Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2018, 05:10 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Aqua Hot quit! Need help.

We bought our first Class A a few months ago. (2006 Monaco Executive) Love the coach and will love it more when we get some issues worked out. We are now in Branson, MO and when we arrived our Aqua Hot would not heat the water. We have been using it on 110V most of the time but now it seems nothing will work, diesel won't light and seems it gets the water slightly warm. Checked everything my limited knowledge allows ans everything seems OK. Haven't had any luck getting a mobile repair to look at it. Any suggestions??
MiltonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonBob View Post
We bought our first Class A a few months ago. (2006 Monaco Executive) Love the coach and will love it more when we get some issues worked out. We are now in Branson, MO and when we arrived our Aqua Hot would not heat the water. We have been using it on 110V most of the time but now it seems nothing will work, diesel won't light and seems it gets the water slightly warm. Checked everything my limited knowledge allows ans everything seems OK. Haven't had any luck getting a mobile repair to look at it. Any suggestions??
MiltonBob,

Congratulations on your recent acquisition!!

Do you know when the last time the AquaHot was serviced?
Do you have wiring schematics?

When you checked everything, what investigations did you perform?

In the meantime, check the fuse in the front run bay underneath the driver’s seat, it may be blown.

You stated that the 110 volt switch does not work also. There is an electrical interference somewhere it seems.

Also, check out the link below:

RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home

Let us know what you find out.
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:00 AM   #3

Try this link:

http://www.aquahot.com/files/service..._C_05-2014.pdf

Our '06 Dynasty has the AHE-100-04S in it. Your Exec may, as well. If not, try this link and download the service manual for the model that you have.

Aqua-Hot Manuals

Section 7 has a great troubleshooting guide for your unit. There is a panel, likely on the passenger side of your coach, immediately in front of your drive axle, that has LED's that give you the status of your unit. I had such a hard time seeing the LED's thru the little lenses that I removed the panel, and remounted it beside the actual control unit. It is now easy to see the LED's.

Good luck! The AquaHot is an awesome system, but it will take some experience with it to learn how to best use it for your lifestyle. If you're handy with basic tools, you should be able to maintain it and repair it, in many cases, as well.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:02 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Are there any light on at the Aquahot status board (usually located next to the AquaHot unit). I'm not sure what model you have - this pic is from my manual for the AHE-100-04 model. There is a low voltage reset on the panel - if that is the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AquaHot Controller board.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	216577  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:55 AM   #5

Hi Jim & Kathy,

I've had problems in the Branson area, and used Steve's RV. They did a good job for me. Their phone # is 417-839-4675
jakestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #6

Jim & Kathy, I posted the wrong ph # for Steve's RV. Sorry

the right # is 417-839-4657
jakestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
There is a panel, likely on the passenger side of your coach, immediately in front of your drive axle, that has LED's that give you the status of your unit. I had such a hard time seeing the LED's thru the little lenses that I removed the panel, and remounted it beside the actual control unit. It is now easy to see the LED's.
Good tip on the LED lights. Mine are barely visible too. The LED lights are mounted to the circuit board and the panel cover is mounted an inch or two off the circuit board so it is hard to see the LED through the cover (you need to look directly into the panel).

Last time I looked, I could see the lights on the board better looking through the panel to board gap - than seeing the lights looking through the face plate/panel cover.

I plan to remount mine too so it is facing the bay door opening (rather than sitting against the bay wall). Then I will have a straight view of the LED lights.

AquaHot should have put a little cardboard tubes over each LED light so they would seal against the backside of the face plate/cover.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:09 AM   #8

Aqua Hot quit! Need help.

Make sure whoever you get is a certified AH tech. My status board is on the bay ceiling and difficult to read. I prop my phone on a box, close the bay door and record video while I run it through it’s paces.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can also call AH's service desk - I've used the techs to help me diagnose and fix issues.

Need to Talk to Aqua-Hot?
If you have a technical or other question, contact the Aqua-Hot Service Department at 800-685-4298.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:02 PM   #10

If your 110 volt heater has water at programmed temperature your aqua hot will not start, turn off your 110 electric heater, run hot water until temperature starts to cool then try aqua hot, hopefully it will start.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Branson Motorcoach is an Aquahot authorized service center.

Phone
417-336-5935
Address
2652 Shepherd of the Hills Expy, Branson, MO 65616
Old 08-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #12

Low voltage rest button need to be pressed? Is the light on?
Pezetel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #13

Hi there, CountryB

What I did was remove the front panel from the compartment's removable partition, and then just moved it about 10" to the left and re-mounted it. I used the right two holes in the front panel to secure it to the left two holes in the control board mounting bracket. Then I used the two screws that were left over to re-secure the right side of the control board back to the compartment's removable partition.

I'm a bit color challenged, so it really helps me. And with it being directly side by side with the control board, it's a cake walk to see what's going on. PLUS, I have easy access to the "Reset" button and to the terminal strips for troubleshooting, which I do find myself having to do, from time to time. So it's a win-win.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
need help