Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
The water filter was supposed to be mounted on the panel in the wet bay.

But mine was mounted on the floor in the open space behind the panel along with the water pump.

I’m 6’4” and about 260 lbs, SO the only way to get to it was to get a small ten year old and send him into the basement bay to the left of the wet bay where he could crawl through a panel opening in the side wall about 18” x 12”. Good luck finding the screws to remove that panel..... or you cold take down the wet bay panel.

Best solution is to move the filter out the front of the wet bay the way Monaco originally planned for it to be.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
When our coach was new the water hose reel kept hanging up. I took it back to the dealer and asked them to just cut the bottom section of the panel off flush with the rest of the panel to allow the user (me) to see the hose reel and guide the hose as it winds back on the reel. Problem solved.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1162.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	183525
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I like your layout there, zo66. Waaay better than mine, for sure. Will upload a pic or two as soon as I finish chasing big gremlins.

As some have mentioned, by 2008 some black/gray water labels got reversed (almost caused an issue first day we had it ), and the hose reel keeps jamming against something behind the panel (one of the bigger gremlins).

Water filter? Stuffed way back in the bay with enough dust/dirt on it and its hose to know the PO rarely replaced it - if at all.

My Endeavor had a separate water spigot (pressure) besides the rinse-off faucets, and it was very handy. I had a short piece of hose between it and the black-rinse to do a 'pressure-wash' while at the dump station. One less hose to mess with. I'd also plumbed a second black-rinse fitting on the panel so I could rinse/flush both sides of the black-tank. Helped a lot over the years.

deaton - will be moving the filter, as you say. Can I rent that 10-year old boy for awhile? Uhhhhh, wait!... not sure that came out right .
OK. Back on track... I agree the later manuals were definitely an exercise in some school's Creative Writing class.

Boomer - VERY nice. Don't think I'd ever go anywhere, I'd just sit there and look at that panel.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
I cut the bottom few inches off my wet bay panel too. Also removed and stored the Sanicon. I got tired of it taking forever to pump out the tanks. Now the new ones appear to be much faster, so I may look at that solution again.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
RustyTools

Sorry, that ten year old boy is 18 now.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo66 View Post
When our coach was new the water hose reel kept hanging up. I took it back to the dealer and asked them to just cut the bottom section of the panel off flush with the rest of the panel to allow the user (me) to see the hose reel and guide the hose as it winds back on the reel. Problem solved.Attachment 183525
That is exactly how mine looked. I did take out the soap dispenser because it was always dripping soap--I probably had the cleanest wet bay around. And just recently I changed out the shower 'wand' to a garden type spray nozzle.

The idea of cutting off the bottom panel for the hose access is a good one. One of the problems I learned early on was the hose would jump off the hose reel when retracting it. A real PITA to get it back on. I'm careful now and guide it in.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #21

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
I also trimmed the bottom of the panel and reversed the water reel to have hose come out from bottom.

Attachment 183157
Looks nice, and thanks for that image. I found out I recently purchased the last pack of Staytion sani bottles left in the world. I was just getting ready to change to a new sani-dispenser when a place came up and told me they had one left in stock. I'll still replace the thing but now can do it at my leisure.

nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:27 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Finally got the white panel out, wow was it a job! I didn't want to cut it if possible, but finally gave up and split it down the middle. Will put an aluminum strip to hold it together when re-installing everything.

My hose-reel is situated oddly. Not sure if it has moved or was just installed weird. It sits high enough that the top of the frame almost touches the bottom of the black tank, and one flange of the reel actually rests against the black-tank downpipe. (see red markings). I'm thinking about moving it to the other side of the bay, where the Sani-Con used to be (I don't use it).

Memo to self: Be sure to empty both holding tanks before working around the valves. While pulling on stuff in the wet-bay, something could catch on a handle and inadvertently dump the tank-contents in my lap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wet-Bay.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	183816   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2195.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	183817  

Old 11-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Finally got the white panel out, wow was it a job! I didn't want to cut it if possible, but finally gave up and split it down the middle. Will put an aluminum strip to hold it together when re-installing everything.

My hose-reel is situated oddly. Not sure if it has moved or was just installed weird. It sits high enough that the top of the frame almost touches the bottom of the black tank, and one flange of the reel actually rests against the black-tank downpipe. (see red markings). I'm thinking about moving it to the other side of the bay, where the Sani-Con used to be (I don't use it).

Memo to self: Be sure to empty both holding tanks before working around the valves. While pulling on stuff in the wet-bay, something could catch on a handle and inadvertently dump the tank-contents in my lap.
After repositioning my hose reel, I also noted it touching by the black tank. I used sone 3m 5200 to adhere some thick steel plate on the bottom of the tank. So far so good.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:58 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Ah-ha! Great suggestion, John, thanks. That's exactly what it needs! Did you find the plastic base under the reel had sagged and was now leaning into the tank/downpipe?

I'm continually being amazed at what I find in this beast. Every time, I run across crazy senseless stuff like this, I immediately jump to the conclusion that the PO had been 'fixing' things and messed up all the quality factory work on his new coach. Now, I slowly coming to the conclusion that it came that way!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Ah-ha! Great suggestion, John, thanks. That's exactly what it needs! Did you find the plastic base under the reel had sagged and was now leaning into the tank/downpipe?

I'm continually being amazed at what I find in this beast. Every time, I run across crazy senseless stuff like this, I immediately jump to the conclusion that the PO had been 'fixing' things and messed up all the quality factory work on his new coach. Now, I slowly coming to the conclusion that it came that way!
Yes, mine was sagged real bad. If I left it sagging, the reel cleared. I just used a short piece of angle iron, notched it and slid it in between the two small rails underneath. That leveled it out.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Cool, thanks!
Old 11-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
I would move that reel back to clear that plumbing though.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Also, after looking closer at your picture, you might try flipping the reel around do not pulls from the bottom. Seems to strain the motor less. Less bends.

Tags
water