Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
(Do Not go for the black digital one... they ain't worth spit for the older systems.)

RV Hydronic Heater Forum
or

https://heatmyrv.com/

We had to replace our AH100-01S unit. It was replaced with the AH100-02S. The new unit came with the silver controller. This failed within two months. The service tech (and aquahot) told us the silver unit was the older version and they put in a black digital controller. This unit has worked perfectly for the last four years. Our unit is an 02 Monaco also
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2018, 12:13 AM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
We had to replace our AH100-01S unit. It was replaced with the AH100-02S. The new unit came with the silver controller. This failed within two months. The service tech (and aquahot) told us the silver unit was the older version and they put in a black digital controller. This unit has worked perfectly for the last four years. Our unit is an 02 Monaco also
Yup, they no longer make the silver box so you have to get a rebuilt one.
The black box there has been quite a high rate of failures, but they are working on that issue.. or so they say..
I went thru 3 of the black boxes before I went back to the rebuilt silver one.. so far so good.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:58 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Mike,

Mike, I assume that after shutting off the AC and letting it cool, the diesel blower runs for 20-30 seconds without igniting. If that is the case, then the attached may help.

As Saddlesore said, it could be the blue (lower temp limit) thermostat (upper left). Before jumpering it, remove the leads and do a continuity test. While you are in there, check the connectors. I've had to fix defective crimps.

Cheers,
Old 05-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have the 100-04S (so maybe the 02S is different), but don't you have a control box in the storage bay with the Aqua Hot unit that has the diagnostic lights on it? If so, are the status lights "green/On"?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	203932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	203933  

CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
I have the 100-04S (so maybe the 02S is different), but don't you have a control box in the storage bay with the Aqua Hot unit that has the diagnostic lights on it? If so, are the status lights "green/On"?

The problem with the Aquahot panel is that it provides very little help in troubleshooting the diesel burner controller in your parts diagram. These fail and are difficult to troubleshoot. I replaced our silver with a black it was DOA so had to get a second and so far been working fine.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #20

Mike
Yes yours is different than mine. Mine does,'t have a switch panel like yours or the controller with the lights. It is interesting that in my manual it shows a switch panel like that. Mine has a large rocker switch with the light built in to start on diesel. Next to it has a standard size rocker for electric hot water. No light built in.

Also I under stand & my manual shows that it takes standard automotive coolant.
MTK46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same lighted switch setup you describe in the cabin (one set under kitchen counter, and one set in bathroom) but I don't seem to have the black or grey box that is mentioned - as far as I know, just the control panel/box in the Agua Hot bay.

Good luck figuring this out.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK46 View Post
Mike
Yes yours is different than mine. Mine does,'t have a switch panel like yours or the controller with the lights. It is interesting that in my manual it shows a switch panel like that. Mine has a large rocker switch with the light built in to start on diesel. Next to it has a standard size rocker for electric hot water. No light built in.

Also I under stand & my manual shows that it takes standard automotive coolant.

I have the AH100-02S and it calls for
"Boiler Fluid". I use the Pink fluid.
Just make sure you maintain the proper level in the expansion tank.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I have the same lighted switch setup you describe in the cabin (one set under kitchen counter, and one set in bathroom) but I don't seem to have the black or grey box that is mentioned - as far as I know, just the control panel/box in the Agua Hot bay.

The "black or grey box" that is being referenced is the controller. It is attached to the diesel burner unit.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #24

Quote:

Mike I think you might of answered a question I had about a switch I have in my bathroom. It just says heat under it & I could never figure out what it did.
Only diesel switch is like yours under the kitchen counter.
I've never counted all the switches my MH has. My guess is over 25.
Wife started to label most in the bedroom as Monaco's label is small & hard to read.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #25

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
I have the AH100-02S and it calls for
"Boiler Fluid". I use the Pink fluid.
Just make sure you maintain the proper level in the expansion tank.
Our 100-02s also uses regular anti-freeze..I swapped it out and now use NAPA "Orange" O.A.T. anti-freeze...(same as my gen set)

All the later "Updated" models use boiler fluid as the boiler internal configuration is different than the earlier models...
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:20 PM   #26

My thermostats work fine I have fuel, seems like I have no spark.
Vacation is in another week & not going any place I'll need heat in the coach. As the electric for hot water is working I'm not concerned with the diesel end of the Aquat Hot before vacation. Once I get back & weather cools down here in the desert I'll check out the spark problem.

Tags
light