Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2020, 07:23 PM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tell your husband to turn on all zones, and feel the hoses for heat on each side of the valves. If he finds one is warm on the inlet side of the valve, cold on the outlet side, give the valve a couple of sharp bangs with something like a screwdriver handle.
Want to free up the stuck valve, without breaking it !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #16

I'm guessing it had just enough fluid to keep that one zone running for awhile, then the low coolant switch shut it down.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:50 AM   #17

You have probably fixed the problem that was keeping your AquaHot from staying "on-line". Yay!

In your (and our) vintage coach with the AHE100-04 unit the electric heating element can supply about the amount of heat energy as a typical portable space heater, and it uses that energy to heat a reservoir of fluid. That reservoir is the heat source for two things, your space heating and your domestic hot water.

That amount of energy will likely keep up with any hot water demands you will place on it for showers, bathing, dish washing, etc. it will also likely keep up with heating at least your zone 2 on your rear thermostat which should be your bath/toilet room. If you try to heat much more than that on the 110V only, the reservoir will start to cool a bit and your hot water and space heating will suffer. Remember, your AquaHot on 110V is capable of delivering about 1400 watts worth of power.

If you have one zone delivering heat (fan or fans running) and another that is delivering cold air (fan or fans running), then there is a zone pump circulation problem most likely related to either the non-performing zones pump or its check valve or the control board.

Hang in there! You are gaining on getting it all working. The AHE 100-04 really is a very good system. It's served us well, with minimal problems, for nearly 15 years.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:47 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Danhogg if you are in Ft. Lupton, Colorado you are right next to the resident Aqua Hot expert who works on Aqua Hots. The AH factory is in Fredrick, CO and his shop is next door. He will come to you to fix it. John Carrillo is his name and # 970.518.3085...

www://heatmyrv.com/

He has fixed mine in Golden, CO. before......

Good luck
Dave
Old 04-02-2020, 07:21 AM   #19

My aquahot had the light go off after 1 minute of trying to start. I have to hit the blower end to bump the motor to fire. Think it has a flat spot. Ordered a new motor. Sone days i hit it 3 or 4 times. Other days it's fine. Also low fluid will give a no start too.
Old 04-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #20

Aqua Hot is closed. I called last week before they closed and they refused any pick up or delivery. We have it working off and on. As long as I don't turn on the furnace for the kitchen, living room we have hot water and heat. Still think it's the circulation pump. But as I said before Aqua hot is closed. So that's no help. Also hoping it's not the motor it self. Can't afford for a tech to come out. The brother in law is a rv tech and has been since he was 16 and is in his 60's now. But he won't come out and look at it even though he's off for a month. Irritating to say the least. He is supposedly looking around for a circulation pump. Oh well. Hopefully we can get parts once Aqua hot opens back up. Until then I guess we'll just keep trying to limp/baby it through. Thank you all for the help and advice. I truly appreciate it.
Danhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #21

Husband got ahold of John and we were able to get parts from him. Thank goodness. The blower sounded like it was struggling to work so we will end up replacing motor and pump. This has gotten to be a very expensive ordeal. Thank you everyone for all the help and advice. It has been very much appreciated.
Danhogg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqua hot