Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2018, 12:11 AM   #1

Aqua Hot Fan Switch

While my AH works fine - heating the water and everything around it - my "fan button" will not light and the "fan blowers" now are not working. To clarify: I don't know if its the "fans" or the "switch" itself.

1st question: I attempted to pull the decorative black switch panel off from around the switches in the kitchen that surrounds this (and other) switch. While the panel is a bit lose and movable, it didn't want to come off. I want to test the actual switch to verify the switch was getting electricity. So that I don't break the "decorative black switch panel" does it simple pull off or is there a trick to that?

2nd question: Asked once I can test the switch

Thanks
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2018, 04:43 AM   #2

The thing to remember with the fan switch is it only works when the thermostat is calling for heat. Turn the thermostat to furnace (Aqua-Hot), then turn up the temp, and then operate the fan switch. Once you turn it on it should stay where you set it. For example the fan switch in the front of our coach has 3 speeds. Hope this helps.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:41 AM   #3

You have an '06 Signature. Don't you have the Intellitec system in your coach that uses distributed keypads with buttons to operate lights, fans, slides, etc.?

The first thing I would suggest that you try is to see if the other buttons on the same keypad work properly. If they don't, either, then go to what they often call the "Salesman switch", which is the rocker switch somewhere near your entry door and turn it off and then back on. That will reset the Intellitec controller.

Try that, and then post back with what happens.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #4

This seems a bit strange. But... here it is:

1. I used the "Salesman's Switch." No change.
2. When I attempted to use the AH several nights ago, I only turned the middle and rear zones on (we have three ((3)) separate zone thermostats. Not simple "3 Zones" on one thermostat).
3. This time I again turned on middle and rear zones and moved them both up to 80 degrees. While the "lighted switch" did not turn on, the rear (bedroom) AH heat began to run, pumping out heat. So the fan for the rear zone was working without the "lighted switch" being illuminated. There was no heat coming from the middle zone.
4. I turned on the "front zone" and moved it up to 80 also. The "lighted switch" illuminated AND all three zones are pumping heat!!!!!

Ideas?!?!?!
Old 03-26-2018, 08:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
This seems a bit strange. But... here it is:

1. I used the "Salesman's Switch." No change.
2. When I attempted to use the AH several nights ago, I only turned the middle and rear zones on (we have three ((3)) separate zone thermostats. Not simple "3 Zones" on one thermostat).
3. This time I again turned on middle and rear zones and moved them both up to 80 degrees. While the "lighted switch" did not turn on, the rear (bedroom) AH heat began to run, pumping out heat. So the fan for the rear zone was working without the "lighted switch" being illuminated. There was no heat coming from the middle zone.
4. I turned on the "front zone" and moved it up to 80 also. The "lighted switch" illuminated AND all three zones are pumping heat!!!!!

Ideas?!?!?!
I reduced all of the zones to 70 degrees and as expected, the illuminated switch went off.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #6

I wish I knew more about your system. I would have thought it would have been closer to our '06 Dynasty, but it doesn't sound like it. Here is how our system works. See if you can see any similarity to your system, and maybe see where you may not be getting the results you are expecting.

We have two wall mounted thermostats. The one in the front area of the coach has one zone, and it controls the front one of three roof heat pumps and the AquaHot, and is a temperature set point, only. It tries to maintain the setpoint temperature in the living room area. It does not control the AC or diesel input to the AquaHot. It just runs whatever system you have chosen to try to keep the temperature where you want it to be.

The one in the rear area of the coach controls the rear of the three roof heat pumps, and the AquaHot, and it tries to maintain the setpoint temperature in the bedroom area. That area is set as Zone 1 on that rear thermostat.

Zone 2 on that rear thermostat controls the middle of the three roof heat pump units, and the AquaHot, and is set up to maintain the setpoint temperature in the bathroom, only. There is a little white sensor mounted on the bottom surface of the upper cupboard in the bathroom to monitor the temperature in the bathroom so that the thermostat can control to it. For the middle zone to produce heat, the AH FAN switch in the bathroom must be turned on, and left on.

The only Intellitec button controls and indicator lights associated with the rear thermostat is for the AquaHot Fan in the bathroom. When turned on, the light stays on whether the AquaHot is producing heat, or not. It merely tells you that the fan is enabled and ready to deliver warm air whenever the rear thermostat, Zone 2, call for heat in the FURNACE mode, only.

The only other Intellitec buttons and indicator lights are in the front (kitchen, on our coach) area. One of the buttons works just like the one in the bathroom, and enables the fan for the heat exchanger mounted under the kitchen cabinetry. It is illuminated whenever that front fan is set for Low, Medium or High. It is dark when the fan is not enabled. Pressing the button repeatedly toggles the setting from OFF to LOW to MEDIUM to HIGH to OFF.

The other two Intellitec buttons and indicator lights are to turn the energy sources for the AquaHot on and off. One is marked "AH DIESEL", and the other is marked "AH 110". These select which or both energy sources you want to use to heat up your AquaHot. Whichever or both of those two lights that are turned on stay illuminated continuously until they are manually turned off, regardless of whether the heating element is energized or the burner is actually running. These lights simply show what heat source you have chosen to heat up the reservoir on your AquaHot.

Your "illuminated switch" that you are referring to is a puzzle for me. We don't have any AquaHot switches that turn off or on, without our pushing the buttons, regardless of whether the thermostats are calling for heat, or not.

It almost sounds as if your system is working as intended, but I'm having a hard time tying what you are saying into what I think you should be seeing. As i said, the "lighted switch", or the "illuminated switch" is not clear to me. You might share what the lettering under that switch says, when it is illuminated. That would help.

And I really wonder if the problem with your middle zone, the bathroom, might be the Intellitec keypad switch in the bathroom.

Again, we look forward to what you share. It sounds like you are getting close to being able to control your system. Hopefully it will turn out to be cockpit error, and not hardware failure.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:45 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
On my coach, the front thermostat controls the lighted multi speed fan switch that you are talking about. The bedroom thermostat controls the bathroom zone and the bedroom zone. Sometimes if I just have the electric on, no zones will come on when on furnace. I push the diesel button for the AquaHot and all zones fire up and work perfect. Later, if I shut the diesel side off, then the zones will all still work just using the electric side of the AquaHot. I have never understood why I have to turn the diesel on to get the zones all working only to have them all work like they should have by just choosing the electric side of the AquaHot. I just know that is the way it works and it has been that way for the 5 years I have owned this coach.

Tags
fan, switch