Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone have a Glendinning crr-50 installed?

Greetings
The coach is going in for service next week and I am considering having the crr-50 installed at that time. Does anyone have this reel installed in thier rig? Any comments about the system. Would be particularly interested in photos of unit installed on a similar coach I have a 2011 Monaco Knight 40'. My dealer is Alliance in Wildwood Florida they have indicated that they typically install the unit in the rear electrical compartment in the overhead on my coach type.
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #2

If you have the space, this one is the gold standard:

http://http://www.glendinningprods.com/rlc.html

No troublesome slip rings.

Mine has been completely trouble free.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #3

Sorry, I can't get my link to work. Here it is again. You may have to paste it in.

Glendinning's RLC-Cablemaster Page
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My 08 knight has a 50 amp manual real factory. No idea on th brand. It works just fine, never a problem.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have the silver standard the CR-50 made in Clearwater, Fl. fits perfectly in the Knight. deSanford. I positioned the end of cable over the hole it goes out of. Also purchased the nylon wheels that fits into the hole in the tray. No more fighting that STIFF snake.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I checked out the "GOLD' standard and I like the silver one better. It comes with a nice pliable 50amp cable and it has its own reel. Takes up the right amount of space in the compartment that Navastar Monaco provided for the "snake". deSanford
Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #7
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for your feedback. I have been leaning towards the silver standard myself my only concern was the use of slip rings to transfer the current. I spoke with an engineer from Glendinning who assured me of its reliability. I haven't yet heard of any problems with the system.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I installed the "silver" standard and it works GREAT. Made for the space in the Knight. The Gold one just will cause a problem coiling the snake. If there was room to coil the snake I wouldn't need a electric unit with a reel. I now have a stiff 50 amp cable in the garage with no idea what to do with it. deSanford
Old 05-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
...... I now have a stiff 50 amp cable in the garage with no idea what to do with it. deSanford
Buy a good quality female 50 amp socket and install it on the end of the cable with bare wires. Coil it up and put it in the basement of your coach. It will come in handy at rallies and other locations where your 50 amp shore cord will not reach.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bob for the good advice. I thought about that idea for a few minutes as I put the cable in the garage. After 40 years of RVing I have (lucky for me) never needed an "extension" cord. Last month Linda and I were in Lancaster for a GOOD SAM RALLY, and they had portable power boxes laid down on the parking lot for the coaches to plug into. Then it rained and flooded the lot. My SURGE PROTECTOR got a real work out that night. Now that I've said this my next FMCA Rally at Coos Bay I probably will need a longer cord. On second thought I didn't sign up for power. deSanford