Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #1

Are you a 93-96 Navigator owner?

If so would you guys and gals mind sharing your contact info with each other? I am always looking at how the manufacturer upgraded from year to year to make things better. I would like to see pics of your upgrades and or ideas on keeping our rigs going. I am desperately searching for old-new stock for our units, this is proving to be a tough task. I am always thinking of what I can do to make her better.

Now I am not suggesting posting personal info on an open forum but maybe some kind of list that could be handled through private messaging.

Let me know what you think and happy trails!
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #2

Have a 2006 H.R. Navigator 45PBQ. Happy to share info.
Wvashaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I previously owned a 94 38' HR Navigator with Primus heating, sold a few years ago but might have some files for your interest.

I pretty much lived through many issues on the coach, so might be of help to you.

What subjects are of interest?

Mike Wilkins
FL
Mikeflyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #4

Thanks I will shoot you a pm. Really any and all subjects, It would be nice to hear all subjects. I think the biggest where the heck we could find old/new stock. It is possible I am hoping to add a screen door to my unit, they didn't actually start adding them until 94 but I believe bodies are exact.

Wiring issues always are a concern, one main is why the heck did they install such skimppy switches? Have you or did you ever leave your mood lights on for more than 30 minutes?? Be careful you might burn the coach down, switches get extremely hot as do the fluorescent light switches.

I really do like my unit and as far as I can tell it is well built with a few exceptions. My other problem is I love to modify and or change things to make them look newer, I have always been that way even with my cars, just can't seem to leave them stock.

I hope to come up with a many ideas as possible so that guys that need help can have just one place to search for info and or up grades.

Thanks RUNDLC
Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We bought our from the original owner so I have all the manuals including the 1993 sales brochure if you wanted to see what it looked like originally I can scan it for you.

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
RUNDLC, just found this one for sale, it looks all original inside!
1993 Holiday Rambler Navigator 38WB SPT for Sale - D737 - PPL Motor Homes Good price too!

Actually having looked further he has a 2nd one for sale too!! Wonder where they are all coming from?

something for the weekend...1968 Vanguard Camper on 1989 GMC 2500
Open Roaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #7

@Open yeah I saw those two units, one looks very clean for the year. There seems to be a few out there just not to many in the salvage yard, although I recently ran across one that was hit in the front and sold at auction. Wished I knew where it ended up.

If you can scan anything that would be great! I will shoot you my email address.

RUNDLC
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds great, will post some pictures of our reno when i am ready.
Thanks and happy trails.
1994 holiday rambler navigator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNDLC View Post
If so would you guys and gals mind sharing your contact info with each other? I am always looking at how the manufacturer upgraded from year to year to make things better. I would like to see pics of your upgrades and or ideas on keeping our rigs going. I am desperately searching for old-new stock for our units, this is proving to be a tough task. I am always thinking of what I can do to make her better.

Now I am not suggesting posting personal info on an open forum but maybe some kind of list that could be handled through private messaging.

Let me know what you think and happy trails!
kees boode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
PML

Holiday rambler Navigator Primus Heat.

My primus Heat is clicking when I turn it on????

Patrick.

704-516-9707
PML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
PML

Holiday Rambler Navigator.

I recently purchased a 1994 Navigator from the original owner. When Buddy bought the Navigator it was brought home and kept warmed and cooled in a climate controlled Building. The coach was used sparingly and as you can amagine it is a close to show room as won could ask for. Money was never a problem so the coach has been well maintained. I love the way the coach performs and the amenities it has. I love the fuel ecomnomy we get when we keep our foot out of it but I have to admit that the coach loves 75-80. Should any one with a Navigator want to talk feel free to email or give me a call. I am a early riser...

Patrick.

plambrecht@carolina.rr.com
704-516-9707
Old 02-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #11

Smile 1995 Holiday Rambler Navigator 38WD

We bought our new to us Coach this last July 22nd, 2011 @ Lazydays in Seffner, FL. It is a joy to drive. Only have had 2 issues since purchasing. The 1st was the Microphor Toliet took a dump. Quoted parts & labor to fix was 1100 to 1500 dollars. Ouch. Decided to install a Dometic Porcelain Toliet with foot pedal operation. The second was the Cruise Control fried? Hate to admit it, but I think I may have caused it. I had to disconnect the wiring to the batterys so as to gain access. Managed to arc a couple of wires while I was adding distilled water. Had to send to King Cruise Control in Calif. to rebuild the circuit board. That cost me 1200 to cure. Only have a couple of minor issues to solve when I can save a little disposable income. Order of importance, The porch light won't light when I flip the switch. The fan motor on the secondary furnace won't cycle off. The springs on all the awnings are weak. Have to roll the awnings up by hand when putting them away.
cvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #12

@CVIK

Thanks for chiming in, sounds like you have a nice rig. On the porchlight, disconnect the light switch and see what your wire ends look like. Do you have the stock light fixture or after market.

@PML Nice talking to you today, I found this link for some Primus info. You will have to join their forum to get to the link but it appears one of the guys can get parts and knows the systems.http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=6825
Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #13

porch light

Thanks for the response. The porch light is stock original fluorescent bulbs (2). I copied the numbers & looked for replacements. Can't seem to find a match. Don't know if there was a model # change over the years. Haven't really dug into researching. Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNDLC View Post
@CVIK

Thanks for chiming in, sounds like you have a nice rig. On the porchlight, disconnect the light switch and see what your wire ends look like. Do you have the stock light fixture or after market.

@PML Nice talking to you today, I found this link for some Primus info. You will have to join their forum to get to the link but it appears one of the guys can get parts and knows the systems.http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=6825
cvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
PML

Primus Heat in my 94 navigator.

Good morning Navigators, I have done some additional investigation and have found that the primus (water) pump is on and working correctly. I hear the pump running and hear the ignition (glo plug) trying to light the boilers a click poof noise do smell gas from primus boiler exhaust vent . What are your thoughts propane regulator or glo-plugs????