   #3823

Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaSmiths View Post
I got a quote from Danny's Auto Glass in Newport News, VA last fall. The quote was higher than we wanted to pay at the time (it was close to $6K, if I remember correctly). The company is a good one. We have used them to replace windows in our house and they were fast, efficient and clean and very reasonable for home windows. Good luck!
https://www.dannysglass.com/
Where do you live? Peggy and I are in Virginia Beach.
dpj1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2023, 12:26 PM   #3824

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbrit View Post
Hi Folks, I was wondering if anyone has seen SPN4227 FMI 31 DTC triangle code being thrown by their Maxxforce 7?

Ive researched it and it's a nag reminder for the oil breather filter service interval. Thing is my 2012 motor already has the non-serviceable crankcase breather fitted (evidence by it has the bar code visible). But im still getting these DTCs quite often. It feels like I get them once every 3 or 6 months, hard to tell as it's not driven very often. This last trip from So Cal up to Humboldt county, I got bombarded by these repeated triangles and SPN4277 codes every few minutes. Freaked me out a bit as it kept repeating, I would stop and pull the code on the diagnostics display. Same code. As far as I can tell it's totally benign and just a nag, but it cant be stopped or muted apparently. After a while, it just stopped doing it.

The real fix ive read up on is to take it to an International service place and have them fix it with a code reader/flasher. Which is a bit intimidating to be honest, especially after reading the whole saga about the Vesta owner who's truck service place updated the ecm firmware and properly messed up the exhaust brake and all sorts of issues due to not saving the overlay settings before flashing.

I did find the below procedure to reset the "nag", but its not clear if its working, I may be getting the cadence of the button pushes wrong somehow. Possibly it is working and as it says, it only resets it until the next time, who knows how long.

Reset the Service Breather Element Message (change breather element) per the following procedure:
1. If not already done, set the parking brake. (Required for the correct Electronic System Controller [ESC] signal)
2. Turn ignition switch to ON.
3. Turn CRUISE ON.
4. Turn CRUISE OFF.
5. Turn CRUISE ON.
6. Very rapidly push the SET / CRUISE switch four times and then hold down on the fifth time for 4 seconds.
7. The operation from the time the cruise is turned ON for the second time to the fifth activation of the SET / CRUISE switch must take place within 6 seconds. If you fail to reset the message, repeat the process.
8. The Change Breather Element message should clear and reset for the next service interval.

Any ideas or experiences to share? Am I the only vesta owner with this issue? if so one wonders why.

TIA
You might try by-passing step 4 and 5. I tried many many many times to clear my "change oil" notice using that process. Only after deleting step 4 and 5 was I successful.
Note: When you turn ON the ignition IMMEDIATELY turn ON the cruise, do not wait for the 'bulb (display) check' period .

So I did this:

Set parking brake ( pull out on air knob )
Turn ON ignition -- immediately Turn ON cruise
then go to step 6 .....

Can't hurt to try, good luck.

Rodg
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 05:57 AM   #3825

Greetings,
Has anyone experienced any issues with the engine brake? When I turn on my engine brake, it engages as designed; however, when I step on the accelerator to apply power, it fails to disengage. Anyone else have this issue, and, if so, how did you rectify it?
Thanks,
Lou
CaptLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 08:39 AM   #3826

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have an engine brake on mine. I would think turning off the brake switch would do it.
Rodg495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 11:07 AM   #3827
Cs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLou View Post
Greetings,
Has anyone experienced any issues with the engine brake? When I turn on my engine brake, it engages as designed; however, when I step on the accelerator to apply power, it fails to disengage. Anyone else have this issue, and, if so, how did you rectify it?
Thanks,
Lou
I would be keen to know about more this problem. ive stopped using the exhaust brake on my Vesta as I experienced a number of instances where I would slow the coach on a long descent using the exhaust brake but then when I accelerated the engine light came on and there was no power. I then had to stop the coach turn off the engine and start back up for the problem to clear.
I checked the mechanical side of the exhaust brake and all seems fine. It would seem there is some sort of solenoid issue which I am unable to locate.
Keen to hear from the experts on here
Cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:07 PM   #3828

Monaco Owners Club
It’s an on/off switch. You have to turn it off when it’s no longer needed. No auto-off function is documented in the manual.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:23 PM   #3829
Cs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbrit View Post
It’s an on/off switch. You have to turn it off when it’s no longer needed. No auto-off function is documented in the manual.
This isn't correct.
You can drive with it permanently on and it will disengage automatically under pressure when the engine is producing power
Cs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:54 AM   #3830

Exhaust Brake Info

Some general information including programming parameters for functionality:

http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/Gene...Y2010_REV2.pdf

Detailed exhaust brake design (Maxxforce 13, but is likely similar to the Maxxforce 7 in this respect):

https://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com...Jan%202017.pdf

FYI.. I've read that some common issues include loose wires at the switch and the accelerator pedal not returning to zero.
FoxRedLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 10:12 PM   #3831

Monaco Owners Club
Have traded in my Vesta to MHSRV in Alvarado Texas

The Vesta had some body damage and windshield damage that they are repairing. The upholstery is very good and it is in generally good condition but they have not posted pictures yet. It was time for us to downsize so we traded the Vesta at a pretty low value for a 24 foot Prism Elite. If you are interested in a Vesta this may be a good option for you. We had engine work done last summer. The sun visor motor does not work and the side windows do have some fog in them. We replaced the washer dryer which never worked for us with storage drawers in the cabinet. We also replaced the chair by the entrance with a storage cabinet. If they are still in the vesta, we left the original mirrors under the bed and replaced them with new ones. We also left additional windshield wipers and an additional lock for the door because we had issues with both on another motorhome during a hurricane retreat and just keep extras on hand.
The Vesta has 2 propane tanks because we live on an island and discovered you can't buy propane during crisis weather. We also had it set up for 10,800 watts of Ecoflow batteries which ran the Vesta with air overnight but removed the batteries because we could not recoup the cost of them and can use them at home.
Old 06-19-2023, 06:30 AM   #3832

Wallpaper

Does anyone have a product number or lead on the wallpaper used on the Vestas? 32 PBS and we had a small leak in the bedroom window and may need to replace a piece. I will try and just pull it back and repaste but need a plan "b".

TIA

David and Peggy at Talona Ridge RV park
Old 06-19-2023, 07:58 AM   #3833

Forgot to ask about Diamond Shield.

Has anyone found a company that has the Vesta pattern available. Not looking to go and pay big money for someone to make the pattern.

TIA
David & Peggy
Old 06-20-2023, 05:59 AM   #3834

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1959 View Post
Does anyone have a product number or lead on the wallpaper used on the Vestas? 32 PBS and we had a small leak in the bedroom window and may need to replace a piece. I will try and just pull it back and repaste but need a plan "b".

TIA

David and Peggy at Talona Ridge RV park
I wish to could help more with the wallpaper. It looked to me like it was a factory bonded vinyl covering likely done at the plywood mill. I would try using Google lens to see if it will give you any information. I am always amazed how well that works for identifying things..

I have a question for you all. My Vesta has been in storage for a while now and has been indoors in a climate controlled warehouse plugged in to shore power. My house batteries are fully charged however my chassis batteries are completely dead. I replaced the chassis batteries last year as the others were getting old and I included that in my complete renovation of the rig. If anyone could let me know what is going wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again to everyone on the forum for your combined knowledge..

Gregg
Sylvesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:56 AM   #3835

Monaco Owners Club
There are parasitic and not-so parasitic loads on the chassis battery when parked for long periods. The aux air compressor will run periodically if there are any tiny leaks in the air leveling system, for example.

The BIM should be turning on the boost solenoid to charge the chassis battery from the house battery when the chassis batt drops below some threshold. You might check that you can hear the boost solenoid closing when you press the Boost switch. If the solenoid is working, then the issue may be with the BIM controller, shown on page 2 of the chassis schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	395921

HTH
Old 06-22-2023, 08:09 AM   #3836

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpj1959 View Post
Yes Lou, not only 2 motors, when I replaced the front one, the old rear one lagged behind so I replaced that one two, which solved the lag problem.
Hello again. Doing some research on my RV I found that I have the BAL ACCU SLIDE. The issue I have is this: When I open the living room slide, I have to help it along by pushing on the facia so it will open and opens very slowly. It closes at normal speed with no issues.

I have checked the power to the slide motor, and I get 13 volts with the engine off and 14 with the engine running.

Does anyone else have the BAL ACCU slide and experience the same issue? I have been told by an RV repair man with over 20 years in the trade (over the phone), that he has NEVER seen one of these motors fail.

Any suggestions?

TIA
Lou
CaptLou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco