Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I have 2008 Dynasty, trying to figure out Zones for Aqua Hot, Thermostadt reads as follows-
1. Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump, Furnace
2. Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump, Furnace
3. Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump, Furnace
4. Fan Only, Cool, Furnace
I'm trying to figure out which Zone Heats the water Bay, & If it's zone 4, Why does it say Cool on Thermostadt?.
Any assistance will be appreciated!.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have 2008 Dynasty, trying to figure out Zones for Aqua Hot, Thermostadt reads as follows-
1. Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump, Furnace
2. Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump, Furnace
3. Fan Only, Cool, Heat Pump, Furnace
4. Fan Only, Cool, Furnace
I'm trying to figure out which Zone Heats the water Bay, & If it's zone 4, Why does it say Cool on Thermostadt?.
Any assistance will be appreciated!.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Mine has two options, ON and OFF, so this may not be relative. There is a thermostat located in the tank compartment which operates a small fan which warms the tank area.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #4

I believe your water bay heat is on a separate thermostat located in the bay. It operates independently from your coach thermostats. Check your owners manual. The zones are for the coach. We have a HR Imperial and that is the way it works. But I could be wrong of course.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #5

I don't have my wiring diagrams with me but if I remember correctly it said on there what one the basement was connected with. Unless your talking about the little heater in the water bay, it just has an on/off switch.

Carl
Old 04-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
DCTENT...
Which Dynasty floorplan do you have?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Too -MonacoMama, We have Nottingham 1V Interior.
Too- Ioranimal, Yes, I'm talking about the little heater in the water bay compartment, Where Is The On & Off switch?.
TOO Oh-One, You are probably correct that it has a seperate heating system for the water bay other than that little Heater, HOWEVER, I did some expermenting Yesterday & When I Tried All 4 Zones the Heater would feel warm to the touch, Not enough to keep water bay warm in winter Months & The Heater does not have a fan that I could See, Nor did I hear a fan running in Water Bay, SO I DON'T Know what's going on!!!!
Got LOTS to learn!
Thanks Too All!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DCTENT:
Too -MonacoMama, We have Nottingham 1V Interior.
Too- Ioranimal, Yes, compartment, Where Is The On & Off switch?.
TOO Oh-One, You are probably correct
Got LOTS to learn!
Thanks Too All! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure do got lots to learn. First thing is to not ignore the Redneck from Alabama.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #9

My On/Off switch is on the control panel with all the other switchs in the hallway. It sez "System Heat" and a light for when it's active. Mine lasted less then a month. Replaced it myself with one from the dealer.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:07 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The "zones" listed on the thermostat are for interior coach settings. The coach must have 3 A/Cs because it lists heat pump on three of the selections. Each "zone" temp can be set individually but on our Imperial it must be all set for the same function (furnace etc) for that function to work in other zones. Example, I had one of the zones (bathroom) set on furnace and the roof A/C wouldn't come on in the coach.
There are two ways to heat the storage areas, one is the "System Heat" function mentioned before and the heater in the "water works" area. Your manual will tell you all about those. Also, the thermostat controls the bay heater so the fan isn't always on. Again refer to the manual for the locations and settings for these devices.
You and that manual need to become bosom buddies!
Ron
Old 05-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RonNBama:

You sure do got lots to learn. First thing is to not ignore the Redneck from Alabama. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Man... are you right about that Bama...don't these newbies know that not only are you one of 'Mama's favorites' ...but you also are full of great info along with that built in charm, wit and you know how to use that Sawzall!
Ok.. Bama has been a little busy out actually enjoying his rig...so he hasn't been on the forum as often...but I am telling all you newbies ... give 'Bama some respect here... he usually does keep us in stitches...plus he knows stuff!

MM

Old 05-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
OK!OK! ALL-READY, GEEEEZ, Ya Think I would get a little MORE respect being a newbie!!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DCTENT:
OK!OK! ALL-READY, GEEEEZ, Ya Think I would get a little MORE respect being a newbie!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>All in good fun DCTENT... I will always kid with everyone here...including the newbies...otherwise...everyone would think I didn't like them...besides...I may aske you to teach me how to play golf one day!

MM

Old 05-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
I Took It In Fun, I don't believe you want Me too teach you about Golf, HAVE'nt Broke 100 Yet!!!!