Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #183

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE!!!

After much searching, I found the oem company that actually made all these oem psnels
, they of course have no parts but directed me to this company.

Accessories

They have the EL lights too!!
Now the question is, go with them since they do this. The sales person says that they would replace any or all of our panels, gauges etc. each person can contact Mac, he says to email him the pics of which panels you want to replace. So what say you all?
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #184

Home Page
Old 03-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #185

Just got off the phone with Mac, the cost to remake the AC panel with the EL illumination lights is 75.00! I think that's a pretty good deal. I just sent pics of all my panels and will talk to him shortly.

He told me someone else from the forum called him already too
Old 03-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #186

Monaco Owners Club
Nice detective work!

Keep us posted as to price, availability and quality.
I am still leaning towards woodgrain, but spring will be here soon and may just
say screw it and hit the road.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #187

95-96 nav 400's

Ive been on a hunt for a bit for a coach and really would like a clean 95-96 Nav 400. I need it to have opposing couches in leather. any leads would be appreciated
Sdscustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #188

1995 Holiday Rambler Navigator MUST GO

Not sure if it's still for sale but looks like a good but!
Old 04-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #189

Need switch wiring help

Can someone please post a pic of the rocker switch colors for the Gen, Gen preheat & radio.
There are two wires that I can't figure out. The wires are black and brown but I can't remember if they go to the generator or preheat switch. Can someone please help?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #190

RUNDL,

Sorry for the slow response. Hope I'm not too late to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1082.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	60189   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1084.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	60190  

Name:	DSCN1085.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	60191   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1086.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	60192  

Name:	DSCN1087.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	60193  
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #191

So does this mean you purchased some panels from "Mac" at Custom Instrument panels.

If so, I need some details and pics of the product.

Please share!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:16 PM   #192

Thanks VT! Yes I am having 4 panels redone, ac, radio and both small ones that house the switches. I am waiting for a price. He received my parts yesterday was hoping for a call today. Will post as soon as I get them back.

I wanted to go fancy but my dw wasnt agreeing so I just am gonna have them done in gloss black.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #193

Ok guys and gals, I just received my new panels from Mac. They look to be well made, the one issue is that he was not able to provide the color artwork as shown in the pic. I will have to figure that out on my own if it is to look exact. Mac did explain that to me prior to cutting the panels.

I had 5 parts cut, cost was $236.50 shipped. Only took about there days to turn around.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #194

Hey guys I drew up what we could use as a silk screen to overlay onto the new panels that Mac cut for me. Now the color portion is great but my cad program shows white colors as black on my screen. I would like some ideas on getting a decal of some kind made so I could add the graphics to the panel.

This last pic shows the flat piece under the radio, I am going to install a coffee cup holder in that panel

Old 05-18-2014, 12:59 AM   #195

About a year ago I replaced the crankshaft seal due to an oil leak and thought that I had it fixed. Apparently that wasn't it. I finally found it by getting the wife to rev the engine while I watched and saw a pretty good leak from between the gear housing and the engine block. I guess the oil slinging off the gears at higher RPMs made it show up.
So I got out the drum fan to stay cool and proceeded taking it apart. Bumper off, batteries out, battery box out, frame crossmember out, AC compressor off, vibration damper off, gear cover off, bar engine to TDC, pulled injection pump gear, air filter off, air tube from CAC disconnected and moved out of the way, rocker cover off, rockers off, pushrods removed, 1/2 inch wood dowels and rubber bands to hold up tappets, removed camshaft, drank beer, injector pump nuts between the pump and block are a booger but the good thing is that the inj pump and air compressor didn't have to come off even though they bolt on to the gear housing. The cam gear and the inj pump gear are the only ones that have to be removed to get the gear housing off. I replaced the gear housing gasket, the O-ring on inj pump and the air compressor gasket. I also removed the oil pan and replaced it's gasket since it overlaps the bottom of the gear housing.
Then I put it all back together. (Pump timing, valve lash, etc)
I recently saw an American Coach on the side of I-20 so I stopped to see if they needed help. Part of their throttle linkage had broken so they had nothing but idle. Having seen this, I decided to check mine while I was crawling all over the engine anyway and I found a worn part that was ready to fail. There is a small threaded rod with small ball joint ends that connects to the injector pump throttle and one of these ball joints was so worn that it came apart when I touched it.
I went for a spin today and crawled underneath and everything is still dry. I hope I got it fixed this time.
GA Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #196

We'll crap with all that you have just done I guess I shouldn't be crying about having to change out all air bags and rear jacks!! Hope you took a lot of pics.