Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Mark,
I think it was Camelot Camper that added the third A/C unit, with associated wiring. I've done many modifications, but not the third A/C. I have been going the insulation route, so far. I'm gaining, but might try the two 15,000 btu a/c's next. Or, maybe better yet, stay in the mountains in the summer.

I tried searching the mods section, but didn't find it. But then again, we have the one and only, MonacoMama. She can find anything.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Here you go....

(Sorry it took me so long - I am reading posts and did not see the post come in!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	1512I had Classic Coach Works of Lakeland Fl. install their custom inside air conditioner covers. They replace the plastic cover that comes with the units. They plugged off the direct down dump vent as they are extemely noisey, thus sending all air through the ceiling vents. The combination distributes the air much better and considerably quieter, plus they are so much better looking than the original vent covers.

Neil
2pedersens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Mark,
I think it was Camelot Camper that added the third A/C unit, with associated wiring. I've done many modifications, but not the third A/C. I have been going the insulation route, so far. I'm gaining, but might try the two 15,000 btu a/c's next. Or, maybe better yet, stay in the mountains in the summer.

I tried searching the mods section, but didn't find it. But then again, we have the one and only, MonacoMama. She can find anything.
Thanks Harry.

I think CC's write up is here:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/adding-a-third-air-conditioner-46004.html

Sorry, link did not work. Maybe MM can find it!!

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pedersens View Post
Attachment 1512I had Classic Coach Works of Lakeland Fl. install their custom inside air conditioner covers. They replace the plastic cover that comes with the units. They plugged off the direct down dump vent as they are extemely noisey, thus sending all air through the ceiling vents. The combination distributes the air much better and considerably quieter, plus they are so much better looking than the original vent covers.

Neil
It sure looks much better than what came with the coach. We will be in the Lakeland area in Nov and may drop by Classic Coach.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
MonacoMama,
Are you part of the forum, or is the forum part of you, joined at the hip, so to speak. You don't miss much.
Thanks for the link.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pedersens View Post
Attachment 1512I had Classic Coach Works of Lakeland Fl. install their custom inside air conditioner covers. They replace the plastic cover that comes with the units. They plugged off the direct down dump vent as they are extemely noisey, thus sending all air through the ceiling vents. The combination distributes the air much better and considerably quieter, plus they are so much better looking than the original vent covers.

Neil
Neil,
I was thinking of doing this myself could you provide more pictures or a detailed description. The main thing I'm trying to understand is what they do about the air intake and the filter?
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #22

A/C cover

As you can see from the picture, there is a two step drop down. A standard 20 x 20 filter fits in this area on the top step leaving the opening on the bottom for air intake. It has to have the same square inches of opening as the original intake. The dump vent is completely blocked off using a quarter inch thick piece of plywood, 4 screws and aluminized furnace tape to completely seal it. The hardest part is finding something to hold it to the ceiling as there isn't much up there to screw into. There is no logical way to screw it to the a/c and still have a filter. The original installer cut a slit in the ceiling and slipped a 1/4" piece of plywood into it above the foam panel and screwed throught the a/c cover and ceiling panel. It would be somewhat difficult to explain without seeing it done as I did.

Neil
2pedersens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #23

We replaced the 13500 Penguins with 15000 BTU Heat Pump about 18 months ago. We have a ducted system in our 1997 Patriot and it did make a noticeable difference. We really like the convinience of aheat pump for the cool FL AM's instead of using the Aqua-Hot in addition to increased cooling capacity.

We also went to digital thermostats over mechanical ones. Work done in Punta Gorda, FL and I reviewed the service point at rvservicereviews.com.

We also had the AC Covers done by Classic Coach Works but added vents in the bottom so we could use standard AC filters. We used foam tape between the bottom of the filter and the upper side of the cover to keeep it snug against the ceiling.

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM   #24

How did you take care of the ducts in the front of the unit, just plug them?
Mike Hollis
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Our rear air is way back in the bedroom,so we just closed all the front vents.
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote