RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #15

My understanding is if you buy a vehicle in Arizona from a dealer you pay sales tax, from a private party no sales tax, private party may be the way to go if this is correct. I may have Arizona confused with Nevada, age is catching up to me.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
In NY on private sales, you pay no sales tax..............until you try to register it!!

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd85208 View Post
Hi Outbound, I'm concerned about the mileage on my rig, it runs great and handles great too but we travel about 8-10k mile a year and I'm wondering if it will be worth anything if we hit 100k miles. I guess my mindset is thinking about a car value dropping drastically when it goes over 100k but I think those days are gone now because the cars last a lot longer these days too!

Do you think the high mileage will make a big difference when it's time to sell her?
Your ISL Cummins is barely broke in with only 70K miles. The ISL is a million mile engine. We have a 2006 Diplomat we purchased when it was a year old and had 12,000 miles. It now has 108,000 miles and runs great. Last year we did a cylinder test with the Cummins software and all the cylinders were in the mid 90 % contribution. If you like your coach and it handles and run good I would not recommend trading it for a coach that is that close to the same. Better a devil you know than one you don't.

If you have an ISL 400 then it is likely a pre DEF engine and is a keeper unless you want to deal with buying DEF and all the problems that came with the particulate filter.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:12 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Your ISL Cummins is barely broke in with only 70K miles. The ISL is a million mile engine. We have a 2006 Diplomat we purchased when it was a year old and had 12,000 miles. It now has 108,000 miles and runs great. Last year we did a cylinder test with the Cummins software and all the cylinders were in the mid 90 % contribution. If you like your coach and it handles and run good I would not recommend trading it for a coach that is that close to the same. Better a devil you know than one you don't.

Bob
The OP is concerned with resale after he goes over 100k. It's likely that most of the DP's would go well over 100k miles. The problem is most don't drive them that much. Of the 20,000 Class A's on rvtrader about 4% have over 100k. When choosing I think most would go with less miles.
I think you are right about the devil you know. There is at least one poster recently that decided to put a new motor in his 15-20 year old MH.
I think the OP should go another year while he decides what to do.

2007 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
That's why we all love this forum. Everyone helps everyone, and I just want to say thank you to each responder, your info was very helpful. I think I will keep my 07 Monaco because as you all said... I know what I have! If some minor things need fixing I'll just have them fixed as we go along.

But I am having a hard time finding a qualified RV repair service. I've had a few over my house to fix some things and the result of their work was, to put it nicely... sub-standard.

So... If anyone knows of a good RV repair service in the Mesa, Phoenix area please let me know.

Again THANK YOU to all who responded!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd85208 View Post
That's why we all love this forum. Everyone helps everyone, and I just want to say thank you to each responder, your info was very helpful. I think I will keep my 07 Monaco because as you all said... I know what I have! If some minor things need fixing I'll just have them fixed as we go along.

But I am having a hard time finding a qualified RV repair service. I've had a few over my house to fix some things and the result of their work was, to put it nicely... sub-standard.

So... If anyone knows of a good RV repair service in the Mesa, Phoenix area please let me know.

Again THANK YOU to all who responded!
Olstrom Custom Coach in Tucson is good. Eric worked for Country Coach and works on high end coaches.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco