Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Headlights

Moving the turn signals,,, now that is a great idea!
I guess I was a bit too busy with my repairs to consider that, but it makes sense. If you look closely at the finished pic of mine there are two screws located above the headlight. They hold a trim panel in place above the lights because the opening on the MH was taller than the new lights needed. To take your idea a step further you could locate headlight capsules with integrated turn signals.

Sorry but I did not save the molds. What I used was 2" thick styrofoam insulation board. I cut pieces to approx. size and then stacked them with glue to hold them together. Once the glue is set you can shape the molds to fit, I used a belt sander to contour the edges. After shaping use clear packaging tape to cover the styrofoam, this needs to be sealed good to prevent the resin from getting to the foam, it will melt it. When you are done fiberglassing allow overnight to set and then pour a some acetone onto the foam on the open side. Adding acetone to strategic areas will melt away just enough that you can remove rest of the foam in chunks.
Hope this helps a bit.

Jr
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
PML

Primus Heat in my 94 HR Navigator.

Does anyone know were the reset button is for my primus heat?

Patrick.
plambrecht@carolina.rr.com

704-516-9707
PML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PML View Post
Does anyone know were the reset button is for my primus heat?

Patrick.
plambrecht@carolina.rr.com

704-516-9707
I went through my old pics of the Primus Heater and found the reset button to be found ion top of the panel box located on the DS of the engine room near the Primus pump and glo plugs are located...this is to the far left-hand side of the engine room...see attached oicture.

Hope this helps...

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HR Navigator AC 110 VAC Replacement - Bad Engine Block Heater Pl 002.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	25877  
Mikeflyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #32

Since seeing your headlight conversion I have been checking out every light I see on the road, I have found that a Ford Pick up (not sure of year yet) has a combined headlight as well as a different astro van. Both look pretty good but will keep looking. I am sure I will need the structural sht metal of which ever one I find so I think a trip to pick n pull this weekend is in order.
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
I considered using the sheet metal from a donor Astro but decided against it. Problem lies with joining steel to fiberglass. Metal expands and contracts at a different rate than does fiberglass due to changes in temperature. Cracks are likely to form as the repair ages if you bond the two together.

When looking for headlight capsules to use consider the angle of the front body. If I remember right the Navigator has a 2.5" setback on each side. The Astro has 4" setback. This measurement is the angle from center of the grille to the outside of the headlights. You need to be close on that to be able to aim the lights properly.

Have fun! I do a lot of searching in boneyards for work, we build streetrods. I love going there!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #34

Hey, my dash heater in my 1995 navigator is not blowing hot, anyone have any experience to help me debug?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #35

The only thing I can think of is you may have a blockage somewhere that is preventing the hot water from the motor getting to the heater core. Have you noticed any water suddenly under the rig? Also check the two "y" fittings at the engine compartment, one supplies the hot water and the other is the return. check out the diagram.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
1996 HR Navigator

Wow it is so nice to see that there are other Navigators similar to ours! I have always kind of felt like there weren't many out there. I happened upon this thread this morning and have booked marked it to keep up with "our" Navigator model.

We are a bit new to the forum and the RV lifestyle but we are hoping to finally use ours more often Hopefully I can post a couple of pics to this reply.

Regards
Stephen S.
1996 HR Nav.
400 Cumins
Sparten Chassis

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #37

Welcome Stephen!

I too am kinda new to the RV world, only about three years or so. I love our nav and hope to upgrade one day to a newer one. Jump into any of threads we can all still learn and hopefully give good advice on upkeep and or upgrades to our rigs.

RUNDLC
Old 11-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #38

wow! Thanks! I will check that out. I think I will try taking a mighty vac and making sure coolant makes it the whole way. That is a heck of a long run. I haven't noticed anything under the coach except for under the desiccant filter in the back and under the ac in the front. The hot water assist seems to work for the hot water heater, so at least I have fluid making it halfway.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #39

Stephen, beautiful coach. My paint and vinyl graphics are pretty beat, and my window seals have failed, so my windows are cloudy. This is an older thread- but it seems to be the best spot to park our vintage navigators that I have found.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jaytho,
Our MH has been parked inside for the last few years that helps a lot. We recently moved to downsize a bit and now it will be outside. I really don't like to have to do that but I guess I try and wax it more often.
We are in Colorado and have some pretty harsh weather in the winter and at 5,000 ft elevation the sun is pretty intense also.
My dash heat wouldn't work also and I found that in the front Gen. area there is a small little elec. motor that turns when you change the heat setting. The motor turned just fine but the cable on top didn't so we just cleaned the post and reclamped the cable to the motor post and all was great. The little motor turned a valve to allow heat flow to the dash. If you want I can snap a photo and post it here or email it to you.
Regards
Stephen S.
'96 HR. Nav.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #41

Stephen if you would post that pic please for future reference.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Pics

Looks like the first is a bit blurry and the 2nd is a close up. Hope they come through and they help!
These are in the front Gen area.
Regards
Stephen S.
'96 HR Nav.
[/IMG]