Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2022, 07:22 PM   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidler25 View Post
Mine is a 1995 with the 400 Cummins. Not sure about the model number.
Your duct work run right up from the floor at the sofa end of the kitchen counter. your thermostat is mounted to the outside of the duct
rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2022, 05:34 PM   #1192

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 103047boat View Post
Question 1996 Holiday Rambler Navigator has three lights per side, when I turn the master switch on the outside light ( which are bright and dim bulb) on each side come on without pulling the light switch out, does anyone else's do this? If you don't turn the master switch off the light stay on. Thanks for anyone that can help out on this problem.

See my post of 6/10/22 where I describe the operation of the headlight system in detail, should answer your question.
Stevens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #1193

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens10 View Post
Again, I have a 1993 Navigator 38 foot, but here is how my unit is set up:

Outer light is dual element bulb, low high beam that comes on when ever the headlight switch is on and changes with the hi low beam switch actuated by the turn signal lever being pulled toward the steering wheel to to toggle the setting.

Middle light is a single element bulb that comes on when the headlight switch is on and the hi low switch is toggled to high beam.

Inner bulb is a single element bulb that comes on when the key is on and the driving light switch on the dash is on. The driving light switch is the bottom rocker located to the left of the speedometer along with the ICC and Auxiliary switches.

If your headlights are coming on as soon as the battery disconnect is turned on it probably means that your headlight switch is bad and the contacts have welded internally. Try switching the hi low switch to verify that both high and low beams are coming on, if so that points to the headlight switch, if not then there may be a wiring issue. Unfortunately I do not have a wiring schematic for the coach, just for the chassis, in fact I am not sure that there is schematic for the coach, as the company was bought by Monaco, who then went bankrupt, and the documentation was not preserved according to the company currently building Holiday Ramblers. So your only recourse is to trace down the wiring. The good news is that much of the wiring does have labels which can help.

Good luck!
As soon as the main disconnect is turned on the outside high low lights come on switch to high and the middle come on with the high beam, turn key on and fog light switch and the inside ones come on with the low beams make sense? I think the light switch was replaced did each wire plug in to the switch or in a common block and that plugged in to the switch.
103047boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:21 AM   #1194

Spartan Chassis
This indicates that the headlight switch is bad or is wired incorrectly. The headlight switch is fed directly from the disconnect switch, so the headlights can operate without the ignition key being on. Since the lights come on as soon as the disconnect is on that means that the headlight switch is stuck in the on position or the spade connections on the back of the plug are touching each other. You will need to remove the dash panel that holds the headlight switch so you can access the wiring and check out what is going on, but I am pretty sure you will need to replace the switch.
Old 07-15-2022, 07:29 AM   #1195

Spartan Chassis
Sorry I forgot to answer the question about the wiring, in my unit the wires plug on the headlight switch individually, however the previous owner(s) were not very good mechanics and tended to do poor work on the wiring, so I do not know how it was originally set up.Here is a link to a typical GM headlight switch, which is what my unit has. headlight switch wiring diagram? - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network
Old 07-16-2022, 03:24 AM   #1196

Stevens 10 Thank you for the wiring diagrams soon as it get light out I will be out pulling the panel and check the wiring, really can't thank you enough, this is what is great with this site most all willing to help. Have a great day!
Old 07-23-2022, 06:34 AM   #1197

Spartan Chassis
Headlight problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 103047boat View Post
Stevens 10 Thank you for the wiring diagrams soon as it get light out I will be out pulling the panel and check the wiring, really can't thank you enough, this is what is great with this site most all willing to help. Have a great day!
Another thought, I was working in my electrical cabinet on my Rambler, and there is a relay marked headlights, so that might also be the source of your problem if it has welded in the on position.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #1198

Found the problem now trying to find the part the DRL MODULE is bad its a Hamsar solid state DRL Module model # 70991 which I can't find they have a 70996 but don't know it that will work Hamsar has been no help called left messages to company and dist so if you know this will work please let me know 1996 Holliday Rambler Navigator 40' 300 hp. Thank you
Old 07-27-2022, 03:57 PM   #1199

Spartan Chassis
You might want to consider a universal DRL here is a link for one from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Mobilistics-D..._t1_B0042OX8YA

You will have to do some experimentation to figure out what wires to connect. The schematic that comes with the module tells you what should connect to what, the trick will be figuring out which existing wires go to which lights. The other alternative is to eliminate the Daytime driving lights altogether, not a legal requirement. Some states require headlights when wipers are going, or in special situations. On my 1993 the driving lights are controlled manually by a rocker on the dash.

I did look and could not find wiring diagrams for either the 70991 or the 70996. Looks like these modules just add an automatic function to the daytime driving light, for example turns them on and off with the ignition, some models use the high beams at a reduced voltage, or the low beams full power or reduced. My guess is the 70991 module turns off driving lights when the headlights are turned on, since you have three headlights, one which is probably only for daytime driving. I would also guess that the 70996 has a different functionality maybe for a two headlight system not three.

Sorry that I cannot give you better information, my unit does not have this module or I would check it out and provide a wiring schematic and function description.
Old 09-07-2022, 06:32 AM   #1200

Spartan Chassis
Repaired Front end

Quote:
Update, local body shop does RVs on a regular basis, already given me a quote, and is willing to work with me doing the heavy metal work, and the electrical cabinet work. Looks like process is going to be less painful than I thought. Fortunately I had all the pieces, so they have a starting point.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1662553426

Body shop did a wonderful job, I had them prime two coats with tint to match closely, I plan on repainting the whole unit next summer after doing some additional fiber glass repairs on basement doors. I had them fill in the recess where the turn signals were and installed new LED units more outboard from the original location. They rebuilt the center genset grill, making it much beefier by infilling the c shaped bars with fiber glass. All in all a very nice job. And they did it for significantly less than the original quote since I did the metal repairs and pulled the electrical cabinet back into shape and replaced the back panel that had been broken.

Happy Camper!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wrecked HR.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	586.6 KB
ID:	375711   Click image for larger version

Name:	repaired HR.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	375712  

Old 09-08-2022, 08:17 AM   #1201

Quote:
https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1662553426

Body shop did a wonderful job, I had them prime two coats with tint to match closely, I plan on repainting the whole unit next summer after doing some additional fiber glass repairs on basement doors. I had them fill in the recess where the turn signals were and installed new LED units more outboard from the original location. They rebuilt the center genset grill, making it much beefier by infilling the c shaped bars with fiber glass. All in all a very nice job. And they did it for significantly less than the original quote since I did the metal repairs and pulled the electrical cabinet back into shape and replaced the back panel that had been broken.

Happy Camper!!
Very nice job . looks great!
rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #1202

Windshield Glass Repair

Greetings to all - been a while since I've posted.

Moved from St Louis to North Central AR about 3 years ago. I had our Navigator parked in front of our new house for about a year while I was building a pole barn to park it in. One day I found the front left leveling jack had retracted due to a hose blowing out. After that repair I noticed the top left had corner of the windshield & gasket had popped out of the window frame with no other damage to the glass. Looks like a simple lipped gasket that shouldn't be too hard to get back into the window frame. I've been calling around the whole region hoping to find an auto glass repair shop to do the repair with no success. Today I found a company in Branson who said they could do the repair but I was quoted $1000 for labor alone. That quote included complete removal of both halves of the windshield, clean-up, and reinstallation, but still way more than I was expecting. Anyone have any experience with windshield repair like this? Any suggestions appreciated - thanks!
jumpjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:34 PM   #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjg View Post
Greetings to all - been a while since I've posted.

Moved from St Louis to North Central AR about 3 years ago. I had our Navigator parked in front of our new house for about a year while I was building a pole barn to park it in. One day I found the front left leveling jack had retracted due to a hose blowing out. After that repair I noticed the top left had corner of the windshield & gasket had popped out of the window frame with no other damage to the glass. Looks like a simple lipped gasket that shouldn't be too hard to get back into the window frame. I've been calling around the whole region hoping to find an auto glass repair shop to do the repair with no success. Today I found a company in Branson who said they could do the repair but I was quoted $1000 for labor alone. That quote included complete removal of both halves of the windshield, clean-up, and reinstallation, but still way more than I was expecting. Anyone have any experience with windshield repair like this? Any suggestions appreciated - thanks!

Back when I had my ‘93 Navigator, I had both windshields replaced for $1400, but that included new glass and labor. Insurance was paying the bill. That was probably 9 years ago.

More recently I had to have a new gasket installed on my Magna (very similar split windshield like the Navigator). I acquired the new gasket myself, and the work to remove both windshields, install new gasket and put same windshields back in was $1200. This was 3 . . . Maybe 4 years ago.

This seemed to be the going rate, and my normal glass place wouldn’t even touch it. So spend $1200 to have some one do a pretty crappy job. That’s just regret talking!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:17 AM   #1204

Thanks for the reply Willy. I did some more searching yesterday and found a place in Searcy AR called RV Fog Doctor who said they could help me out. Their main business is replacement of dual pane windows that loose their seal and cause fogging up of windows but they do windshields and other RV repairs including collision, paint, etc. They will not be removing the windshield, instead they will work the existing gasket/windshield back into place and apply caulk as needed. They have a good reputation and lots of experience, and they have a few full hook-ups on site that are available at no cost to the customer. Best news is they quoted me $100 - $150 to do the repair. I'm scheduled for Nov 18th. I'll report back afterwards
jumpjg is offline   Reply With Quote