Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
The shop got the radiator out Monday night and I went to look at it on Tuesday AM. Something definitely poked a hole in the radiator resulting in the sudden loss of coolant. There was a small gash where the metal was peeled up and you can see a hole in the tube. The area is still wet with coolant.

I took pictures and sent to my insurance agent, he in turn reported it as a claim. An insurance adjuster called me to discuss. I explained what happen and my findings regarding the radiator. She said she would call the shop and talk to the service people. I told her the radiator could be sent to a local radiator shop and repaired but she said she would let the shop make a recommendation. I did explain that I had to move the RV so the tow truck could hook up & that I had pumped ~50 gallons of plain water through it. I told her the system would have to be completely flushed with distilled water and additive to clean it out and then new coolant added.

I talked to the shop foreman later and he said the agent did call him and he told her basically the same thing I told here and he has to send them pictures but based on the conversation he thought I'd be covered.

It is now a waiting game, the agent said she would call me Thursday evening.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #30

This is actually good news (at least to me), that the radiator didnt fail due to corrosion or wearing out, it was a road hazard. So I can breathe a little easier since I have the same setup. This will be great if its covered under insurance....
speerfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Update on my radiator leak

The insurance company did agree that this was damage due to road debris even though I could not specifically tell them what it was. The was a visible gash in the radiator and at least 1 hole punched in the tube.

After about 2 weeks of back and forth between a 3rd party reviewer of the claim and Crosspoint Cummins in TN the insurance claim was approved for $7800, I have $1000 deductible. A new radiator has been ordered from CG&J.

I also had the CAC tested at a local radiator shop, it is leaking badly out of 1 side and is not repairable. I went and inspect this afternoon to confirm, hard to believe I was pulling ~23psi boost pressure. They will send if off for repair at a cost of $1500 which includes shipping there and back. CG&J offered the same cost but I'd have to arrange for the shipping there.

Now it's a waiting game but hopefully the rig will be up and running in ~2 weeks or less.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, radiator