RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2020, 08:02 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Aquahot question

I have been getting my heat working. Got my pumps pumping to all locations. The blower is the kitchen is not blowing. The unit is getting hot but no fan. The light for the 3 speed fan is lit. Is there a fuse somewhere? Don’t know what else to look for. This is a 2007 executive.
Harleytoter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2020, 12:08 AM   #2

You should be able to access each AH heating unit with fan, some of mine under cabinet have floor panel that pulls up. Use 12v test light on fan wires. You'll need a scrap of wire to ground clamp. If you have power to light the bulb ,then fan should work. Mine are single speed squirrel cage fans, speed tuned with a ballast resistor. Each group of fans are on a fuse in AH cabinet.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:54 AM   #3

That is a 3-way switch and it works only when the thermostat is calling for heat. And yes, there should be a fuse for it in your multiplex modules, mine are in the rear bedroom closet.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:06 AM   #4

Without the exact model unit and some diagrams anything less would be a guessing game.

That said most of what you will find as far as fuses relays and controls will be located inside the aqua-hot unit itself located in the belly of the beast IMC.

When you pull the cover off the unit you see something similar to this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_pe.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	309568

When my unit did what you describe I removed the unit cover and again this is what you will see or very similar.

I tested the fuses and they were all were good ..... Hmmm?

Then I started grabing and wiggling connections and all seemed fine, then I pushed on all the relays ( yellow arrows ) and Yahtzee! ...I here the fan come on.

The relays all were loose in their receptacles.

They have spring steel retainers that had most of their tension and allowed the relays to wiggle around and become loose in their receptacles.

I pulled all the relays checked for signs of overheated connections and their was none, so I tweaked the retainers clips a bit to hold the relays firmly back in place and all is well 2 years later.

These coaches take a beating as far as shock and vibration and are very prone to loose connections over time.

Happy Hunting
Old 11-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Now that you have the 3 speed multiplex switch light on, it’s either a fuse on a multiplex relay board or the fan motor. I would check for power at the motor. I carry a small 12V battery which powers some outside led lights and comes in handy for troubleshooting/ powering 12V items.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
It was definitely the fan motor. Had power on all three settings got it to turn one time before she gave up. I was able to find the complete fan assembly as well as a motor only. I went ahead and ordered both with Black Friday discount and free shipping was cheaper to get both. Finditparts.com has nearly any part you need.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1619.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	310508Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1620.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	310509

Was able to get the new blower on the kitchen heat exchanger this weekend. Tight working area. Removed the two lower drawers and the middle cabinet facer between those drawers. Cut wires and splice new unit, reattach to the heat exchanger and presto, 3 speeds air from the three vents.

I also purchased a motor only and built a backup unit. findit parts.com is an excellent source. You do need to know what you are looking for. I had previously purchased airbags for $124 each and they have discount codes and loyalty program.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:45 PM   #8

Relays are available at Grangers if you ever need one.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote