Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #43

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You removed the little angled gutters, and just left them off?

Good to here it went well for ya, Bill !!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2019, 12:14 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
You removed the little angled gutters, and just left them off?

Good to here it went well for ya, Bill !!
I left them off. Theyíre sitting in my garage. They were mounted too low for the GP installation anyway.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:37 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Glad the uwave project is done!

Sorta off-topic, but there's been some discussion on here recently about the 419 Maintenance Session that's about to happen in Indiana. We went one year, and wife attended the microwave cooking sessions. That microwave never worked so good once she learned a bunch of tricks with it! Well worth every drop of fuel it took to travel to there - and then some.

OK, now off-topic... I bet those little angled gutters were Monaco's attempt to channel water away from that dastardly lip, once they realized there was going to be a problem with water intrusion when the silicone starts to age and pull away.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #46

Replaced microwave

We were never happy with the combination microwave/convection oven. Never could get the convection function to cook food right, so when ours started having problems with the microwave, I replaced it with a simple microwave oven. I used a Panasonic NN-SU696S which was almost exactly the same outside dimensions, but of course it's bigger inside.

Had no trouble removing the Sharp. Just 8 Phillips Head screws around the front, and it slid right out. I'm over 80 and had no trouble with the weight. Had to trim about 1/8 inch at the bottom of the front bezel for the new oven to fit. It works so much better than the Sharp.

Since that left us without a conventional oven, we bought a Waring countertop oven for $69 at Walmart. It's big enough for two 12" pizzas or for a small chicken on the rotisserie. It's so much better than the combination oven.
Dan Paymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:49 PM   #47

Yes, those long rods are screws/bolts that connect to the backing plate. The plate has a ridge along the bottom that the back of the microwave sets in and there are probably bolts coming down from the cabinet, too. For support, I put a piece of plywood over the stove and counter top, then put two home depot buckets under the microwave and used smaller pieces of wood to make up the difference. The then slide it out over the walk way onto another similar contraption that was sitting on a furniture dolly. Rolled it to door and threw it as far as I could. But, I had to get another identical POS to fit the hole.
dperlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #48

Sharp microwave support is by a horizontal 'ledge' on bottom back wall.

Angle microwave so back edge sits on ledge, then pivot microwave front up.

Older models have two spring latches on upper back side that is secured with two plastic protected long screws under microwave next to wall.

Later models use a long angled bolts from near front bottom (in filter area) to upper rear wall mount.

That is all there is to remove and reinstall, just heavy and awkward. Some RV manufacturers add their own screws from top or side to help secure things that go bang down the road. Look inside top vent for screws up into top cabinet.

New Sharp models can usually re-use the newer style wall mount from a previous install. Install is pretty straight forward, especially if inside vented.
BarryHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:18 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
All - I had this happen to me, was not the microwave, it was the very inexpensive receptacle used by the RV industry, before you go to all that trouble, make sure it is not the receptacle.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:19 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnlandrus View Post
To continue with the guardian plate hijack, I installed the street side bedroom slide, raised slide plates. Took about 3 1/2 hours. Very straightforward. Had to do a little trimming on both plates to get the correct fit. I expected to do that.
Next set of plate will go faster !
Faster than 3 1/2 hours

You will have smoke belching out of your rivet gun !!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Hahaha, yeah, it was one of the RARE times everything went right. Didnít break anything
That double handle rivet gun is amazing too !! Used it on another project already.
gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Uh-oh!! You just done and gone jinxed yourself big-time now! MMMM-mm! You're making me think I don't want to share your nice new fancy garage with you anymore. I carry around enough bad-karma of my own.

Yeah, that rivet-gun is awesome!
Old 04-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #53

Well Greg, your 3.5 hr speed record wasn't beaten by me.
I would guess I spent 5.5 hrs over the last couple of days, and don't expect the flush floor slide to go any quicker! This was working alone, and with one jack. At the risk of jinxing myself , my bedroom plates fit perfectly, needing no trimming at all. The flush floor plates have more notches and cut outs, so, I'll be pretty impressed if they slide into place as well!
Old 04-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
I seem to remember Chris T mentioning something about there being minor dimensional differences from one coach to another (snowflakes again), and we might have to cut-to-fit the plates. I had to trim one of mine a lot, other three were spot-on.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:56 PM   #55

Yeah, I gave Chris the measurements he asked for, when I received the plates I took a tape measure to them. He gave me exactly what I asked for, so, any fitment issues, it's on me !!

BUT, saying that..... If the wife is around, and the flush floor plates don't fit, I'm gona need someone to blame !!
Old 04-28-2019, 07:59 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Well Ben, Iím anxious to hear how the flush floor install goes. A second jack does really help, as well as a helper. I didnít have a helper but will try and have one for the flush floor slides. I havenít ordered my
plates yet. Hope to order them this week.
If yours donít fit, blame me. Iíve been married for 47 years so Iím used to it !! LOL.
gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave