Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2023, 12:56 PM   #1

Aqua Hot service in Quartzite

Unfortunately John Carrillo no longer provides mobile service. He sticks to Colorado. I needed a maintenance service. Found a company from Arkansas that is in the Q area for awhile. De Gerald services. 501 258 8426. I called yesterday at 9 am and the tech arrived at my campsite in Brenda before 11. Great service. We have model 600 and there is a recall on a rubber sleeve
He fixed that and did a complete service. I would recommend them. They also go to a number of rallies.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2023, 02:15 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
We have model 600 and there is a recall on a rubber sleeve
That thin rubber boot that is hose clamped to the Webasto intake, and goes thru the floor for combustion air?
Old 01-18-2023, 06:31 PM   #3

Yes that is the piece. Rubber sleeve and clamp. The sleeve is very loose
Apparently ot restricts the air intake. He also removed the top sheet metal box. Told me that the computer box gets hot. If your Monaco has that big plastic front in the AH bay he covered the top of the box mounted to the sheet . He stated that there have been problems on Monacos with water intrusion. Covered the opening with Gorilla tape. My AH is quieter and sounds different. He gave me a lecture about not doing a regular service
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 01-18-2023, 07:00 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Yes that is the piece. Rubber sleeve and clamp. The sleeve is very loose
Apparently ot restricts the air intake. He also removed the top sheet metal box. Told me that the computer box gets hot.
Ha!

I knew it!

That's why they are asking owners to remove that rubber sleeve! Nothing to do with it 'possibly' collapsing. There is not enough cool air getting into the front section of the unit, and the heat buildup is frying control units!

They probably couldn't keep up with replacing overheated control units, still under warrantee!
Old 01-18-2023, 08:45 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Unfortunately John Carrillo no longer provides mobile service. He sticks to Colorado. I needed a maintenance service. Found a company from Arkansas that is in the Q area for awhile. De Gerald services. 501 258 8426. I called yesterday at 9 am and the tech arrived at my campsite in Brenda before 11. Great service. We have model 600 and there is a recall on a rubber sleeve
He fixed that and did a complete service. I would recommend them. They also go to a number of rallies.
If you don't mind how much does he charge for an annual service. Thank you, Don.
DiplomatDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:24 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for posting this this guys number as he help me think of what my issue was and it's now fixed
Tim
Old 01-22-2023, 05:46 PM   #7

Glad to be of help. The fellow that worked on mine was excellent
2009 Silverado Toad
Old 01-27-2023, 09:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Had my Aqua Hot serviced today by these folks and they came within an hour of my calling them. Very pleased with their work.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:38 PM   #9

I've used him and son a couple of times when at FMCA South Central rallies. Very knowledgeable and professional. I will use again when my travel schedule matches his.

Tags
aqua hot, service