Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #1

Anyone upgraded Monaco Camelot TVs?

Was going to measure and see what size flat screens I can install and how the mounts are.

If anyone has upgraded their Living Room and bedroom TV already esp on a 08 Camelot it will save me the leg work
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2021, 06:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Here are some of mine: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tv-...-389862-2.html
Be careful measuring between the cabinet doors on either side as mine got narrower at the top.

Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:32 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have Camelot 40PDQ, with the 'desk' mounted in the road-slide right behind the driver, and a couch opposite. The desk is mounted too low to be of any practical use trying to get our legs under it, so it's been a catch-all for miscellaneous stuff. The coach has the usual 32" LED tv in front, and is good at causing stuff necks when watching from the couch. To remedy that, I was going to just set a small tv on that desk when parked (a big one would be too wide to sit there), but realized I could instead fit a larger tv on a wall swivel-mount and attach it to the sidewall behind it.

With a 40" (there is probably even room to fit a 45" or so, but already had this 40" in my shop) on the mount, I am now able to swing it to either face the couch, or angle it towards the kitchen area. When traveling, we simply bungee-cord the tv to the wall to keep it from flopping around. And surprisingly, it stays put even when 'someone' forgets to use the bungee.

I also wanted surround-sound to be centered from the new tv and not off-angle from the ceiling-mounted speakers, so I bought a Home Theater setup with wireless remote rear speakers (since I couldn't reasonably figure how to run wires between the 2 slides). Right now, I'm using a wireless HDMI TX/RX between the Dish receiver and new tv but I'm not happy with, it so I may just give in and use one HDMI cable instead.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
I have Camelot 40PDQ, with the 'desk' mounted in the road-slide right behind the driver, and a couch opposite. The desk is mounted too low to be of any practical use trying to get our legs under it, so it's been a catch-all for miscellaneous stuff. The coach has the usual 32" LED tv in front, and is good at causing stuff necks when watching from the couch. To remedy that, I was going to just set a small tv on that desk when parked (a big one would be too wide to sit there), but realized I could instead fit a larger tv on a wall swivel-mount and attach it to the sidewall behind it.

With a 40" (there is probably even room to fit a 45" or so, but already had this 40" in my shop) on the mount, I am now able to swing it to either face the couch, or angle it towards the kitchen area. When traveling, we simply bungee-cord the tv to the wall to keep it from flopping around. And surprisingly, it stays put even when 'someone' forgets to use the bungee.

I also wanted surround-sound to be centered from the new tv and not off-angle from the ceiling-mounted speakers, so I bought a Home Theater setup with wireless remote rear speakers (since I couldn't reasonably figure how to run wires between the 2 slides). Right now, I'm using a wireless HDMI TX/RX between the Dish receiver and new tv but I'm not happy with, it so I may just give in and use one HDMI cable instead.

Do you have pictures of the setup please
Old 01-04-2021, 10:41 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I when with a 80" projector screen hanging from the ceiling at the front of the coach. I use a Hi-definition projector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV - 80 inch .jpg
Views:	45
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	313415  
Old 01-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Whenever I start on a project, I never think: “Hey, I should take photos to show how it turns out.” Mainly, it’s because I’m usually so surprised when something does turn out good enough that I’d be willing to show anyone what I did. LOL. Anyways, here’s the best I can offer photo-wise, after the fact.

I didn’t want to mount the bracket directly to the wall, because I wasn’t exactly sure where any studs were or how flimsy the wallboard might be. So I took a piece of ¾” plywood (it’s what I had lying around) and cut it to fit forward of the foremost window-frame and as tall from top-to-bottom as possible, and then used about a zillion screws to mount it to the wall. I then mounted a regular fold-and-tilt tv wall-bracket (Amazon, where else?) to the plywood, and hung the tv from it. Very sturdy, and the tv stays right where you point it.

One photo is of the Samsung Home-Theater in the cabinet directly above the tv (which may move somewhere else in the future.) I drilled a hole in the backside of that cabinet and ran power and speaker leads up to it and behind the tv to hide them. You can kinda see the 3 small front speakers on the desk area, and the woofer is in a re-purposed cabinet down by the floor (now that was a job, getting permission!). The 2 surround speakers are behind the couch, on the wall, but they may migrate in the future, too.

I didn’t do anything to the original front-tv and its overhead-sound system, they are still in-place and functional, but I did re-wire everything so I have 2 parallel stand-alone systems. We have a Winegard in-motion sat-dome so she can watch tv whenever and on whichever tv, and the Kenwood dash stereo/DVD is also wired thru both tv’s. {{DISCLAIMER: I’m too busy driving to watch tv!}}

I’m a stickler for making something (especially in the coach) look as presentable and functional as I can and not look like a lame afterthought. I’m happy with how it all turned out and so is my wife, but she says the stereo is too loud sometimes and may disturb neighbors. Maybe I’ll check into that someday, but there’s so many other projects waiting…
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1) tv, for couch watching.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	313419   Click image for larger version

Name:	2) tv, for kitchen watching.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	313420  

Name:	3) Behind tv, mtg bracket.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	313421   Click image for larger version

Name:	4) Samsung Stereo, above tv.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	313422  

Old 01-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Forgot to mention the bedroom tv.

Mine was already a flatscreen, but I think maybe a 24" (?) or so maybe (bigger is better, right?). Someone was upgrading and gave me a Dynex 32". It just barely fit on the shelf where the old one was, and with some angle-brackets now lives there.

Since my Dish receiver doesn't have a coax output and I didn't want to pull 50-60 ft of more HDMI cable, I used a HDMI-to-coax adapter to feed the back tv. Not good quality video (compared to HD), but it's mostly only used for audio back there, anyways.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We documented the upgrade of our main TV and bedroom TV in our upgrades thread. Might be useful for some inspiration:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/upg...ml#post5231096

Name:	IMG_044_2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	313436 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0435_2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	313437

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	313439 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0456_2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	313441

All the best with your upgrade! Well worth it.
Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTL View Post

Attachment 313439 Attachment 313441

All the best with your upgrade! Well worth it.
Josh
Looks like you did the same thing I did -- no bracket at all? Drilled some holes through the previous door and used some washers to mount the TV directly to it? Looks great!
Fffrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fffrank View Post
Looks like you did the same thing I did -- no bracket at all? Drilled some holes through the previous door and used some washers to mount the TV directly to it? Looks great!
Thanks Fffrank!

Yup pretty much, only that we didn't have existing doors. The huge tube TVs were in the holes. So we had to build our own doors and stain them (easy project).

Appreciate the kind words. Looks like you have been having fun with your new rig!

Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I had the big analog TV in the front box. I wanted to take advantage of the box for storage so I mounted a baluster vertically and then used a wall mount for the TV. The top I attached the baluster to the tubing from the house frame and the bottom I used the baluster bracket. Had to get the dimensions right for centering the TV in the box. I also installed a shelf that fit the DVD's & CD. Also store camera & binoculars in the box. Lots of usable storage. I can actually swivel the TV and face it toward the front door and watch TV sitting outside if I want.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03013.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	313451   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03014.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	313452  

jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:18 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
This should be very similar to your 2008 Camelot. This was in a 2007 Executive that originally came with a 32" Sharp TV installed in the front dash over the windshield. When we purchased it, a professional RV shop had installed a new LG TV in it (I think 42"). Notice how the LG TV sits several inches below the ceiling and just doesn't fit well (first picture).

I removed the LG TV and built a new mount out of 3/4" oak plywood with 1/2" plywood spacers (second picture). I tried to place the TV as high up as possible and moved each of the overhead cabinet doors over slightly so we could fit a 50" Samsung 4k TV. I added a piece of 3" wide flat black wood trim behind each side of the new 50" TV where it overlapped the cabinet. This retains full use of each overhead cabinet. The 50" Samsung fits very nicely and doesn't hang as low as the original Sharp. Not in the picture, but I found some black foam corner protectors on Amazon that do a good job preventing head bangs.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8526.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	313533   Click image for larger version

Name:	New TV Mount.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	313534  

Name:	TV-new with cab doors closed.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	313535  
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #13

Thanks for all the great ideas!
Old 01-06-2021, 07:18 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
I did much the same as Vito ^^^^ but instead of adding plywood I sat the bottom of the new TV on the opening using short pieces of plumbers strap screwed to the bottom where the feet would go to hold the bottom in. There is access to the back where I used the top 2 mounting bolts to attach plumbers strap to hold the top against the opening. That was 15K miles ago.

The bottom opening is curved plus the bottom of the new TV is not inside the cabinet so the sound from the bottom speakers works well. I did add an optical to RCA adapter so I can use the surround sound but only use it if listening to something with lots of music.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B0833569-5F0E-412C-B801-052B5B76CAE7.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	313620  
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, upgrade