Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2018, 11:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
I have another thread here about my last experience with my 100 04S. In my case it was a bad fan motor. Seemed fine out of the unit, but it would produce a lot of smoke.

The test that caused me to give up and buy a new one was I ran it off a 12v supply out of the coach and when I held motor stem between my fingers I could slow it down to a stop.

New motor and it has been working like a charm. BTW, when it was running rich it melted the aluminum casting at the base of the combustion tube - it provides a swirling motion to the air and fuel mix. Pictures on my other thread.
Here is the thread with pictures (YIKES!) - http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/more...ot-398223.html
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
AquaHot 100 04S

Hi Jim, got my board from John Carrillo... not too bad, especially for getting hot water back! ($199) and comfortable heat in the coach when outside temperatures got down to 40F.

Ben mention an air swirler which I didn’t give much thought as I thought it was incorporated into the exhaust system. I then had my my doubts.

Went to Johns site and discovered the 04S does use one. But looks like a separate part. Which I don’t remember seeing. I’ll take it apart again tomorrow to see what I have.

I know you have this Work done, posting this for any of your thoughts and anyone else.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #17

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Swirler should come out with the burner tube. It's attached by 4 screws.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Swirler should come out with the burner tube. It's attached by 4 screws.
Indeed, if you look at the pictures on my link there is a picture of the swirler and you can see three of the four screws. The swirler melted and the molten aluminum settled down over the fourth screw. I also include lower in the thread a picture of the parts from a part supplier (I had already installed the new combustion chamber and swirler when I took the pictures so couldn't show a comparison of the melted and new part).

All that damage was caused by the fan failing to force enough air into the chamber allowing the heat to build up. It is odd because a rich condition in an internal combustion engine will cause lower cylinder temperatures and a lean condition will cause excess heat. In the case of an external combustion chamber the opposite seems to be true.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote