Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Your AH will not fire if the fuel tank is below 1/4.
Same as the genset.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2016, 03:16 PM   #30

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Hmmm, are you sure the pickup is at a quarter of a tank on a Signature. Seen nothing in the owners manual that it is. I wonder why they put a water separator on the filter.
If Monaco installed a water separating filter, rather than a standard fuel oil filter, in your Sig, mabe your pickup does reach the bottom of your tank.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
Your AH will not fire if the fuel tank is below 1/4.
Same as the genset.

How much fuel do you have.

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:33 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
asheville
This PDF file will walk you thru the testing steps for the complete system. There is a troubleshooting flow chart starting on Section 7 Page 16 for the procedures.

Section 7.1 is for the diesel burner and section 7.10 is for the Aqua-Hot’s 120 VAC part.

The last link is a parts list

Sorry if I sent this to you earlier in a pm massage to you and if it did not help you.
Wasn't sure you got it.

http://www.aquahot.com/aquahot.com/m..._C_05-2014.pdf

http://www.aquahot.com/eSource/ecom/...MANUALRevB.pdf

Curt
05 Sig
Old 02-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
I filled up yesterday, so that rules out fuel level, new radiator cap did not help. I've narrowed it down to high limit thermostate last night but too cold to go check today!!will post back. Thanks for information curt, no I did not get that earlier

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Update and confused as ever!! I've determined I have no 110 power to relay. Double pole breaker in main panel, 15 amp labeled instant hot & heater block, heater block pulls 10 amps per Aladdin but instant hot does not heat. 20amp part of breaker labeled hot water. Replaced breaker, still no power to relay on Aqua hot????

Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Wiring diagram shows " junction box" , what does it look like? And where is it?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:27 AM   #36

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
'Heater Block' .... Is this your electric engine block heater?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
yes, although it shows 10 amp draw it does not heat very well
Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #38

ashville. The heater element switch is 12 volts and it activates a relay under what is my sink floor that turns on 110 volts to the Aqua Hot electric heating element. The 110 wires going into that relay box on my Sig came loose and I had to tighten them up.

Did you check the circuit breaker in the panel with a voltmeter to see if 110 coming out of it to that relay box? Where are you checking to see that you have no 110 volts at the relay?

The Insta Hot has a reset button on it under the sink.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
My relay box is mounted on side of Aqua hot covering the high limit switch. Roger told me to check both terminals on relay for 110 , then check for 110 at heating element, if none at element then I had a bad high limit switch. But I do not have 110 at relay. I'm not good with volt meter, but I went into main breaker box and poked around, placed my black lead on ground terminal and red lead on hot water breaker terminal, can't get 120 volts so I changed out breaker, still can't get any voltage. I just don't know what I'm doing with s voltmeter.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Rear engine road side there is a plug for Heaterblock, it was plugged in and I got a 120 volt reading on that breaker when the breaker switch was turned off only? Guess it was back feeding?

Old 02-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheville View Post
Rear engine road side there is a plug for Heaterblock, it was plugged in and I got a 120 volt reading on that breaker when the breaker switch was turned off only? Guess it was back feeding?

This "block heater" is not at all related to the Aqua-Hot. The 110 VAC block heater is just that, an electric element inside the coolant passage of the engine itself and is fed by a different electrical supply than the Aqua-Hot.

The Aqua-Hot portion of the engine heating system is a switch on the dash usually labeled "ENGINE HEAT", different than the switch labeled "BLOCK HEATER". The "engine heat" switch will enable a circulating pump to circulate hot engine coolant that is inductively heated by the Aqua-Hot boiler tank and circulates this engine coolant through the diesel engine for pre-heating. It is not the same glycol that is used by the Aqua-Hot boiler and circulated throughout the coach for heat at the remote registers.

There is a sequence of operation that you must know and understand in order to determine exactly what is not taking place when it should. There is a very good Sequence of Operation section in the manual that will explain exactly what should be taking place and when.

Upon first reading this I was thinking it was a common Klixon (hi-temp thermistor) that was causing both the electric and the diesel to think they were satisfied. But after your last post about the electric I think there may be some confusion as to where your 110VAC circuit is feeding into your Aqua-Hot. The older systems use a four Klixon system, a low temp and a high temp for each of the two systems, diesel and AC. The newer systems use a three Klixon system a high for each but a common low. I much prefer the old style, but that is just my opinion.

There will be a separate cover that states 110VAC electrical connection and that is where you want to confirm you have power. If not look upstream towards your breaker panel or relay/switch area. The separate switch for AC (electric) in your galley will usually be next to the diesel switch and activate a relay as the load side will be 110VAC and the control side of that switch will be 12VDC.

All that said, I have seen the igniter module act very similar to what you are describing on a diesel "no fire" condition after the fuel pump runs and primes the system and then shuts down. But before investigating that much further you should really determine if you actually do have a 110VAC issue or are merely confusing the 110VAC system with the block heater and chasing the wrong circuit.

I hope that makes sense and I hope I understood you correctly.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, yes I understand they are seperate systems. They both operate off the same double pole breaker, heat block 15 amp and water heater 20 amp. I thought maybe the 15 amp side was working and 20 amp side was not, so I changed the breaker out. Somehow I'm not getting 110 to relay??? I just tried to find reset button on instant hot and found no power to that outlet either. I'm looking for that junction box

« Shocks | New member »