Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2020, 04:02 PM   #1

Anyone travelled recently ?

Hi,
I never see anything on here about recent travels. Has anyone been out and about recently ? I need to travel across the country on business, and like to take my rv so I’m not in and out of hotels every night. Just wondering what people are seeing in real life out there ? Can you still park at Walmart's ? I was considering buying Allstays, but wondering if it had any currently info on it ? When I google search the Walmart’s I want to stay at there are no updates since last year ? I’ve spent countless hours online trying to look up info, but would love some real world, real person perspective
Thanks
Michael
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Michael,

Last Sunday I left Mesa, AZ to get out of the heat and headed to Idaho Falls, ID. I stayed in a open graded area off Hwy 89 in southern Utah the first night and in an open field by a Flying J truck stop the next. I'm now staying at a friends AG airport outside of Idaho Falls. There are more RVs on the road then I thought there would be. Everything went well. The truck stops are full at night so there always seems to be a place to park somewhere around them...Even a hotel parking lot.

Tim
Old 05-03-2020, 08:50 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not really a Monaco issue.

Should post this in a traveling, camping forum.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:08 AM   #4

Hi,
Thank You Tim for the info, that’s helpful.
I’m sorry, I guess I didn’t realize that help and questions had to be Monaco repair related, I’ll check the other forums for a travel one, thanks for the tip, hope this thread didn’t cause any problems
Michael
Old 05-04-2020, 05:19 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckboatking View Post
Hi,
Thank You Tim for the info, that’s helpful.
I’m sorry, I guess I didn’t realize that help and questions had to be Monaco repair related, I’ll check the other forums for a travel one, thanks for the tip, hope this thread didn’t cause any problems
Michael
No problem just a suggestion for you to get better and more widespread views and responses.
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #6

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
We drove from East Tennessee to Decatur, IL to pick up a side by side vehicle. Traffic was light and saw an occasional RV. Lots of people making weekend trips with fishing boats and many 4 ATV on trailers. Usual big rig traffic.

Stayed at the same campground going out and coming back (just convenient). Hosts were safety oriented and greeted us at their office window, wearing masks and gloves. Site was for self sustained rigs only as restrooms and showers were closed.

Called another possible overnight campground and they were open as well for overnight traffic. Same self sustained rigs only.
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:46 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
We just traveled from Phoenix to NW Ohio. No problems.

Traffic was light, fuel prices were at record low. finding places to stay the night was no problem. Truck stop and fast food places open. places like Cracker Barrel do take out only.

We use combination of Passport America, RVParkReview, and Good Sams to find overnight stops.

http://www.1999southwind.com/differe...n-recent-trip/

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:04 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tucson to South Dakota - used Cabelas stores and one RV Park. Combined TSD fuel discount card and low diesel prices to save a lot of money. Heavy truck traffic but no other issues.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We just came from Hill country Texas to north Wisconsin and stayed in several parks that were very cautious, fueled at Loves with the pump start APP and TSD card and had a good trip. Heavy traffic around large cities but on the open roads, mostly trucks. We did park in a Loves one night as the local CG was filled with construction workers. Good trip all in all and there were some RVs on the road but not a ton of them.
Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
Old 05-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #10

I don't see you having a problem .
We live in NE Tx where when the lock down first started I saw very lite traffic
except trucks . Traffic lately has really picked up and I see many RV Coaches
mostly going north but quite a lot going all other directions .
A couple of states have closed or limited private RV parks but most parks are
going to be happy to see you .
Call some of Walmarts you might want to consider and ask them .
I say go for it .

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:19 AM   #11

Thank You for the all the replies
Michael

Tags
led, travel