Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #155

I did just read on the HWH website faq that if you have kickdown jacks that you could drive off of them forward or backward and not damage the jacks. I have an appt on Friday to have some adjustments done before heading out on vaca so i will have them checked.

The cg that we are going to had level pads so in the event they were damaged I guess I could just dump the air out of the bags to camp for the five days we will be there. Praying nothing is broken.
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #156

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Angry Damn jacks

It is always something.
Well I wish you guys a nice holiday anyway.
kees boode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #157

I guess RUNDLC is having fun camping with or without functional jacks. Haha! Let us know the result of the inspection will ya?
GA Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Navigator View Post
I guess RUNDLC is having fun camping with or without functional jacks. Haha! Let us know the result of the inspection will ya?
Hey Ga Nav,, yes I am on vacation, my repair guy said he could not find anything wrong with the jacks, they worked fine for him the first time, but not the second. When we arrived in Pismo the jacks were acting pretty wierd. They would not level correctly so I used the manual overides to make it somewhat level. The next day we moved to a different site, decided to try it again and the auto feature worked perfectly! What the sam hill?? It looks like I will be dealing with this for a bit. I will see how she acts when we get home.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNDLC View Post
Hey Ga Nav,, yes I am on vacation, my repair guy said he could not find anything wrong with the jacks, they worked fine for him the first time, but not the second. When we arrived in Pismo the jacks were acting pretty wierd. They would not level correctly so I used the manual overides to make it somewhat level. The next day we moved to a different site, decided to try it again and the auto feature worked perfectly! What the sam hill?? It looks like I will be dealing with this for a bit. I will see how she acts when we get home.
I find that my auto level is not very precise or consistent. I adjusted the sensor one time a while back and that helped a lot but it's still not perfect. I usually do a bathroom door test and tweak the level manually until the door will stay anywhere I put it without drifting open or closed.
I'm glad there was no damage to yours. Have fun!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #160

RUNDLC:
Back on jan 10th you asked for pics of my hydraulic cooler replacement. Hare goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1732536033.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	445.4 KB
ID:	56668
Old 02-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #161

The new cooler was a little shorter and bolt spacing was closer. Also the mounting tabs were pretty much flush with the back and the oem tabs were centered in depth.

Name:	image-2868488110.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	56669

I used some aluminum flat bar to bridge the difference.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #162

Because of the mounting tabs being flush with the back of the cooler instead of centered, it caused interference with the Primus heat exchanger. I drilled new holes and used some nuts as spacers to hold the heat exchanger up and outboard enough to clear the hyd cooler.

Name:	image-1624621000.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	460.0 KB
ID:	56672

This is a liquid to liquid exchanger that transfers heat from engine coolant to the house heat system or the other way around to preheat engine.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #163

Thanks Ga
I guess that explains why I didn't quite know what you were talking about. I don't have the primas system.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #164

windnoise topic??

During our trip I was having to deal with wind noise on the side window near the drivers side Has anyone else dealt with this issue? What was the fix just silicone around rubber seal?

Another issue is I had to try and seal the front windshield with some caulking on the fly. Has anyone ever replaced the rubber seal and or glass?
Old 02-24-2014, 06:38 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNDLC View Post
During our trip I was having to deal with wind noise on the side window near the drivers side Has anyone else dealt with this issue? What was the fix just silicone around rubber seal?

Another issue is I had to try and seal the front windshield with some caulking on the fly. Has anyone ever replaced the rubber seal and or glass?
RUN,

I replaced both windshields and ultimately the rubber seal around both... or should I say I paid someone to do it. It's a long boring story, but after the replacement I discover that one of the windshields was defective (de-laminating), and the upper left corner of the gasket kept popping out. this caused it to leak when it rained.

The defective windshield was replace under warranty. The installer determined that the old rubber seal was defective and that's why it kept popping out. It was visibly distorted up in that left corner. I opted to replace it, paid for out of my pocket. $425.

The glass and rubber gaskets were sourced through Duncan Systems Glass. A local auto/RV glass repair shop did the work. Replacing the rubber gasket did the trick. I've had no more popping out issues, and it is water tight.

Now... after going through all those cycles, last summer on a trip down to south Texas, the compartment door in front of the driver's side wheel flew open while going down the road. I was on a deserted road so I immediately pulled over to the shoulder. Well the shoulder was a lot more uneven than it looked, and as soon as the front wheel rolled off the road onto the gravel shoulder, the right windshield cracked!

Oh well... that's the nature of these things. I'll wait until it gets a little more beat up then I'll replace it again.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:48 PM   #166

96 Nav 400 Harley Davidson Ed.

So do any of you know what the Harley Davidson edition means if anything?
Sdscustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdscustomz View Post
So do any of you know what the Harley Davidson edition means if anything?
Maybe it has no muffler and vibrates alot.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:54 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Navigator View Post
Maybe it has no muffler and vibrates alot.
Ha Ha Ha- In all seriousness though, I know that HR was owned for a short while by Harley, I just dont know what the HD package entailed
Sdscustomz is offline   Reply With Quote