Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2021, 02:51 PM   #1

AquaHot will not turn off

1999 Monaco Dynasty with AquaHot in basement. Where in this great big world is the switch panel. The info book shows a panel with three switches to control the fuel type and something I don't remember. Went into my shop and smelled something odd, thought my neighbor might have lite off his BBQ. Today it is running again.

Can somebody please tell me where Monaco put the danged panel? Please.

LargCar
1LargeCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2021, 04:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My AH panel is clearly visible in the kitchen. Yours is no doubt different, but should be easily accessible. You might turn off the thermostat or find your battery disconnects and turn them off. This might shut down the AH till you can find the diesel switch.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is also in the kitchen on the side of a cabinet by the sink. Two switches. One is for the electric element and the big rocker switch is for the diesel burner. Make sure your Furness is turned off in the front and back of your coach.

Tim
Old 05-09-2021, 11:10 AM   #4

Mine is simple switch panel larger AH power switch and smaller elect. element switch to left under sink.
The AH is diesel right?
The LP smell is probably second issue. Gas valve should be full open or closed there seat for both but stem packing may be leaking and can be tightened. Most tanks have a hose right after tank prone to degrade after many years. Spray bottle with dish soap and water or kids bubbles and start spraying all LP connections, regulator diaphragm , hoses, valves.
EDIT. I reread title and post.....it will no turn off... There should be a main 12v fuse if anything . I would imagine there is a smell if AH is running they burn clean but still have a smell.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the information. I do have the two switches mentioned by plugs and timaz. I guess my problem was looking for a three switch panel referenced in the owners manual. I will check the switches in the kitchen to make sure they are functioning correctly. On is for the water heater and the other single rocker must be for the AH. I appreciate everybody's help.

Ps. I did disconnect all power to kill the AH.

Thanks
LC
1LargeCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:07 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The small switch is for electric and the large one with the light in it is the diesel burner. The AQ does both hot water and heat the coach...no separation between the two. Just the use of the thermostat. You may have a relay in the AQ sticking that won't shut it down. Happened to me.

Tim