Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
I doubt the Guardian Plates would be as tough as the microwave vent, and certainly not the shop. I spent way more time looking for tools and parts than in doing my first plate - the others went fast.

BTW, I see 2 big doors on that nice new shop, Greg, can I park in the other side? Our coaches are almost twins!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Glad to hear the Guardian plates wonít be that hard! Hope to start on them tomorrow.
Rustytools, Better hurry up and get here. That second stall is filling up fast with my assorted tools, my tractor and assorted trailers. Dump,flatbed & horse !! Not sure I will have any space left over for anything else !
gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here are two videos made by ZMOTORSPORTS that may help you

Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:37 PM   #32

I've watched Mikes video's and they are well done, but skip over some steps that I'd like to see how others do.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I've watched Mikes video's and they are well done, but skip over some steps that I'd like to see how others do.
Ben,

Since you're the OP, I guess you can't hijack your own thread.
but I think you jinked me. After seeing your flush floor slide, I decided to do mine. I'm waiting for the plates to come in from Florida as I type. I don't think it's that difficult a project.

If I get them in next couple days, I'll install them before the next trip, otherwise it's going to have to wait till we get back. (I remember someone else saying that exact same thing)
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #34

Oven is sitting on the countertop waiting for a capacitor to arrive. Naturally, it had to be an oddball sized capacitor which wasn't readily available !
My slide runners held up pretty well for the remainder of the trip, only losing two or three small pieces during the remaining 4 or 5 in/ out cycles .
Installing the Guardian Plates is on hold till I fix the things that broke during the trip. Next up, Satellite dish has started rotating only about 90*! Cost me watching a hockey game on my way home!
Good luck with your install!
Old 04-19-2019, 09:10 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone removed the microwave / convection oven?

To continue with the guardian plate hijack, I installed the street side bedroom slide, raised slide plates. Took about 3 1/2 hours. Very straightforward. Had to do a little trimming on both plates to get the correct fit. I expected to do that.
First plate, I put the plate in place, marked the holes and pre drilled the holes. Still had to re drill some of them to get the rivet to go in straight on several locations.
On the second plate, I put it into position and drilled the side holes only. I put the sealant on the plate and some on the edge of the slide out, put it in position holding it in the correct position using a floor jack with a 4x4 vertical wooden post pressed against the bottom of the plate, and installed the 2 end rivets. I then drilled the bottom holes and installed all the rivets. Much faster and easier to do it that way. At least for me it was.
I bought a gallon of acetone for the job and I think I will use it all when I have done all 4 slides.
Next set of plate will go faster !
Old 04-20-2019, 05:44 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club

Glad you got them done, Greg! Told ya it would be easy (once you got the hang of it).

When you look at the before-and-after versions of the slide-edge and how the Guardian Plates work, it sure makes you wonder what Monaco was thinking.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:09 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
You were right RustyTools ! Very strange forward.
Couldnít agree more! They really did some strange things with these coaches. Their QC was lacking. I continue to find weird things with my coach like my sanicon being wired wrong. No wonder it didnít work ???
Putting the water filter under the middle of the wet bay BEHIND the white panel. Had to crawl into the adjacent storage bay to access it!! No easy feat for me. Iím 6í7, 260 lbs and Iím an old dude !!! YIKES !
Old 04-20-2019, 09:20 AM   #38

Good to know .
I was wondering whether pre drilling all holes would work, thinking the thickness of the 5200 would affect the hole allignment just a hair.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #39

Quick question, when you drill the holes in sidewall, and slide floor, are you drilling all the way thru, or putting a wrap of tape on your bit at a certain depth, and drilling to there .
Old 04-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone removed the microwave / convection oven?

I measured the length of the rivets and put tape on the bit.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:34 PM   #41

Well, that was worth the time and effort!
A little internet research, a little testing, about $50 in parts, and I once again have an operational oven !
Was looking at about $1400CAD to replace this one with the same, or similar!

BTW, for anyone who needs to replace this factory Sharp Carousel, as far as under counter micro / convection's go, they rate very well !
Old 04-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Well, that was worth the time and effort!
A little internet research, a little testing, about $50 in parts, and I once again have an operational oven !
Was looking at about $1400CAD to replace this one with the same, or similar!

BTW, for anyone who needs to replace this factory Sharp Carousel, as far as under counter micro / convection's go, they rate very well !
Ben,

Good to know about the oven. That vent retro is on my list somewhere.

BTW, I finished putting guardian plates on the flush floor. Wasn't very difficult. There was some minor trimming to make it fit but not a big deal. Probably took longer to get the black rubber gutter and glue residue off then everything else. I think it's best to allow a week or so for the 5200 to cure before you move the slide. I left it fully out to compress the G plate in place..
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave